Arrrgh!! Dark brown sludge on top of cube!!

• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

I have a thick brown sludge growing on top the cube, living?? Cannot get a pic. Vert lights ruin photos. I am cleaning it up with a spoon and flushing it, I have covered with panda, it seems to be helping. is this gonna be an issue later? I am flushing weekly so any runoff should not be an issue. But will this schmutz rot or cause root issues in the cube?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
algae - if you cover it after you scrape it you should be good - the big downfall of cubes - and flies love that shit

I think you can spray peroxide mixed with water (dont know the dilution)

T

TreFarmer

algae - if you cover it after you scrape it you should be good - the big downfall of cubes - and flies love that shit

I think you can spray peroxide mixed with water (dont know the dilution)

Thanks ML!! I got a lot riding on this! I figured on algae after it came back. Thanks for the pointer... should be ok??

Giddeon

Giddeon

mayb another spray with seranade after scrape than cover?... but other than that should be ok... as long as its only green algae.. good call with panda cover for now. once plant conopy really takes off should be ok to remove it. long as water temps in buckets below that 64* than NO ROT should EVER start growing.. eventually algae will choke out

stay up--- G

T

TreFarmer

mayb another spray with seranade after scrape than cover?... but other than that should be ok... as long as its only green algae.. good call with panda cover for now. once plant conopy really takes off should be ok to remove it. long as water temps in buckets below that 64* than NO ROT should EVER start growing.. eventually algae will choke out

stay up--- G

Thanks for stopping through G, ill check my rez temps again. I am having an AC issue also but I have a buddy comin by in a day or so, ill run as I the othee AC is keeping it at 74 and 82 so over all its ok for now.
Oh and a deficiency problem... Seamaiden says maybe Cal, would a foliar help at this point? PM me if you have any secret weapons;)
OH AND MY TOP FEEDS!
CRAIGSLIST: 1 SLIGHTLY USED MPB, IM GOING BACK TO SOIL!
LOL NAW, I don't give up! Back to work!
THANKS G!

T

TreFarmer

Hey tre was having same issue
Had any luck

Cover with Panda film, hand watered, and Seranade the tops of the cubes. I had to let it dry out between waterings and keep the light off em!:) I've determined mine is a nutrient slime growing in my outside rezs. Covered now and the slime is all but gone.

C

chalky white

covering should solve that problem and check temp over 72 degrees seem to promote the growth of the algee

Latest posts

Top Bottom