Auto pilot apc8200 ppm issues

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

So has anyone else ran into the issue of set point ppm actually doubling or more? So if I set my ppm to 1200 I’ll actually get 2500-2800 within about 10 seconds of my output turning off. It dosent continue rising which eliminates that I have a leak and the ppm will not drop unless I either turn on my intake fan or open a tent door. This shit is weird.. it’s a brand new controller.. I’m running co2 tank drilled holes in the tubing it’s raining from above. Also I have a fan blowing directly on the sensor. Makes no sense I’m wondering if I have a faulty unit. Anyone else had a similar issue??

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

My dead band is set at 50 ppm so it turns off rather quickly so that gives me added concerns

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, this is an old issue but I don't recall what thread its in. Use the search with the name of your controller.
Use Aqua Man as the poster. I know he has answered this before.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Thanks for this I didn’t think about dialing back how fast it released co2. I’ll barely crack open my regulator and see if I have better accuracy

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I hope it helped. @Aqua Man is really the guy for this. He should see this and pop in eventually.
He is really busy at work currently, so he may not see it for a few days.
But I think you got your answer, yeah?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I hope it helped. @Aqua Man is really the guy for this. He should see this and pop in eventually.
He is really busy at work currently, so he may not see it for a few days.
But I think you got your answer, yeah?
Well man my ppm before I went to bed was 1400 now it’s 2400 so I might have a leak I don’t freakin know.. I will get some soap water and check later today. I went to sleep so o didn’t do any further investigation

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

So I did have a slight leak very very small one that I corrected. So I shouldn’t get even higher levels over time anymore. Also I barely cracked my tank open I’m guess the regulator on my co2 Solenoid is starting to go bad. Odd cu is fairly new and I’m not rough with my equipment. But there is no other explanation.. My ppm is within 150 ppm of set point. It definitely was over shooting due to out put pressure and solenoid not disengaging quick enough

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So I did have a slight leak very very small one that I corrected. So I shouldn’t get even higher levels over time anymore. Also I barely cracked my tank open I’m guess the regulator on my co2 Solenoid is starting to go bad. Odd cu is fairly new and I’m not rough with my equipment. But there is no other explanation.. My ppm is within 150 ppm of set point. It definitely was over shooting due to out put pressure and solenoid not disengaging quick enough
Sounds like you got it fixed. That's great!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So lights out ppm will often rise to 2500. That's no issue and it's because the plants do not use co2 when there is no photosynthesis (light) but they do respire and so do microbes and both plants roots and microbes will consume o2 and release co2. Over the dark period this will raise the co2 significantly in a small room. There is no concern over this as they will eat it up once the lights come on.

Like you seen the deadband overshoot is almost certainly a flow rate issue, air mixing issue or sensor placement issue.

Basically a high flow rate won't allow for enough air mixing time and the sensor to pick up the ppm before it turns off. Better air mixing and and a slow flow is the key to accuracy. Sensor placement can also help and keep in mind co2 is a heavier gas so good air movement around the ground to mix the air is important

Top Bottom