Auto flowering much too early

• Thread starter NorCalGal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Help! This is my first season growing auto flower. I've got 4 plants (seeds started 4/1) that appear to be going into flower. The other plants, which are photo-period seem ok. I've been moving them around chasing sunlight, but I don't understand why the autos would do this. I had come out to look them contemplating my first pruning. Can I prune this problem away?
20210516_130456-jpg.1125042

Auto flowering much too early
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I wouldn't cut it, autoflowers start flowering when the roots hit the side of the pot.

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

I wouldn't cut it, autoflowers start flowering when the roots hit the side of the pot.
That's new info! I always thought Auto's were strictly time based. Had I known, I would have potted them in much larger pots right away rather than my usual sequence of multiple up-pottings. These gals don't even stand a foot tall. If I do nothing, that's pretty much going to be my yield- nothing. Is there nothing I can do?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I tell people over & over, autoflowers are not photoperid plants nor are they run the same, autoflowers like blue light full spec has red and ir in it and can make your autos go into flower prematurely, why would you get less yield outdoors? Bc the sun is full spec and some strains flower early and or dwarf out, once your auto is ready to be flowerd you switch the spec from blue to full red / bloom, late in the veg stage you can flip to full spec to help the plant flower but growth will slow considerably autos are mostly ment to be grown indoors, this does not matter with photoperid plants bc you cut the cycle to induce flowering or rather the days shorten induceing flowering you are outdoors so the strains your running are going into flower bc the sun has red and ir in it. so your yield will be smaller but you can allso run multiple grows this summer and that is why your autos are flowering early..

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, most of my auto's start anywhere between day 21 to day 25 or so, others might go as long as 30 days....
This one started last week, and I think it might have gone 25 days or so, it's almost a week out. Your just behind on the growth curve.

Yours will develop into a smaller sized candelabra, or Christmas tree looking plant. Don't remove anything, just let her grow.

IMG 20210516 180627245
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's another example, this plants under 40 days old. Maybe even a week under that. It's only been flowering a little over a week or so.

IMG 20210516 181112500
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Here's another example, this plants under 40 days old. Maybe even a week under that. It's only been flowering a little over a week or so.
you doing any type of training or just letting them go

freezeland2

freezeland2

I tell people over & over, autoflowers are not photoperid plants nor are they run the same, autoflowers like blue light full spec has red and ir in it and can make your autos go into flower prematurely, why would you get less yield outdoors? Bc the sun is full spec and some strains flower early and or dwarf out, once your auto is ready to be flowerd you switch the spec from blue to full red / bloom, late in the veg stage you can flip to full spec to help the plant flower but growth will slow considerably autos are mostly ment to be grown indoors, this does not matter with photoperid plants bc you cut the cycle to induce flowering or rather the days shorten induceing flowering you are outdoors so the strains your running are going into flower bc the sun has red and ir in it. so your yield will be smaller but you can allso run multiple grows this summer and that is why your autos are flowering early..

Don’t see where the OP stated he is growing outdoors or indoors using a full spec light. 4 - 5 weeks is normal for an auto to start it’s flowering.

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

You started the seeds April 1st. That’s over 6 weeks ago. They are not flowering early. 4 - 5 weeks to start flowering is normal for an auto.
I should have done more/better research. I thought autos started flowering at 8 weeks and was completely unaware that up-potting is not recommended for autos.

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Thanks. You can just call me Jon Snow-clearly I know nothing about Autos.

Top Bottom