Auto Ready Yet My Son Says No?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Yesterday I asked my Son where the Nippers where? He told me.

Guess he got to thinking what I was going to do. NOOO! Dad they are not ready.

Question ready yet?

oLd1

Auto ready yet my son says no
Dothraki

Dothraki

Do you have something to check the trichomes with? I use my phone with a macro lens which cost less than $10. I haven’t grown yet but have done a bit of drying and curing so I use it to determine if the plants are ready for harvest. Ideally you’d want them all to be cloudy/milky but inevitably some will still be clear. Once you start seeing Amber trichomes it’s mostly ready to chop. Make sure you check the trichomes on different flowers and not on the leaves. In my experience it looks like it needs more time but really you should check the trichomes.

totamus

totamus

They are looking good, but not ready yet. You will really cut your yield if you harvest now. If my stash is low, I sometimes harvest early, and the yield is usually half or less of the sister plants that go longer. Wait another 2-3 weeks

oLd1

oLd1

Ok be good I was figuring age and probably couple more weeks at least one.

I have 4 just need to wait. Have one variety that has Purple Buds my Son is drooling over. I have no idea what they are but has nice Buds.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

Ok I see now.

What I’m more worried about is the leaves yellowing but I’m realizing it’s part of it. Just matter of cutting at the right time

oLd1

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok I see now.

What I’m more worried about is the leaves yellowing but I’m realizing it’s part of it. Just matter of cutting at the right time

oLd1
Search images on google, just type in something like “cannabis harvest day” you’ll be surprised at how yellow and different colors the leaves look when at harvest in different scenarios. It’s using up the nutrients within itself which is good. You never want to harvest early because it will have very weak effects and the effects won’t feel good either. It’ll also smell weak and probably taste weak too. Just picture what 3 days on the counter can do for an avocado. From hard and bitter to soft and creamy.

growsince79

growsince79

Search images on google, just type in something like “cannabis harvest day” you’ll be surprised at how yellow and different colors the leaves look when at harvest in different scenarios. It’s using up the nutrients within itself which is good. You never want to harvest early because it will have very weak effects and the effects won’t feel good either. It’ll also smell weak and probably taste weak too. Just picture what 3 days on the counter can do for an avocado. From hard and bitter to soft and creamy.
3 days don't make much difference at all.

Dothraki

Dothraki

3 days don't make much difference at all.
It can be a difference of unripe to large black spots on the flesh...thats why I only grab 1 at a time, damn things have like a 6 hour peak window lol.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Another week at least - post another picture next Wednesday in this thread to track the visual changes as it ripens.

Looks sticky but needs to plump up!!

Top Bottom