"Ask, and thou shall receive"

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Here it is, for whatever it's worth. This will be a somewhat fragmented grow diary, as I'm on the cusp of switching to flower. I did find some pics on my camera I haven't deleted, so I hope you enjoy :)

Ask and thou shall receive

I began my grow on May 23 (when seeds sprouted), technically I began on May 17 when I dropped them into the cup of water to germinate. Excuse my scrabble writing lol.

Ask and thou shall receive 2

Here is a photo of when I did my first transplant, from the first container into the final container and my first tie down (I no longer use the skewer in the medium technique for LST)

Ask and thou shall receive 3

I never fertilized my plants, the soil claimed to feed for 3 mos. What a lie.

Ask and thou shall receive 4

Meet the fertilizers I'm using. The entire premise of this grow is E F F I C I E N C Y, I'm trying to get back as much as possible while putting forth the least amount of resources. I was warned not to fall for all the fancy shmancy designs on those bottled nutrients so many new growers get suckered into purchasing. I took it to heart and decided to do things 'cheaply' and hit up my local Walmart for most of the products I'm using (I've also raided my bathroom closet for other things).

Ask and thou shall receive 5

Enter the safety pin. I spent close to $10 for diaper pins that won't rust from Walmart instead of opting to use skewers, as I felt my plants were pulling them from the soil medium. Now I use a tandem of rubberized garden ties and skewers to anchor branches into place as needed (this anchoring of branches using the skewers connected horizontally through the safety pins needs a bit of refinement, namely more space next time I do LST)

Ask and thou shall receive 6

Voila! Here's what they looked like on August 15

Ask and thou shall receive 7

Here they were on August 25

Ask and thou shall receive 8

And then more recently, a few days ago (before lollipopping)

Ask and thou shall receive 9

And then the most recent, after lollipopping (you can see the light on the floor lol)

There are two 'stars' left that I'm waiting on to mature and develop a couple of more fan leaves (7 instead of 5) before I flip to flower. I'm almost there though, after this weekend I think I'll switch to a 12-12 cycle (it's the last 'warm' weekend where I'm at). I do not want to switch to flower too quickly while it's still warm, I'd like for things to cool off a bit.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Update: September 12. First day of school it feels like. I have raised my growlight to the manufacturers recommendation of 12-18inches and I have set my timer to go off at 8pm and turn back on at 8am. I have taken my first step into flowering, not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous and excited, this is the moment I think everyone waits for!!

IMG 0555

I'm so nervous right now, but we're doing this!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Definitely a full house.

It almost looks like you're growing in a room and not a tent. Are you able to approach your grow from all sides ... or at least 3? It makes taking care of them a lot easier. If not, its something to consider for your next run. Otherwise your choices will become either play twister on watering day or remove the plants one by one from the tent/grow area on watering day. Lots of people have success with tightly packed grows but that technique is not for me. Plants like space and I like to give it to them. (personal preference thing really.)

With that said, things are looking really good! Keep it up. It looks like you're well on your way to a rewarding harvest.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Definitely a full house.

It almost looks like you're growing in a room and not a tent. Are you able to approach your grow from all sides ... or at least 3? It makes taking care of them a lot easier. If not, its something to consider for your next run. Otherwise your choices will become either play twister on watering day or remove the plants one by one from the tent/grow area on watering day. Lots of people have success with tightly packed grows but that technique is not for me. Plants like space and I like to give it to them. (personal preference thing really.)

With that said, things are looking really good! Keep it up. It looks like you're well on your way to a rewarding harvest.
I am growing in my closet, and I only really have one side to access them on.

I, uh, unfortunately never factored in for how to water my plants, definitely playing twister while trying to do so lol. I was considering for the next grow to allow my plants to grow a little higher than the fifth node before I pull them down for the first LST, that way it will allow me more space to access the soil medium.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I am growing in my closet, and I only really have one side to access them on.

I, uh, unfortunately never factored in for how to water my plants, definitely playing twister while trying to do so lol. I was considering for the next grow to allow my plants to grow a little higher than the fifth node before I pull them down for the first LST, that way it will allow me more space to access the soil medium.
Lollipopping lower greenery will help you with watering room.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Update for all you lovely awesome farmers on this Thursday Sept 22, seeing how it's now fall and it's been exactly one week since flipping to flower

IMG 0563

IMG 0564

You can actually see pistils, I think. I noticed these on day 3 but they're beginning to become more pronounced now

IMG 0565

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

So I feel like maybe I should add this here to my grow diary. A little bit of information about me--

I have done a LOT of research in regards to growing cannabis. This is my first grow. And in my research I came across information about the style of growers, people making mistakes. Two types of growers, people who give their plants TOO many nutrients and people who don't give their plant enough nutrients. All of my research indicated that excess nutrient problems are far harder to resolve than nutrient deficiencies, which can usually be amended by giving the plant what it needs.

That said, I chose to be the latter type of grower, willingly allowing my plant to wilt before adding water (not always) and now I just fed my plants for what's hopefully the last time before harvest. My one plant is starting to turn REALLY yellow, but not on all shoots or leaves, only two stalks are afflicted by this yellow discolouring. I'd say the discoloration looks more yellow with a tad green hue than anything. It's my first grow, so I was sort of expecting something like this to occur. I'm not upset, it's a learning process. That said, should I expect my return on this plant to be somewhat diminished, or will it affect the overall quality of the bud it produces?

Also as an aside, how do I add this diary to my profile for people to click on whenever I comment on something?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
As for the link click on your icon in the top right, click signature and put the link to your grow in there (use the link tab at the top of the box)

The box that pops up you enter the link at the top section then underneath you can rename it like I did on mine

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

As for the link click on your icon in the top right, click signature and put the link to your grow in there (use the link tab at the top of the box)

The box that pops up you enter the link at the top section then underneath you can rename it like I did on mine
How does it look now? Does it show up?

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
This is my first grow. And in my research I came across information about the style of growers, people making mistakes. Two types of growers, people who give their plants TOO many nutrients and people who don't give their plant enough nutrients.

I kind of think you are wrong here. Those that give too many nutes and too few nutes only make up a few cannabis growers. I mean I see people over and under water way more than I see people mess up nutrients.

For a first grow your lot looks good. Don't get too cocky though. There is still time for things to turn upsidedown for even you...

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Also as an aside, how do I add this diary to my profile for people to click on whenever I comment on something?

Use the WYSIWYG editor on your signature page.

Note that you can't see signatures on cell phone unless they are in landscape view also.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I kind of think you are wrong here. Those that give too many nutes and too few nutes only make up a few cannabis growers. I mean I see people over and under water way more than I see people mess up nutrients.

For a first grow your lot looks good. Don't get too cocky though. There is still time for things to turn upsidedown for even you...
When I said two types of growers, what I really meant to say was two types of NEW growers, I should've specified that. I didn't mean to imply seasoned growers make the same mistakes new growers make. Because obviously, I don't think they do.

That said, I'd rather err on the side of caution and refrain from giving my plants anything unless I see that they really need it. At least for now anyway. This is really just a mock run for me to get a feel for things and I'd really like to push the limit and apply my knowledge for the next grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom