At what point should I harvest?

• Thread starter Gaharvest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I am 7 weeks into flower. I have one plant that looks ready to harvest? I started flushing about a week ago. Trichomes are still clear. What point do I need to harvest this one?
Depending on the strain, it could take longer, up to 10 - 12 weeks for flowering to conclude. If trichomes are still clear, let her wait. She looks very healthy otherwise so another week and daily checks on the trichomes and you should be all set.
Such a unique looking plant, those bracts look like seeds.

Gaharvest

Gaharvest

Yeah this plant (BigBud strain) was always different from the start. It never looked the same as the others. The leafs were completely different and even down to the color.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

All the seeds were supposed to be females
I have to ask, when you pinch one of those, is it hard? I've not seen a lot of females look like that and the ones that do tend to be poof balls when they dry to some disappointment.
Here's hoping those aren't seeds. Very interesting plant. I'd let her keep going until you're seeing more amber or milky colored trichomes turning.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya at least another 7-10 days probably more..
she could of hermie or another one did which would slow down ripening down a bit.
either way you just have to wait it out.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
even if there are seeds it means nothing to the quality of the weed, really to me growing weed is all about the trichomes!
that’s what matters the most! not eye candy,
the best weed i’ve ever smoked in my life was the old imported stuff, all loose buds, seeds, etc but damn still to this day the best tasting and high experience yet..
so learn as much as you can about trichomes, and your experience as you go along will train you to master it!

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

even if there are seeds it means nothing to the quality of the weed, really to me growing weed is all about the trichomes!
that’s what matters the most! not eye candy,
the best weed i’ve ever smoked in my life was the old imported stuff, all loose buds, seeds, etc but damn still to this day the best tasting and high experience yet..
so learn as much as you can about trichomes, and your experience as you go along will train you to master it!
Very true on the quality side. Seeds do not diminish the quality. I was thinking more like taking half for hash making and then just enjoy the other half smoking.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Very true on the quality side. Seeds do not diminish the quality. I was thinking more like taking half for hash making and then just enjoy the other half smoking.
absolutely or oil too..
just jump in with both feet and starting learning which comes success and failure which we all go through..
in the end if i have a fuck up of say dry sifting etc, well all goes to oil and nothing is lost..
making oil with isopropyl and a rice cooker is the easiest and the best process to get high quality oil!! BHO oil is crap to me, i’ll never smoke that.,
my oil is some if not the best oil i’ve ever smoked and i’ve been smoking oil and hash mainly for 37 yrs., quit smoking weed 33 yrs ago..

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

absolutely or oil too..
just jump in with both feet and starting learning which comes success and failure which we all go through..
in the end if i have a fuck up of say dry sifting etc, well all goes to oil and nothing is lost..
making oil with isopropyl and a rice cooker is the easiest and the best process to get high quality oil!! BHO oil is crap to me, i’ll never smoke that.,
my oil is some if not the best oil i’ve ever smoked and i’ve been smoking oil and hash mainly for 37 yrs., quit smoking weed 33 yrs ago..
BHO is so bad. How did anyone think that was "fire" . No flower?!? Hash is wonderful is so many ways. Live resin and such is nice but there's something truly unique with quality hash. It hits spiritual.

Top Bottom