Auto Breeding and the occasional photoperiod offspring

• Thread starter hotrod717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotrod717

hotrod717

As title says. Auto Breeding Photos.
Not all auto breeding produces autos. As there are photoperiod and ruderalis genetics involved, all crosses with auto will not always produce auto flower plants. I haven't seen much discussion on this and have two specimens now that do not appear to flower automatically even though parents are autoflower.
Dutch Passion White Widow auto x Stitches Love Potion auto and also Dutch Passion Orange Critical auto x
Dinafem Mobydick auto.
I would say at this point would represent around 5% of crosses I have made with autos that did not flower automatically.
This is the only cross of Mobydick auto out of six that did not auto
and one of five with the LP that did not produce auto offspring.
Curious about other peoples experience in this area.
I will be attempting to flip or self the WW x Stitch for curiosity sake and try to use the pollen also to cross with a couple other plants to see the outcome.

budgie

budgie

As title says. Auto Breeding Photos.
Not all auto breeding produces autos. As there are photoperiod and ruderalis genetics involved, all crosses with auto will not always produce auto flower plants. I haven't seen much discussion on this and have two specimens now that do not appear to flower automatically even though parents are autoflower.
Dutch Passion White Widow auto x Stitches Love Potion auto and also Dutch Passion Orange Critical auto x
Dinafem Mobydick auto.
I would say at this point would represent around 5% of crosses I have made with autos that did not flower automatically.
This is the only cross of Mobydick auto out of six that did not auto
and one of five with the LP that did not produce auto offspring.
Curious about other peoples experience in this area.
I will be attempting to flip or self the WW x Stitch for curiosity sake and try to use the pollen also to cross with a couple other plants to see the outcome.
I’ve made plenty of autos strains seeds have always been autos not one photo plant

socks4free

socks4free

The seeds I'm growing are producing auto and photo phenotypes. but that is mostly because it is only f2 off of a auto x photo cross. When we did that we had some expectations from reading online about how it should be all photos the first generation and then some autos the next generation. We thought if we could then get two autos and breed those it should be 100% auto based on the dominant recessive gene theory. But we found it closer to 50/50 for the f1s and the f2s seem to be closer to 75/25 a/p.

Because it came out with so many autos I can only imagine the original photoperiod we used had a autoflower parent.

hotrod717

hotrod717

The seeds I'm growing are producing auto and photo phenotypes. but that is mostly because it is only f2 off of a auto x photo cross. When we did that we had some expectations from reading online about how it should be all photos the first generation and then some autos the next generation. We thought if we could then get two autos and breed those it should be 100% auto based on the dominant recessive gene theory. But we found it closer to 50/50 for the f1s and the f2s seem to be closer to 75/25 a/p.

Because it came out with so many autos I can only imagine the original photoperiod we used had a autoflower parent.
Good info. I've seen various influences. Some of the offspring need a little less light and will fully transition and others will go full auto or need a 12/12 to fully engage in flower. I guess the further along the breeding the more developed autos will be.

socks4free

socks4free

We've been growing these outdoors and it definitely seems like we get all 3 of those because most of these seem to veg alot longer than traditional autos but flower wayy earlier than photos do.

hotrod717

hotrod717

I moved these plants outdoors and are flowering in a traditional photo sense.
I have others that went to flower like any other auto. I would say that this is recessive and less dominant though.
Green House White Widow Auto x Stitches Love Potion Auto. Ibwould think this is along the Widow line as other crosses to LP have all been auto.

Twenty20

Twenty20

Supporter
It's extremely rare for an auto bred with an auto to be a photo. This is only true past the 3rd generation. The first generation (auto x photo) is always a photo. 2nd Generation will produce between 10-50% autos. The 3rd generation should be 100% autos but occasionally there will be an outlier. Beyod that you are definitely at 100% auto.

Top Bottom