• Thread starter MacroLogos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MacroLogos

MacroLogos

The Insiders are all doing good, with the exception of that 1 plant:

20220825 201955

20220825 202001

I'm skipping feeding this week and just giving everything pure RO water because there are touches of nutrient overload on a few plants, but nothing like the one sick one.

I'm also dealing with Aphids, using:

4x Praying Mantis
1500x Ladybugs

The Mantis' will eat up the Ladybugs eventually (which I want - dead ladybugs stuck in the buds is not a good thing), and both are feasting on aphids & eggs.

20220825 202032
MacroLogos

MacroLogos

I missed this shit before it nested (not sure the name of the little worm making these nests):

20220829 073239

At this point, all I can think to do is cut out every cola that's infested.

I am beyond bummed... probable won't be posting for a bit.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

In fact, there are Aphids, Spider Mites, those worms... more... it's over run by pests! Fucking Hell!!!

If it was a crop in a field, I'd burn the whole thing to prevent it spreading to other farms..

Habosabin

Habosabin

In fact, there are Aphids, Spider Mites, those worms... more... it's over run by pests! Fucking Hell!!!

If it was a crop in a field, I'd burn the whole thing to prevent it spreading to other farms..
Can you gas them out with pest strips? Not sure how people feel about them but I have one as a last resort nuke option. I've never used it. I've read they work and are safe.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Using gas would taint the flower..
I've read it dissipates very quickly and leaves no residue. I could be wrong but I bought mine after I read that just have one in case I got deluged with pests.

Sorry to see your garden with pests. I grow in a uninsulated shed as well so I relate.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

I've read it dissipates very quickly and leaves no residue. I could be wrong but I bought mine after I read that just have one in case I got deluged with pests.

Sorry to see your garden with pests. I grow in a uninsulated shed as well so I relate.
I'll take a look. What's the product name?

And thanks...

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'll take a look. What's the product name?

And thanks...
It's called Hot Shot No Pest Strip I believe. Again..due dilegence. The risk seems ok for me if I ever got to that stage. Good luck. Again, I only have it as last resort. I'd imagine I'd have to turn off fans for at least 12 hours so it's like a nuke option to me.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

It's called Hot Shot No Pest Strip I believe. Again..due dilegence. The risk seems ok for me if I ever got to that stage. Good luck. Again, I only have it as last resort.
Noted.

I'm just journaling my "prepare for the worst" phase... the "hope for the best" phase comes next.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Sooo... I fed everyone. Week #4 mix for 3 gal, and then I added another 3 gal of RO, pH 6.53 - so it's about half strength.

In the tent...
* I moved the 4 mantis out (don't want them dead),
* trimmed a bunch of leaf that looked like it might have eggs (probably shocked the plants, but not too bad)
* removed about 20-30 buds infected with spider mites -- so bummed :'-(
* then I spot dusted everything with a q-tip and ditamatious earth. I avoid dusting the buds, but dusted all the branches & stems, the junction on remaining leaves (where the Aphids like to hang out, and dusted the leaves themselves:
20220830 014409
20220830 014417
20220830 014439
20220830 014444

Feeling hopeful (this grow it fucked, but not totally).

Anyways, I've been at it since 8 pm, and it's 2 am now. Time for bed.

20220830 014348

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hope it works out, DE saved my current grow and hope it works well for you!

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Welcome to Arizona... where the Sun wipes its ass. :-D

Hit 115° in Casa Grande today...

But things were all good in the tent where we're veggin.
I never experienced 115° with 10% humidity. Maybe bc it's really early in the morning and I just smoked but right this moment it's insane to me to think people can handle living in that. I haven't checked out the rest of the journal yet, but here I go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom