(Athena Nutrients) Adding CalMag after lowering Core/Nitrogen?

• Thread starter hungrypanda8832
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hungrypanda8832

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but I've seen people add CalMag to their Athena Pro Line around week 5ish when they start lowering Core or when they take it out completely. Core is Nitrogen. I was wondering does supplementing CalMag when you lower Core help the plant with deficiencies or is it necessary to do so?

O

OjoRowJo

Why chemicals
OrgaHydro
Render your own organic hydro solution, just sayin cuz if your the big grower that distributes your product to my dispo I'd be fucked all this in my cannabis would kill me fuck flushing the soil flush it down the toilet, suggestions
Organic you won't kill your patients if you do

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but I've seen people add CalMag to their Athena Pro Line around week 5ish when they start lowering Core or when they take it out completely. Core is Nitrogen. I was wondering does supplementing CalMag when you lower Core help the plant with deficiencies or is it necessary to do so?

I don't run Athena but from the guys I know that do they don't drop core at week 5 and I believe core also has the micro's in it, so dropping it would be a mistake, Athene runs a particular ratio blend so if you start screwing with it to much your going to do more harm then good. I'd still follow their feed chart reasonably close and cut back on core week 7 and 8 as stated.

Athena runs heavy K and light on N Ca and Mg, I could possibly see adding a little Ca and Mg preferrably independently with the core as is in feed chart, but like I said I don't run athena and I haven't personally tried that.

Also ignore what OjoRowJo said, lack of knowledge and ignorance usually leads to the dumbest post of the day

Last edited:
H

hungrypanda8832

I don't run Athena but from the guys I know that do they don't drop core at week 5 and I believe core also has the micro's in it, so dropping it would be a mistake, Athene runs a particular ratio blend so if you start screwing with it to much your going to do more harm then good. I'd still follow their feed chart reasonably close and cut back on core week 7 and 8 as stated.

Athena runs heavy K and light on N Ca and Mg, I could possibly see adding a little Ca and Mg preferrably independently with the core as is in feed chart, but like I said I don't run athena and I haven't personally tried that.

Also ignore what OjoRowJo said, lack of knowledge and ignorance usually leads to the dumbest post of the day
Thanks for your input. Will look into this more, but bumping to see if anyone else has experience doing this or if they know guys that do this.

Top Bottom