Ash color and smokability using organics?

• Thread starter Kushizle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushizle

Kushizle

Hey all, what is the šŸ”‘ to white ashes/long clean burn in your opinion?

Iā€™ve gotten so many completely different answers to this question itā€™s mind boggling. The whole reason I went organic is because I had the pleasure of smoking authentic 12 week Grandmaā€™s Cookies grown by khash_treemason and it was hands down the whitest, cleanest, longest burning, most complex weed I have ever smoked. All grown organically apparently. Itā€™s been a few years of experimenting with organics and I have never been able replicate khashā€™s work but I have definitely seen others come close using organics. My homegrown usually comes out white with grayish black streaks and other plants have been mostly black with streaks of white.

The connoisseur cigar/tobacco community see ash color, density and fire holding capacity as one of the biggest markers of quality but many in the grow community seem to focus more on bag appeal and yield as a priority over smoke-ability.

Iā€™m trying to compile a list of possible reasons so I can nail my next run so any answer helps a lot!!!!! Thanks

Nacugorn

Nacugorn

I have found it to be related to the amount of nutrients given. Less gets me white ash in a batty. I grow in perlite/soil 50/50 and only give 25% of a viagrow bloom booster that I use for everything in my garden. I feed them half of that when I switch to flower and the other when they form budlets.
Other than a small bit of nitrogen I give before they transplant to 5gal buckets that is the only nutrients I give. Oh, and I water with a gallon of ph5 then ph6 and finally ph7. I just rotate the water until near the end they take a half gallon every two days. Using up all nutrients seems to get the smoothest smoke for me.
Thatā€™s all I am after too!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

Iā€™ve gotten so many completely different answers to this question itā€™s mind boggling. The whole reason I went organic is because I had the pleasure of smoking authentic 12 week Grandmaā€™s Cookies grown by khash_treemason and it was hands down the whitest, cleanest, longest burning, most complex weed I have ever smoked. All grown organically apparently. Itā€™s been a few years of experimenting with organics and I have never been able replicate khashā€™s work but I have definitely seen others come close using organics. My homegrown usually comes out white with grayish black streaks and other plants have been mostly black with streaks of white.

The connoisseur cigar/tobacco community see ash color, density and fire holding capacity as one of the biggest markers of quality but many in the grow community seem to focus more on bag appeal and yield as a priority over smoke-ability.

Iā€™m trying to compile a list of possible reasons so I can nail my next run so any answer helps a lot!!!!! Thanks
master the ART of drying and curing!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Excess nitrogen in flower is why most internet forum growers produce shitty smoke. Don't tell me I'm wrong, you'll only admit you're an idiot. Flush/fade your shit.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Grow as organically as you can and wash the buds immediately after harvest in a cold-hot-cold rinse (just a few seconds each). People say it's only for outdoor growing, but there's a lot of stuff floating around in the air inside that can get stuck to your buds- like whatever is in the air that gets stuck to fan blades. šŸ™ƒ

Top Bottom