AUTO GROW - Overwatering or Nutrient Issue?

• Thread starter Bigeddy15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigeddy15

Bigeddy15

Any thoughts on why I have so much curling on the ends of my fan leaves? This started happening long before I fed with Gaia Green Power Bloom.

Overwatering?

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seeds
2. How old are your plants? 4 weeks old
3. How tall are your plants? 12"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5gal
5. What is your soil mix? 2/3 ocean forest and 1/3 perrlite w/ dolomitic lime top dressing from day 1
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? water ever 2-3 days
7. What is the pH of your water? i do not pH my water
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? i use 3tbsp gaia green power bloom 2-8-4 per 5gal pt
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Spider Farm SF 4000 - 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 26"
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4'x4'
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 25deg and 25%RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? unknown
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing? 2 years

Thanks for the help!

Auto grow   overwatering or nutrient issue
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
7. What is the pH of your water? i do not pH my water
That’s a problem.
Your plants look like they have heat stress, and watering issues.

BunnyAnd.Ducky

BunnyAnd.Ducky

The clawing leaves say that you went heavy on the fertilizer.

Bigeddy15

Bigeddy15

I dont plan on pH'ing my water right now. I use dolomite lime and would rather not make things too complex.

I have turned my heat from 26deg C to 23deg C. I will monitor and see if that helps.

The clawing took place before I fed the plants. The other plant does not have this clawing. Same soil

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Need to raise the humidity, at 4 week, should we aim for 65%~. Ph’d your water, would be really ideal... just to rule that out...you don’t need a too much precise one... I started with a 20$ one till I figured battery cannot be replace (and I’ve got a 60$ deal on an hanna hi-9811-5 I use both to figure if they are out of line now)... but it did the work and you end up figuring your ph is way too high most of the time( at least for me 🤣)

Bigeddy15

Bigeddy15

I ended up changing watering schedule (less frequently) and moving Spider Farms SF4000 LED light to the top of the tent. Also, changed my temperature to stay around 23C instead of 25C.

I discovered that my watering frequency was way too high. Also, I was not watering ENOUGH when I was watering.

I think the combined issues, along with my light being far too close for the majority of the grow, led to small plants. Live and learn! Looking forward to the next grow already. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here are the plants two weeks from harvest. I know, quite small Autos.

IMG 3708
IMG 3709
Top Bottom