auto ak47 seed run

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

I've got some auto AK47's on their way (many thanks to Logic) and had a couple questions...

I want to do a seed run first to assure my supply of these seeds. I am guessing they are just like all the other strains and will just "do their thing" if I leave the males to harrass the females in the same room...
anyone else ever do a seed run of these?

also....I've heard that the germination rate of fresh seeds is pretty low. Really fresh seeds I mean, like a week or two old.

Does anyone know of any hints or tricks to raise the percentage of viable seeds?
I'm not talking about percentages of female to males...just want to make sure if I spend the time to do a seed run that the result will be viable seeds and not just a waste of time and space.

Ultimately these will all be for outdoor in early season to get a crop off before I put in some heavy duty plants.

thanks all

P

ProGroWannabe

Do a little research in the Breeders Lab and see how others are doing it.

Lets just say you end up with six females and 3 males (one may die...who knows). If you allow an open pollenation (all males allowed to breed openly with all females) your gonna end up with a thousand or two seeds, maybe more---all depends on how big the females are when they recieve the pollen.

If it were me, and admittedly, it's not me, lol....I'd pick my best two females and my best two males, and just allow an open pollenation on those two. TRUST ME, you'll have more seeds than you think you will.

S

satty

Im not up to par with the A.F. Ak 47s but i am growing out some S.N.L.s "Sweet and Low"
its S.T.X Lowryder and is friggin awesome for A.F.s.
Right now i have 12days left on them and they stink like cat piss with crystals all over bud leaf
and the buds are going blue, im finishing them
off under M.H. as i started another grow of more importance " Mango " the real deal.
I will do a smoke report on the S.N.L.s and im looking forward to it, there sticky!
:music

budboy299

budboy299

Very good advice ProGrow, and one I am gonna definitely abide by! I will do exactly what you are suggesting and do 2 Fems and 2 males (best ones if I have them) and seed them up.
I have looked all over but can't seem to find out about how long you have to wait before planting the newly created seeds. Seems to be some who say fresh is best and others that say they have to dry out for a while.

Satty the snl does sound intriguing. What does the S.T. stand for within the 2 crosses?

thanks guys....grow diary once I am up and running with these.

P

ProGroWannabe

I personally don't worry too much about seeds being fresh or dried...especially seeds that I make. I believe those that suggest a drying period, usually dry for 30-60 days though.

M

mr. revolution

ive had seeds fall off plants and start growing in the same pot. dont get no fresher than that

N

northernbudz

hey

in my short experience, i have found that if your fresh seeds dont pop in 18-24 hours, grab the seed inbetween your thumb and index finger and give it a squeeze....you should hear a crack if you did it correctly, dont open the seed all the way, the young plant should spit out a taproot soon enough. thats what i do with my own fresh or unscuffed seeds.

D

drpressure600

. . gud choice . .

. . are you putting up pics, & if so what do you expect to get off each plant in regards weight, i heard there only just over 7 grams . .

P

phoenix

thats exactly what u will get if u do a lr2 or lowryder in a small pot.
If u dont restrict the rootspace with the lows your yields could be up to 1oz.
The ak should def bulk up the yeild here.

christ,ya get can get less than 7 g's with auto's.

edit:check out pg49 from this issue of softsecrets.

budboy299

budboy299

definitely post pics when I get them! Seeds sould be here any day now. Thanks to the MAN----> Logic!
I am first doing the seed run but then I will be doing a perpetual harvest for 3 cycles.
5 weeks indoors then 5 weeks outside. As the first ones go outside...the cycle begins again with another batch inside. Final batch for outside though will be a proper strain that yeilds a way better stone and better amount.
For yeild off the AK47 x LR I am hoping for anything between 15 and 30 grams.
who knows though...they may yeild 1 gram or 2 oz...only time will tell

budboy299

budboy299

Here is a couple AK47 x LR pics off the net.
Both had 1000watt lights and ample root zone area and tons of love.

Hopefully the parents of the girls in the pics won't mind if I use their pics of examples or what "could" be optimally acheived with the right conditions for this strain.

If I get 1/4 of what they did I will be very pleased with the results. Always remember this is just a time filler strain for outdoors for me till it gets closer till the right budding light in the fall.

9 21 08 Update pics 3 plants 016
budboy299

budboy299

actually sorry all but the first pic is the lowryder 2. The second is AK47 x LR

either is beautiful though....but the AK is supposed to be a relatively decent smoke. Nothing earth shattering but still better than the bag schwag thats is always around during the lean times

F

FastForward

I've got an LR2 going atm....I still really rate the taste and buzz. Good luck with the seed run - it's the only way to go if AFs are your thing imho.

budboy299

budboy299

really "rate" the taste and buzz.... did you mean hate the taste and buzz?
I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks though FF, I would like to know more about them.

I don't think the auto's will ever be my thing...I do like my really good bud. But they do have a place for me. Mainly something to time fill in the early to mid summer. Last year I planted in mid-may and by harvest the one plant was over 9 feet tall. Off two plants I yeilded just shy of 5 lbs. Sounds great but man a few times the choppers came flying straight at my site, only to veer off at the last second. Scared the sh_t out of me!
So this year I will plant auto's for multiple harvest and then the regular stuff about 2 weeks or so before they would trigger to bud. My blood pressure and heart can't take the scares of things like that. Stay safe

budboy299

budboy299

seeds came today. No pics yet as there is really nothing exciting about looking at rapid rooters. I threw them straight into the RRs with a slight topping of coco/vermiculite to sheid them a bit from drying out.

can't wait! I think I will call the day they germinate, day 1 and then I will post in the diary section.

budboy299

budboy299

today 15 out of 20 popped their heads up. First time using rapid rooters and I love them!
humidity dome was kept at 75 degrees.

Once they look like something I will take a pic

F

FastForward

really "rate" the taste and buzz.... did you mean hate the taste and buzz?
I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks though FF, I would like to know more about them.

No no...I really did mean 'rate' not 'hate' - i.e. they're good/underrated imho! Even now I've got a single LR2 going @ day 56 and she's the 2nd best smelling thing I've had yet (next to the TW). The few people that got a taster of it all were really impressed by the smoke and buzz too. It has to be something to do with the Williams Wonder or Santa Marta (Maria?) genetics in there that I'm loving....one day I'll work out what it is that I like so much about them and grow out the source genes....but all in all I reckon LR2s aren't the ditchweed that many think....

Top Bottom