Arent my cannabis plants too small for their age?

• Thread starter NoobieGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoobieGrows

Hello guys, i was just wondering if my Autoflowering Skunk No.1 from Sensi Seeds isnt too small for their age. Yesterday i saw a pic on instagram that one guy has posted and his plants were indoor grow autos ( dunno strain) they were at day 17 were big as hell. Probably like 20 cm ( 7,8 inches) Mine germinated at 1. July so now they are 17 days old and are looking like this. One had problems with spider mites, but i got rid of them. What do you think? its my first ever outdoor grow.

Arent my cannabis plants too small for their age
Arent my cannabis plants too small for their age 2
Arent my cannabis plants too small for their age 3
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They might be a little small but they look healthy. Some strains take a while to grow their roots and then grow rapidly. What kind of light are you using? A little stronger light might improve growth a little, but more info is needed. Looking good though, so far!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Exactly what @Jimster said. I had one plant which was a slow starter this year. The first pic has my plants at about week 3-4. The smaller one (ak kush) was growing SO slowly. It never became root bound in that tiny peat pot but eventually decided to transplant it.
3F04394F 21CA 4A63 A809 77E75376A2E4

The same plant is the one furthest to the left (second closest in the pic) you really couldn’t tell it was stunted at first.
7347CDE3 BB18 45DE 865C 919C001FA4F6

This is it now.
A0F83A65 E3CC 4AAB BB9C 1AC47A553FB6

Keep it healthy and it’ll be happy

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
During my last grow, I grew a Jack Jeter from seed. The seed was tiny but popped in a day or two and didn't grow much during the 1st 3 weeks. It was a runt, but after 2 months it was as tall or taller and bigger than most of the others... it just depends on the circumstances.
FWIW, I think the small seeds that are being sold are the reason for the slow starting... They are rushed into flowering and picked before fully matured. The seeds don't have much energy to quickly grow and seem to stall until the roots and leaves get going to supply the needed energy and materials.

Seraphine

Seraphine

They look a little small. What did you use to treat the spider mites?

Sometimes the rotation of insecticides that close together can stress a plant out. I had to treat for spider mites (luckily not the two spotted mite aka the borg) but the Azera I used was hard on the plant. I bet you’ll see a growth spurt soon.

N

NoobieGrows

Im growning them outside, so the light is what it is:D When its a sunny day they get like 12 hours of sunlight. Sometimes when the weather is bad they can get just as little as 2 hours.. Also when should i start feeding my plants liquid nutrients?
And if i should when should i start using Molassas. its a tip friend of mine gave me. Dont know how i feel about it tho.

N

NoobieGrows

@MooseFarts
Beautifull plants! But i think ill keep mine in pots. Couse the soil in my garden is too firm to plant cannabis in.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Im growning them outside, so the light is what it is:D When its a sunny day they get like 12 hours of sunlight. Sometimes when the weather is bad they can get just as little as 2 hours.. Also when should i start feeding my plants liquid nutrients?
And if i should when should i start using Molassas. its a tip friend of mine gave me. Dont know how i feel about it tho.

What kind of soil are you using? That would play a role in when to start using fertilizers. But probably safe to say you won’t need any nutes for another week or two since like they look like they’re doing well.

I’m no expert when it comes to molasses but what I’ve read is that you use it near the end of the life cycle; within the last few weeks before harvest. I’m sure someone with more experience with it will tell you better than me though.

N

NoobieGrows

Im using some universal type of soil from walmart. On the packiging it said that it has nutrients for 6 weeks. But i dont know how i feel about that:D Im also scared, that couse they are autos they will start to flower within a week or two. That would be pretty bad considering the yield. But im not hoping for much anyways. Its my first grow. Nobody i know did great on their first run. Thanks for all the tips! next time i will do better:D

Also what are your experiences with autoflower yields? A friend of mine did Sweet Cheese auto outdoor and pulled 120g(4.2Oz) of dried flower.
I dont expect anything like that. Couse that sounds like a photoperoid yield:D he had some crazy luck with that one, or skills anyways.
I dont want to get my hopes too high, what should i expect? im hoping for at least 1/2 Oz.
Thanks for all the help!

59453636 471761350235579 8335695914173726720 n
Top Bottom