Are those yellow and brown spots deficiencies?

• Thread starter gonzalomunioz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Hey guys! I come back here once again to ask for your advice.
This my 4th grow so far, it’s been, I believe, the best one, in every way; still so much to learn and keep practicing.
Anyways, my concern is about some yellow with brown spots in some leaves, not every, but some. I’m still not quite sure on what are the symptoms of each deficiency and if they’re a deficiency.

Both are from Barney’s Farm, left one is Glookies and right one is L.S.D. (which is the fattest too, the buds from the left plant still are kinda slim, but I don’t care much as long as they are good). I’m using organic soil and I’ve been fertilizing with Grotek fertilizers (Solo-Tek and Monster, with Bud Fuel Pro, also some Cal-Mag from TopCrop and Super Honey from Azteka nutrients every other week). I water them every 3 days most of the time, and I feed them every other watering? (I feed, with 2lts each plant (they’re in 10lts pots), then in about 3 days when the soil is dry enough I water them plain water). And that’s it I believe, humidity is around 60 to 85% most of the time and temperature varies from 15 C to 28 C probably, I’m not entirely sure because I need to buy a new termo-hygrometer, mines not displaying right the numbers. Lights are at about 25-30cm from buds, they’re 300w LED full spectrum lights.

I don’t think it’s severe at all, I just want to learn and I have no one to ask besides this great community!

Are those yellow and brown spots deficiencies
Are those yellow and brown spots deficiencies 2
Are those yellow and brown spots deficiencies 3
Are those yellow and brown spots deficiencies 4
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Back the light off 10 to 15 cm.
Over feeding Nitrogen for this point in grow.

Next feeding. Cut your Solo-Tek Grow in half.
Add 1/8 tsp Monster Bloom per gallon water.

In 1 week
Cut the Solo-Tek Grow in half again.
Add 1/4 tsp pr gallon. Monster Bloom. Until 3 weeks before harvest
Monster Bloom

3 weeks before harvest.
Stop all Nitrogen \ Solo Tek-Gro.
Add 1/4 tsp Monster Bloom per gallon.

Last week before harvest.
Flush 7 days prier to harvest.
Water only until harvest day.

You don't need anything else.

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

In 1 week
View attachment 2080394
3 weeks before harvest.

Excellent! Thank you so much, it is much clear now, it’s kinda hard to tell because most symptoms look quite similar. Anyways, I was following a feedchart from Grotek, should I keep following it? My plant is at week 5 of flowering, seed label said they’re about 60-70 days of flowering i’ll try to go in between.

Also, do you think that feeding every watering is better? Or should I stick to feed every other watering?
Last question and I won’t be bothering anymore, when I flush my plants, I have to water them twice the amount of water right? How many times? Is it just one flush (twice the water, no ferts) and then just plain water and that will continue flushing?

Again, thank you man!

Redneckx

Redneckx

In 1 week
View attachment 2080394
3 weeks before harvest.

Hey Ron, is that product organic?
If it is, than I will get that for my flowers!
Thanks Bro

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey Gonz.
I love helping people get the most out of there grow. Believe me when I say your not bothering me.
So your about 35 days in. Say 1/2 way. I think the schedule you have been fallowing is actually the problem.

Consider just what I posted above. There is already quite a buildup of nitrogen available to the plant in the pot so you can back it way off (N) and let the plant utilize what is already available in the potting medium. Cut everything else out.

Give the plant minimum Nitrogen and pick up the amount of Phosphorus and Potassium with the Monster bloom as described.
1/4 teaspoon of Monster bloom = 2 grams.

If you look at your nice dark green plant. It's super healthy. But we need to let the plant use up a bunch of nitrogen already in the pot.
This looks good now but if we don't let the plant eat it now. The chlorophyll that makes the plant nice and green now will make your plant smell like hay when hanging. And can be a problem even after very long dry times and curing. Best get it looked after now so your bud smells bad ass later on.

The type of potting medium you are using is best suited for weekly feeding rather than every watering.
I would say. Pick a feed day each week. Apply fertilizer solution on that day only. Then a light water mid week if needed.

Flushing. I use a green plastic watering can. 3 gallons of room temp water to flush my plants. I set the plant in a sink and set the watering can above on the counter. Start a 1/4" tube siphon into the pot so it slowly runs the best part of 3 gallons of water threw a small pot. I move the hose a couple of times so it washes the entire pot. This is flushing. This removes most N-P-K. Calcium and Magnesium. Of course there are minerals in the water. 1 time.

The last week. You may need to give it a little water mid week maybe not.
It depends on the plant. If it needs water just give it a little water as usual.

You need to do this asap. I know what I'm asking you to do to your plant. Trust me!
Fast Forward to 8 min.

Will check back a little later.
Ron

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey Ron, is that product organic?
If it is, than I will get that for my flowers!
Thanks Bro
Are you asking about the Gro-Tek 0-50-30 Monster Bloom?
Monster Bloom

No it's not organic. But organic bloom booster formulas are available if you google organic bloom booster.

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Hey Gonz.
I love helping people get the most out of there grow. Believe me when I say your not bothering me.
So your about 35 days in. Say 1/2 way. I think the schedule you have been fallowing is actually the problem.

Consider just what I posted above. There is already quite a buildup of nitrogen available to the plant in the pot so you can back it way off (N) and let the plant utilize what is already available in the potting medium. Cut everything else out.

Give the plant minimum Nitrogen and pick up the amount of Phosphorus and Potassium with the Monster bloom as described.
1/4 teaspoon of Monster bloom = 2 grams.

If you look at your nice dark green plant. It's super healthy. But we need to let the plant use up a bunch of nitrogen already in the pot.
This looks good now but if we don't let the plant eat it now. The chlorophyll that makes the plant nice and green now will make your plant smell like hay when hanging. And can be a problem even after very long dry times and curing. Best get it looked after now so your bud smells bad ass later on.

The type of potting medium you are using is best suited for weekly feeding rather than every watering.
I would say. Pick a feed day each week. Apply fertilizer solution on that day only. Then a light water mid week if needed.

Flushing. I use a green plastic watering can. 3 gallons of room temp water to flush my plants. I set the plant in a sink and set the watering can above on the counter. Start a 1/4" tube siphon into the pot so it slowly runs the best part of 3 gallons of water threw a small pot. I move the hose a couple of times so it washes the entire pot. This is flushing. This removes most N-P-K. Calcium and Magnesium. Of course there are minerals in the water. 1 time.

The last week. You may need to give it a little water mid week maybe not.
It depends on the plant. If it needs water just give it a little water as usual.

You need to do this asap. I know what I'm asking you to do to your plant. Trust me!
Fast Forward to 8 min.

Will check back a little later.
Ron
Ron, Sorry for not responding earlier, didn’t really have much time.
the day I posted this, I fed my plants, so, today I fed them with the corrected amount of nutes. I’ll update you with photos in 2 weeks, so you see how they look.

About the feeding and watering I do each plant 2lts feed and then if needed plain water, at the end of the week, usually 1.5lts. Do you think I should keep following that feedchart? Or how could I change it?

Alright, so I think I flushed almost correctly last time, but leaves weren’t completely yellow, should they be? The technique was a bit off, that might be why they didnt change color.

Top Bottom