Auto Flowers

• Thread starter DML
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DML

Want to know about Auto flowers , Mine are in the flower sage giving them nutrieunts and they are starting to branch out when and should i start pulling the shade leaves ?

S

sebas92

Hello good Morning!!
I am a newbie with planting autoflowering seeds, you could help me, and bought 2 purple kush auto on this website, is this variety good? You could advise me some good autoflowering varieties, thank you, best regards!

Dunge

Dunge

Why, oh why are people growing auto flower seeds?

If you are growing them outside, and don't have the season to run a photo plant, then I can understand.

Photo period plants are much easier to grow.
Veg them to where you like, and flower them when you like.

Buy photo period seeds.

S

Simplicio

Why, oh why are people growing auto flower seeds?

If you are growing them outside, and don't have the season to run a photo plant, then I can understand.

Photo period plants are much easier to grow.
Veg them to where you like, and flower them when you like.

Buy photo period seeds.

This is a matter of preference.
I'll probably never grow another photo again.
Some of us don't want make veg or flower triggering decisions, or worry about light leaks.
Plus these autos can grow huge and yield huge under as much a 24 hours of daily light.

Today's autos are about as potent as photos, and can finish much quicker.
I predict that in 10 years almost all home growers will be growing autos.

W

Wrathoftejus

Dml, only pull the fan leaves that are blocking a bud site if you cant tuck it with autos. I had some free auto seeds i just ran, im going back to photo myself. They are fast though

S

Simplicio

Dml, only pull the fan leaves that are blocking a bud site if you cant tuck it with autos. I had some free auto seeds i just ran, im going back to photo myself. They are fast though

I do leaf tucking with autos.
Breeder is everything with autos.
You might've picked a bad one.

W

Wrathoftejus

I do leaf tucking with autos.
Breeder is everything with autos.
You might've picked a bad one.

Wasnt a bad experience. Just didnt fill out my space. Had 3 super potent plants but they were 16 inch single coala runts. More control with photos... and clones. Im not buyin seeds like that!

Miathedog

Miathedog

I had good luck with my first run of autos. I topped them trained them and defoliated them. All the things some say not to do with autos. My first dry yield from one plant was 251.01 grams. Here is a picture of number 2 thats coming down in 2 more weeks at week 12.
20181215 000136 HDR

London bud

London bud

First plants I successfully grew and finished were autos. Feminized pure power plant
When I first started growing, sexing the plants and changing light schedules for flower seemed really confusing, using autos cut the confusion and gave me a chance to learn, I learnt how the plant grows and got my head round some of the basics.
They're good to start with as an introduction to growing but imo an auto version of a strain is nowhere near as potent as the proper photo plant, it's still a decent smoke but there is no comparison between them when the photos grown proper. After all an auto version of a strain is watered down with the ruderalis

Fangthane

Fangthane

After all an auto version of a strain is watered down with the ruderalis
Is it really THAT bad? From what I've seen when shopping for my auto seeds, there's typically about 10% Ruderalis in the average auto strain. It doesn't seem like 10% should have such a dramatic impact on potency.

London bud

London bud

Is it really THAT bad? From what I've seen when shopping for my auto seeds, there's typically about 10% Ruderalis in the average auto strain. It doesn't seem like 10% should have such a dramatic impact on potency.
Nuh it ain't bad at all I'd still smoke the lot but for example we got a lot of stardawg round my way, the auto ones nice I got no complaints.... but the photos done proper are next level knock out
I'd still grow autos though, all this auto talks making me wanna get some

Fangthane

Fangthane

I just completed my first grow this summer - Tangerine Dream autos. I probably fucked up pretty much every way possible, but still managed a pretty decent harvest. The stuff I grew has a good bit more kick than the vast majority of the local bud I've come across around here, most of which is coming from dispensaries just over the Colorado line. As much as I generally see people on this forum looking down on the quality you get from autos, I ended up being pleasantly surprised with what I produced. I'm eager to see what I can produce when I get to the point where I do have some idea of what the hell I'm doing.
all this auto talks making me wanna get some
Same here. On the verge of getting salty about Seedsman taking their sweet time shipping out my new beans.

S

Simplicio

I grow nothing but autos, and they are almost as potent as photos.
Mephisto autos might even be more potent.
The original autos had much more ruderalis than nowadays, and it's likely that ruderalis' lack of potency has been bred out of autos.
I did a survey several months ago that compared the same named auto and photo strains from the same breeder, for several different breeders. For example Dinafem Sour Diesel photo and Dinafem Sour Diesel auto.
The photos averaged about 17%, and the autos about 15.5%. I gave up after about 2 dozen.

S

Simplicio

I had some autos in 24hr light from start to finish and that was the most bud I ever got off each individual plant in a grow.

The main problem with autos is that they sometimes don't autoflower when they should.
I once had a WorldOfSeeds NorthernLights X BigBud that took 10 weeks to start flower, and didn't finish until 17 weeks. It had the whole 3 x 3 ft tent to itself for several weeks while growing into the lights 7 ft away, and yielded 15 oz dry.
I've got a DutchPassion AutoNightQueen that didn't start flower until 9.5 weeks, and is over 5 ft tall. It will delay the next crop.
It's likely that stress causes this.

That defeats some of the reason for growing autos, fast speed.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

i May grow autos this coming summer, outdoors. Indoors, where you have complete control, why would you let the plant take away your options. Guess I’m just old school with some things

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

i May grow autos this coming summer, outdoors. Indoors, where you have complete control, why would you let the plant take away your options. Guess I’m just old school with some things
I like the control, bitch, hahahaha
S % m shit!!
It would be nice to have a harvest in September though

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Autos dont have the yield, potency , stability, cant clone em, and foremost they dont have the ability to weather miatakes made by a novicw grower.
Meanwhile every first timer want buds, and they want em now.
U couldnt tell me nothing! Like being in my 20's again.
I had to hermie the lot to learn my lesson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom