ATF Open Letter on Medical Marijuana

• Thread starter green punk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green punk

green punk

They really want us to be criminals. This is so messed up.

Read:

T

thcnology

ATF... "Assholes To Fuck" ?

Just answer "No" to that question.

green punk

green punk

There is more to this than just answering no on question 11e. It s about taking our rights away because of the medicine we chose to use, namely the The 2nd amendment. So effectively you are classified as felon who can't bare firearms or posses amunition, let alone purchase these things.

Shoot, I have shotgun and .22 shells sitting in boxes in my truck all the time.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

From what im reading it is basically saying that you cant transfer the weapons while unlawfully (in the federal way) in possession of weed or have it in your system, but on the brighter side.

(With Obama telling the feds to NOT interact with state mandated laws pertaining to medical marijuana)

Nothing would really happen to you as long as your a legal card carrying member of a firearm (myself included) and if you have a weed card (but arent high as a kite when pulled over)....unless its a FEDERAL agent doing the traffic stop, the city, county, or even State law enforcement cant do shit to you.

If you read behind the lines, theyre saying "unlawfully possession of marijuana" that only pertains to those without the referral, yet that line is still in the sand from which feds cant overstep, nor can they deputize state,city, and county pigs to do their business anymore.

Plus, after the vote of HR2306 in November to tax weed like wine proposal nobody is gonna give a shit...

Most of the DEA guys that raid these farms are just big kids out in the forest playing soldier and yanking trees is the "pretend enemy" as a reason to act all Chuck Norris....Fuck 'em all....eventually theyll be silenced and then we'll all just toke up and laugh at them cuz theyll have to really work at stuff that matters like Meth labs and other DRUGS, not vegetables that were founded and built the country from which they so must "protect and serve"

K

kolah

ATF? they might as well put swastikas armbands on.

BTW, No where in the 2nd amendment does it say people need a permit to carry weapons. Fuck them and all that "concealed weapon permit" bullshit!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

That's fucked. This does not bode well for cannabis owner's rights. It is an open invitation to tack a federal charge on anybody who has a rec and owns a gun. Not good at all...

-TF

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I skimmed...

Does this mean I no longer have th right to bare arms and be a cannabis user at the same point in time? (not meaning use cannabis then use guns)

Thats fucking bullshit.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I skimmed...

Does this mean I no longer have th right to bare arms and be a cannabis user at the same point in time? (not meaning use cannabis then use guns)

Thats fucking bullshit.

Yep, it states that any cannabis user cannot legally own a firearm.

Canada anyone?

-TF

green punk

green punk

Tolken:
Really? Read the letter. Its real. And so are the feds. They regularly destroy families. Anyone not really thinking hard about this better talk amongst themselves with a friend or two. The 2nd amendment. Hello.

The NRA better step up. Also the cannabis community.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I think that we are gonna be screwed on this one. I can't see the conservative majority of the NRA backers on the side of us on this one. Hopefully I'm wrong. I am a member myself.

-TF

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Tolken:
Really? Read the letter. Its real. And so are the feds. They regularly destroy families. Anyone not really thinking hard about this better talk amongst themselves with a friend or two. The 2nd amendment. Hello.

The NRA better step up. Also the cannabis community.

Seriously....WHAT THE FUCK.

So what happens now? people going to come to my door and ask for my rifles? like seriously? Fuck off home boy, violating my 2nd.

T

thcnology

Guys Come on now, that question has been on the form forever. Last time I went and bought a gun I'm pretty sure I was high, but not so high that I answered yes to using "illegal drugs", or used a medical card as an ID, because of course that would disqualify me from ownership. Anyway these incompetents knowingly sell guns to meth'd out members of the Mexican Cartel, just to see if one happens to show up at a crime scene, or by the body of a dead border patrol agent? Between this Operation Gun Runner, Waco, Ruby Ridge, and all the other fuckups on their list, I'm pretty sure they got plenty of shit to deal with besides you smoking a doobie. Strangely enough though, if Cannabis were to ever be legalized at the federal level, the ATF would most likely be the department that would oversee the taxation, much like they oversee alcohol and tobacco.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

:character0110::mysterymachine::handshake::hunter::big_boss::harvest:

But what If ,

A gun could be made of Cannabis , Ya know that evil weed shit . Would that not negate the Possible er Potential Double Charge Violations ?

Plus talk about a fuckin smokin gun theory . I think we may have em on a Technicality when they wonder where the fuck did the evidence go ? Plus any duly sworn officer of the law would have a Medicinal Edible sidearm that they could munch on if needed in times of job related stress or Possible pain . Fuck I'm lovin it when a good idea comes together .

I'm gonna email Colt & Smith & Wesson to see if my idea may be viable . I will insist that all pistols & rifles be US Made & 100% American Grown components . Feckin Yankee Ingenuity at it's finest ,,,

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

:fighting0087: :character0095:

As a Canadian, I was under the impression that federal government couldn't compel states to effect laws. It seems there are a few amendments being ass raped there.

The simple answer is for the FDA to move cannabis to schedule IV (maybe III?) and it will 'instantly' have medical uses...and not be dangerous and addictive, lol. Not like those wonderful prescription drugs that are 25% effective and have an arm long list of side effects (sometimes including death).

isn't this a point in prop 19? along with unlimited taxation...

D

DoobyScoo

:fighting0087: :character0095:

As a Canadian, I was under the impression that federal government couldn't compel states to effect laws. It seems there are a few amendments being ass raped there.

Kinda like Harper can't compel the 'Provinces' to uphold your 'Federal Laws' or 'acquiesce' to 'extraordinary rendition' ?!?

Yeah, sure, I'll move to Cannada.
"What's a 'Candy Striper'?"
"All I said was Canadian beer sucks"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_5w_35Y6ns&feature=related

green punk

green punk

At least our Attorney General is standing up to this.

Read:

Bullock addresses ATF memo regarding medical marijuana users

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 1:00 PM by Marnee Banks (KXLH Helena)

HELENA- Attorney General Steve Bullock is asking the U.S. Department of Justice not to pursue any criminal prosecutions against Montanans who might be threatened by a recent letter written by the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

ATF sent a letter to its Federal Firearm Licensees telling them not to sell guns to people using marijuana. The letter was sent as clarification to already existing federal law.

In a letter dated October 3, 2011 Bullock writes, "In less than a month, the rifle hunting season opens in Montana... Sporting goods stores through the state have been, and will be selling ammunition and guns to those who will be hunting in our great outdoors. Included among those buying ammunition and guns are Montana citizens who may also hold a registry card that allows them to use marijuana for medicinal purposes."

Bullock goes on to write the ATF letter implicates serious legal issues under the Second Amendment. "In addition, the letter raises serious policy and practical concerns," Bullock writes.

"I am willing and prepared to work constructively with your staff on exploring a reasonable solution to the problems created by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives letter," Bullock says.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

This just makes me wanna see my rifle. Anyone know how i can do this legally? Id rather have some extra cash than my rifle when shit comes down to it...

cannabeans

cannabeans

guns, ammo, food, water, and cannabis

these will be the true commodities when the governments fail, and "they" know this.....paper money and precious metals are a false sense of security! these are the control mechanisms that they have been using against the human populatation for as long as i have been around, and even longer.

"the powers that be" have been trying to strip us of our second amendment rights, since the day of its conception. its much easier to "control" a populatation when they are unarmed! "medical marijuana" is becoming more "mainstream" and society is starting to open their eyes to the lies that our "big government" has been telling us. this is just another loose brick in the wall, and this new memo is just more "mortar" trying to fix that wall.
when the rest of the people wake up, and start to understand our adversary, then and only then will we have true change for the better!

we all must start on a local level and move our way up! we must remove the "career politicians", who are only there to "serve" the special interest group or groups that have gotten them "elected".

"be the change you want to see in the world".....ghandi

greenjoe

greenjoe

Yep, it states that any cannabis user cannot legally own a firearm.

Canada anyone?

-TF

we have our own problems....namely our "leader"....Steven Harper( our leader) is going to pass a law that now says if you have 6 plants..you now will get 6 months.....Talk about a government going backwards...

Top Bottom