• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

I was looking @ this nikon d3000 what do u guys think
or the Nikon - 10.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black

L

Loudblunts

500 bucks can get you an upgrade from the nikon d3k to its bigger brother: nikon d5000

you should check out canon as well

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have always had good luck with both the Cannon and Nikon. Both of those cameras will be good. I think a good macro lense might be good though. Maybe fit a 105mm Macro lense on that bad boy. Then it will be set to take some amazing shots. A 60mm would be a lot cheaper lense but you would need to be very close to the object to get the picture. It can make it harder to get focused too. With the 105mm you can get a nice clear focus on the whole picture and not have to have the camera stuck in the object...sticky bud...to get it.

Just thinking what I would do...Good Luck and I'll be looking to see what you decide on.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i just picked up the d5000 and i think it takes great shots right out the box. im saving for a 105 mm macro lens soon. i think its more in the 600$ price range tho. if your not gonna get into photography so much and just want to snap some good shots of your plants here and there you may want to consider a good point and shoot camera in the 300-500 price range.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, that damn lense is around $500. A little micro camera from aqualab and a cheap point and shoot might be just as good.

Venom818

Venom818

do u guys think it would be better to get the camera and the lens separate i dont know to much about cameras but i love the shots that ocan takes ,subcool,and zoo come to mind right know

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, I just got a package deal on the Nikon D5000 w/ 2 lenses, and fukin' love it. Waiting on a micro lens.. It's perfect for what I need and couldn't ask for anything else right now. I really dig the lcd screen and its abilities. I was goin' to get a Canon D50 but the price was just too good.. Plus, it's all about the lens anyways.. Camera bodies come and go, but a lens will last many many years..

I also picked up a Canon Powershot SD1400, 14.1 mp and it has a really nice macro setting on it already. After a few trial runs you can take some decent macros with it.. However, my nikon takes amazing pics right out of the box man.. Nikon my vote.. :anim_19:

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
The package deal was $623+, but Best Buy had all kinds of deals and packages for the Nikon. I needed a long range telephoto lens and for few extra $, it was a great deal.. It came with it's regular lens and that 50-200? telephoto lens. I would only get a Nikon or a Canon..

If looking for a point and shot, man that Canon I got is clean as hell.. 14 mp and an awesome macro setting.. Here are a few pics I first took w/ it on this link of chemdog99..

Venom818

Venom818

nice thnx bro

which 105 lens is the one u guys recommend there's a
18-105 mm and a 105 mm thnx guys

Venom818

Venom818

Nikon D90 pancho. :rofl

gracias, the d5000 is the poormans d90 according to some reviews i was reading plus im broke LOL but it is a nice cam, the lens i want is like 500 ouch ill take lube please

ANY FARMERS KNOW IF THIS SITE IS LEGIT

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Hay bro if u want a good camera that dont caust alot, and takes excellent pics & video then get the one I got it dose everything all them big high dollar cams do, I have a cannon eos rebel and my little 250 dollar cam takes better pics and its easier to use, and dose the white balance automatically to its so easy to use and its nice and small u can put it in ur pocket, I like it way better thin my big bulky cannon eos, got mine at walmart for $230.....GM

DSC02185
DSC02186
Venom818

Venom818

Hay bro if u want a good camera that dont caust alot, and takes excellent pics & video then get the one I got it dose everything all them big high dollar cams do, I have a cannon eos rebel and my little 250 dollar cam takes better pics and its easier to use, and dose the white balance automatically to its so easy to use and its nice and small u can put it in ur pocket, I like it way better thin my big bulky cannon eos, got mine at walmart for $230.....GM

is this the camera u used to take all those pics u just posted up bro.thnx

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

is this the camera u used to take all those pics u just posted up bro.thnx

Yes sir it is, it takes just as good as pics as them big ass high dollar ones, I have both and Id rather use this one........GM

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i cant find it right now but i had seen some amazing shots with an olympus point and shoot it cost like 250-300 depending were you get it. but the dude has shots up on flicker i cant remeber what i searched to find it. the water drop shots of dew on a leaf in the morning you can see the flower behind it in the water drop so clear.

Top Bottom