For Sale Authentic Genetics 30% Discount Available!

• Thread starter agseedco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Are these feminized seeds? Looking for my next grow currently good looking for genetics for sure

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You are totally correct.

Skunk No.1 is one of the only varieties that have grown that is uniform and consistent and stable generation after generation.

I asked Skunkman Sam how he did it when he bred it and he was extremely humble in his response; he told me that he didn't do it, nature did.

What he did was to cross his original Skunk plant of Afghan/Colombian with everything in his collection and then to test the prodigy by growing them out and breeding them together many times.

When Skunkman Sam found (through many cycles of testing) that the Afghan/Colombian crossed with his Acapulco Gold created the genetic magic he was looking for, that plant became Skunk No.1.

Please keep in mind that in the early 70's when Sam first moved to Santa Cruz (after spending over a year on the Hippie Trail with his then girlfriend/now wife of 50 years, collecting seeds and even living in India), that people were not growing from clone. Growers were using seeds from import weed and the results were hit or miss.

Original Haze, which was bred in 1969 by his neighbor G, is not uniform or consistent at all, from all reports it was outcrossed with something else almost every year after its initial inception. Original Haze was so unique to Sam that he intentionally kept the Original Haze line as an IBL since he first got the seeds in the early 70's. But the fact that Original Haze does not reproduce consistently or uniformly is awesome because it is a wonderful variety to pheno-hunt through, because of the diversity found in the variety.

Sam told me that his goal with Skunk. No.1 was to make seeds that would be true breeding so that people would not have to buy more seeds if they made seeds from the seeds that they got from him. Please keep in mind that he was eating a lot of acid and had a hippie's view of capitalism.

Read this article that he wrote back in 1979 for an LSD magazine called "Blotter", his neighbor was a psychedelic publisher who went on to author and publish the Psychedelic Encyclopedia:

The pen name Skunkman Sam used on that article was his tripping nickname of "Jingles" spelled backwards to "Selgnij". The level of sophistication Sam showed in regards to breeding in that article is outstanding, especially considering it was written 42 years ago when he was in his late 20's.

He succeeded to make a true breeding variety with Skunk No.1, which is why it became one of the most used varieties crossed with everything, and why if you do DNA testing of most all bud around, you will see his Skunk No.1 genetics in almost all modern cannabis hybrids.

The Skunk No.1 seeds that I am offering I made from seeds grown in 1996 by Mel Frank, after Mel got the seeds in 1988 directly from Sam. They are an open pollination IBL grown in a greenhouse organically and the seeds/plants are very consistent in quality and uniformity.

Technically the Skunk No.1 seeds I am offering have only been reproduced twice since Mel Frank got them in 1988; once in 1996 and then I used those 1996 seeds in 2020 to make the Skunk No.1 seeds offered on my site.

On a side note, I also got Skunk #1 seeds directly from Sam in 2012 at the same time I got the Original Haze and the Skunk No.1 seeds/plants were very consistent compared to the 1996 and 2010 seeds/plants of Skunk No.1 that I got and grew from Mel Frank.

Happy 2021 Everyone!
Todd
Im not tryin to troll on your thread but just had to state that mycrene causes cancer....has mycrene always been found in cannabis, even back in the early days when you guys were having more fun than we are today? Is it true that strains today produce more mycrene then 20, 30, 40 years ago? If so, is this because of feminization and polyhybridisation?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I have skunk 1 seedlings and (Nevil's haze x Original haze) x Original Haze in early flower now. I can already see the skunks are jumpy and vigorous, a bit like the Panamanian from Ace next to them. Every seed looks perfect and 100% germ so far.

Btw that is what "ON Haze" is. He had a keeper Nevil's haze he bred with original Haze and then used for a lot of breeding.
Well post a bunch of pics! Id love to see'em

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I have skunk 1 seedlings and (Nevil's haze x Original haze) x Original Haze in early flower now. I can already see the skunks are jumpy and vigorous, a bit like the Panamanian from Ace next to them. Every seed looks perfect and 100% germ so far.

Btw that is what "ON Haze" is. He had a keeper Nevil's haze he bred with original Haze and then used for a lot of breeding.
[/QUOTE very nice

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Im not tryin to troll on your thread but just had to state that mycrene causes cancer....has mycrene always been found in cannabis, even back in the early days when you guys were having more fun than we are today? Is it true that strains today produce more mycrene then 20, 30, 40 years ago? If so, is this because of feminization and polyhybridisation?
Don't you know man... Everything causes cancer. Life causes cancer. Were under full blown cancer assault every day LOL! 😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With a quick search i found that california added beta-myrcene which is synthetically made to the possible causes of cancer list. But in our plant it is a natural mono-terpene.

Details are important. ;-)

agseedco

agseedco

Supporter

Good afternoon,

Myrcene was always the dominant terpene in Skunk #1 going back to the 70s when it was first bred by Skunkman Sam.

I would not say that terpene levels have gone up in cannabis in the past 50 or so years that we have been breeding it here in the United States, what I would say is that we have started to find high terpene examples and both preserved and propagated them.

There are six dominant terpenes found in cannabis:
Myrcene
a Pinene
Limonene
B Caryophyllene
Terpinolene
Ocimene

Sc Labs has a great page devoted to terpene infomation:

Enjoy!

sudshead

sudshead

todd -- it would be really neat if you would post a picture of each of your strains that you think is the pheno we should be looking for. eg. here is what a skunk#1 bud and leaf should look like, etc. My thought is a blue dream should have thin leaves and your haze cross with your blue dream should also have thin leaves. If i dont get that when I grow your blue dream/haze cross - I may try and pollinate woth your haze male that I am growing (assuming it has the thin leaves. Thoughts?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Any update on this part :-)

"the primary colors of cannabis" (Afghan #1, Skunk #1, Original Haze, Northern Lights, and RKS) and make them available to the new generation of growers

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Any update on this part :-)

"the primary colors of cannabis" (Afghan #1, Skunk #1, Original Haze, Northern Lights, and RKS) and make them available to the new generation of growers
Skunk, haze, and rks have gone out. NL will go out some time in April. Afghan tbd.

Here is a skunk girl I have going. Some time in week six. She smells sweet and really gross. Idk about skunk but it's definitely an acrid funk at minimum!

IMG 20210306 105235725 HDR
IMG 20210306 105030181 HDR