Attic grow help needed.

• Thread starter rezz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rezz

Hey guys, I was wondering about my new grow room plan. The space i have available is rather strange, its an attic. I'm not sure how you all feel about this. But hey it's what i have. Now my plan isn't to get too big, not too many plants. I'd like to keep a steady flow comming in, for consumption =] Now my questions are as follows:

1. Where should i buy my mats. from? lighting, Air-Circulation, Auto-water system.. and so on.

2. Will the temp. be a problem in an attic? As the temp. does fluxuate in attics/ I would like to know, if possible, how to stabilize that problem.

3. How many plants should i start with to attain my goal of, maybe, 2-4 mothers that i can clone off?

Thank you for reading, and feel free to let your ideas fly. =]

Rezz

hubcap

hubcap

1. mats? explain.
check out:
-www.discount-hydro.com
-www.htgsupply.com

2. yes. imo, the worst place in a house to grow. 'specially in warmer months. insulation or not.
3. 2-4 female plants gives you 2-4 plants to take mothers off of.

leadplant

leadplant

Think twice about attics, very hard to control temps.
Crawlspaces or basements are way better and stealthy too.

R

rezz

Yeah i can see why the attic is the worst place, but honestly guys thats all i got. i just want to know what i can do to improve on my shit condidtions lol. and mats. are my way of saying materials, sorry for the confusion.

D

Dr Herbal

if you can afford it air con that would be the only way id grow in attic did 1 grow with 1 250w hps the temp was a joke and this wasnt even the summer months iam amazed they lived to be honest. if you only want to grow a little persi why not use a corner of a room

R

rezz

well it's going to be me and a friend and he has a lakehouse that we chill at alot, and we have an attic there.. we have people over alot so we cant just use the base floor and theres no basement unfortunately.. so all we have is the attic, but there has to be a way we can suffice? any ideas on that?

T

Time

I've seen an attic grow or two in my Time. Wile I do not recommend hydro in the attic, you can install a little sheetrock, plywood floors, some insulation, install an A/C (or heater depending on where you live) and you're in business.

Here is a pic of an attic before it was converted to a GR. I'll have to see if I can get some more pictures for you. If you're out west (united states) you won't find many basements so other than a garage outdoor shed or room within the home, the attic may be your only other option.

IMG 1152
N

Nuglover

If it's your only choice insulate well and only run lights at night . If it has a window,stick a window unit in even if you've got central h/a...you'll need it. It's probably the worst place to grow, but if you plan well it can be done.

R

rezz

ok, seeing as im new to the concept of growing, explain to me how lights at night would work...

hubcap

hubcap

well it's going to be me and a friend and he has a lakehouse that we chill at alot, and we have an attic there.. we have people over alot so we cant just use the base floor and theres no basement unfortunately.. so all we have is the attic, but there has to be a way we can suffice? any ideas on that?

air conditioning
and dehumidification

good air flow and exhaust

R

rezz

how much will the a/c cost to run and how often should i run it? because i have a friend that ironicly sells portable a/c's lol

G

grizz

thats cause its cooler to run your lights at night. insulate heavy, put pond liner down. refrigeration or heat, I would run cool tubes if your planning on growing in the summer. if winter only scratch the cool tubes.

R

rezz

yeah well once we get this up and running, id like to keep it running.. you know what im saying i presume.

J

Jalisco Kid

My third double post and I'm not even smoking now. JK

I would pick a really durable plant for your first run, don't try an ogk for sure.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have been installing my air handler in a well insulated attic and its over 95. I would not try it unless you have at least 7k btu's per 1000w light. Forget hydro,but with your questions I would forget hydro in a basement in Alaska. You need to read more,These guys have been real kind to you. You want to do something I wouldn't want to try myself. But that's how you learn. Suerte JK

D

drpressure600

. . attic grows . .

. . these are some pics of some grows i've done in my friends attic, have a look amigo . .

IMG 0703
IMG 0735
IMG 0767
IMG 0766
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Keep these attics pics coming, i plan to da an attic grow in the summer and would also like as much info and pics as possible, thanks for everyones input! :)

G81

T

todgerdelburro

I have not uploaded any of my [precious few] attic piccies, but I grew in lofts for years in the UK.

My last garden was 3x 1000W HPS covering 4M2 in a small area, with no airconditioning or heat problems.

Firstly you need to make an "Igloo" of polystyrene, a subtle route for air in and a 6" hole in your chimney to exhaust [Victorian or 1930's Semi Det all have them]

Air cooled lights are pretty much a must, you do not have to have them in glass tubes, I used hoods with 4" duct flanges and they worked just fine.

Plumb in your water feed AND a drain as well as a new, over spec electric ring and.... most importantly of all....... WATERPROOF IT... you will have leaks....

R

rezz

This grow seems like it'll be slot of work... Hopefully ill figure out my plan soon.. Thanks for the comments guy :)

Top Bottom