At Harvest, The Slightly Melancholic Reflections Of One Grower

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Just beginning the process of harvesting my crop this season, at the first beheadings of those largest cola’s a little sadness enters my mind. Kind of a grand reflection on life in general, especially as you age, and as you note the passing of others. Some maybe younger, maybe older but inexplicably time marches onwards towards our ultimate completion date.
We become attached in a speculative way to our plants, urging them to uptake nutrients and sustaining moisture. From the most tentative stages when they first emerge from their captive shells, fragile, mere wisps of what giants we hope they will become. The careful metering of their environment, controlling the amount of light, those varied spectrums we task our lighting to supply, bent upon reproducing nature, in our artificial setups. The alchemy together with the light and of the nutrients, whereby these plants transform themselves into a visual delight for the senses, their proud displays, their enticing aromas filling us wth appreciation of their being. A hint of the effects they eventually will impart to those who partake because of their sacrifice...

If I only had the space, I would nurture and keep them all, for as long as possible, but that’s not the situation...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
that was awesome. are you a writer by chance? Well done and as dirtbag said I think like that sometimes but my writing skills don't articulate what I am thinkin...………

madgrower

madgrower

Just beginning the process of harvesting my crop this season, at the first beheadings of those largest cola’s a little sadness enters my mind. Kind of a grand reflection on life in general, especially as you age, and as you note the passing of others. Some maybe younger, maybe older but inexplicably time marches onwards towards our ultimate completion date.
We become attached in a speculative way to our plants, urging them to uptake nutrients and sustaining moisture. From the most tentative stages when they first emerge from their captive shells, fragile, mere wisps of what giants we hope they will become. The careful metering of their environment, controlling the amount of light, those varied spectrums we task our lighting to supply, bent upon reproducing nature, in our artificial setups. The alchemy together with the light and of the nutrients, whereby these plants transform themselves into a visual delight for the senses, their proud displays, their enticing aromas filling us wth appreciation of their being. A hint of the effects they eventually will impart to those who partake because of their sacrifice...

If I only had the space, I would nurture and keep them all, for as long as possible, but that’s not the situation...
Bravos

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
"to be or not to be", that is the question

The questions plagues us all. Even the bard. Humans search for meaning, futile. Not knowing the answer, is painful, but knowing that there is no answer which would silence the question, is just excruciating. Its just chaos and fleeting moments of beauty in a decaying universe.

Top Bottom