Aussie winter grow 2019

• Thread starter Yz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yz420

Yz420

Hey guys im in nsw australia its the middle of winter and im cranking a few ladies out.

I used to keep online grow journals on other sites in my earlier days of growing but have lost interest in doing so over the years, so am back at it and want to keep a journal.

Abit of info i grow my own strains and started breeding stock 5 years ago when i crossed subcools timewreck to a pure sativa landrace thai.."white thai" i named them as to this day, am yet to see any strain pack crystals on buds leaves stems and stalks like the timewreck.

From those seeds i focused on keeping the timewreck pheno for future crosses(timewreck is a cross of vortex and bloodwreck - very potent sativa) so the best female and males where chosen to back cross making them f2's then imbred them again to f3 and possibly even one more generation after that, each time using the most vigourous male to cross to the most vigourous and most crystallized females. 90% of the plants come out identical to each other, leaf pattern, overall structure and stretch and the same flowers, density, resin production and smell. All true to the original timewreck, but with the thai genetics in the line makes it almost 100% mould resistant and an exceptional all round outdoor strain which sits around 80% sativa.

So now i have the white thais i started buying new strains and crossing them.

Fruit punch
Holy grail kush
Tangie
The doctor

I got a selected clone of the strain fruit punch through a friend, and crossed a smashed orange male to the FP creating "smashed fruit"

December 2019 i started 12 more strains all from attitude, lemon og kush, cookies kush, darkstar, lemon cheese along with the recent smashed fruit just to name a few.

Out of the 12 strains my smashed oranges where the most vigourous growing. I put this down to the white thai parent being adapted to outdoor conditions.

I crossed a smashed fruit male to a few plants, too many to name but i will go into detail on a few.

Darkstar - i grew 1 seed she was very vigourous, huge spanning leaves 50/50 hybrid.. very nice plant lovely lighter shade of green. Flowers are fully indica/kush. If you told me to guess what strain it was id guess "something og kush?" Has thst real chunky calyx trait goin. Great crystal production, the smell is fruity and sweet, hints of lemon through it.. a real delight.

Darkstar x smashed fruit male creating "fakiha" which is arabic for "two fruits" darkstars origins are afghani, a cross of purple kush x mazar-sharif.

Cookies kush - up there with the best of the best og kushs. Shes shorter then others, minimal stretch, thick dense stinky buds packed with crystals.. possibly the whitest strain ive seen in person. 40 yr vets say theyve never seen anything like it "its too strong"

Lemon og kush - bit finicky at first, easily prone to stress. She picked up vigour eventually, out of 12 strains and 23 plants she was the tallest-most stretched..Very strong lemon smell, abit soury. Very very appealing! Pure head high.. you could even say it was electric ⚡Absolute treat to smoke, lemon strains tend to be what i like most 😜🤓

Other strains i grew -
Francos lemon cheese(smelt bit cheesy once dry)
Afghan kush(wos-terrible weak heaps of leaf)
Strawberry daiquri(more lemony then anything and too leafy)
White thai
Smashed orange
Smashed fruit

Currently got a few fakihas a month into veg under the 600, along with 2 qwerkles and 2 wrecked og. They are just getting some size before i put them out to flower in the next week or so.

Once they go out ill put 16 electric lemon clones all in 200 mm pots into the tent, look to veg a week or two then switch lights to 10/14.

This is an interesting point i wanna talk about too. The reason ill tart at 10/14 is sativas generally take longer to start flowering from personal experience. By giving them longgg nights this ensures they kick into gear quickly.. when i grew the lemon og kush (parent of EL) out she took 4 weeks to start to flower from the moment i switched.. all plants where 2 months mature so beaware.. this goes for many sativas as ive heard nevilles haze "the original haze" is recommended at 10/14 light schedule and this makes complete sense to me.

So currently 4 bubblegum kush(200mm pots) all 4 weeks flower, 2 other BK (300mm) just starting, couple of electric lemons(200mm)at 2 weeks flower, along with 2 more (300mm) that are only just starting flower now. 1 mango pheno electric lemon, 1 critical kush, Hawaiian snow, 4 white thai all in 200s.

Sorry for the long post its for my own records ! 😅🤣👨‍💻👨‍💻

First pics are the bubblegum kush.

Aussie winter grow 2019
Aussie winter grow 2019 2
Aussie winter grow 2019 3
Aussie winter grow 2019 4
Aussie winter grow 2019 5
Yz420

Yz420

I abit of info left out from the first post

December 2017 i grew out -

Fruit punch
Holy grail kush
Tangie
The doctor..(didnt rate it)

My next cross was smashed orange(white thai x tangie) orange phenos mostly came through. Overall im not a huge fan of tangies taste, reminds me of biting into a mandarin to peel the skin back and you get that raw tangy zesty flavor.. actually one of my least fav smoke the tangie, but can appreciate it as a novelty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom