Auto fizzle

• Thread starter GDub51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDub51

GDub51

An experienced grower facing my first auto's season; Sprout, no problem, pops up out of soil, then stalls & dies. Never gets to true leaves, it just stalls and dies. Two suppliers. Seedlings placed in Mondi propagator on a seedling heat mat in mix of Foxfarm/Bu's Blend and perlite 33% each left in a shady spot till true leaves appear then progressively more direct sun. Under the misted dome at night, opened for breeze during day. Works fine for my photo period plants. Best auto was 16" tall at harvest BFD! What can be shocking them to death? (So. Cal.) so temps should be fine, especially with the heat mat keeping soil temp up at night. Checked and adjusted several times a day for moisture/temp/exposure. Two of twenty made it to harvest and then hardly worth it. Does that putting seed directly into final container at sprout really work? I'm afraid I'm shocking them at transplant. These seem SO finicky and weak. I think combo of weak seeds and something else???? Never wasted so much time growing before for such a little result. Only done to help bolster a season delayed by weak poor photo period seeds of which only one in ten made it to harvest (though it's a beauty). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Does the outdoor sprout really work?? I typically get better than 85% from seed to harvest on my photo's. What is shocking these to death or are they just bad weak seeds?

Top Bottom