Auto White Widow And Auto Carmelicous . 1st Time Grow

• Thread starter Thcbasshead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thcbasshead

Had a thread in the introduce yourself section, but seems as if it dont get much traffic so i will repost here.
Setup so far is
1-6inch inline fan
1- 6 inch carbon filter
1- Bestva Led 2000 watt
1-Gorilla Grow 5x5 tent
Using happy frog soil.
Nutes i have are aurora nutes,
Plants are 3-white widow Autos,7 auto carmelicous.
Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated! As i am a grow virgin lol

Auto white widow and auto carmelicous  1st time grow
Auto white widow and auto carmelicous  1st time grow 2
sixstring

sixstring

welcome,what are your day and night temps down there? looks like the typical grundgy basement,keep an eye out for molds and try to keep the rh iin check.

T

Thcbasshead

Just got it set up last night at about 11 at night. When i left for work at 6 am rh was at 65 and temp was at about 84. Basement flooded yester day So rh is a bit high, but believe it's okay for seedlings, de humidifier is on its way also. Going to set up carbon filter during week 2 or 3. Unless it would be better for me to go ahead and do it now.

T

Thcbasshead

All but 1 carmelicous is out of the ground now, 2 white widows popped up over night. Thinking ill add the 1k hps during week 4, and start nutes at week 2.

T

Thcbasshead

Pic 1 Auto carmelicous day 3 in soil.
Pic 2 Auto white widow day 3 in soil

20171108 062623
King Julien

King Julien

Only advice I've got is to repeat what's already been said. That and you should try and bring your temps down just a little if you can. 84 is a bit high.

That and 84 degrees plus 65% humidity is a great environment for mold. Especially if you get spikes in humidity above that. It'll survive at 65 and thrive at 75.

Other than that keep it up. Patience is a virtue or some crap like that.

T

Thcbasshead

Humidity is right at 71ish now . Temp is at 82. Going to install inline 6 inch later and grab a oscillating fan from the walmart and see what i get . Juat fearful itll drop the temo down to much.

King Julien

King Julien

Just monitor it and if it does then just get yourself a fan speed controller and turn it down until temps stabilize where you want them. They only run about 20 bucks and can be very handy if you have minimal control over your temps between inside and outside.

T

Thcbasshead

Ill order one now if bank account allows it! Im sure itll be handy later at somepoint anyways.
Any advice on adding the 1000 watt hps? I think now is to early to add it but if i wait the light could shock the plants?

King Julien

King Julien

As long as you keep it far enough away it won't shock them. Just introduce it high and bring it down slowly until it's where it should be.

I will say that there's no need to use it yet by any means.

I'll also add that I often pump the heat from my light directly into the rest of my house to save on heating in the winter as they produce a ton of heat. Depending on how you're venting and where you can take advantage of that if things start getting too cold. Just an idea.

T

Thcbasshead

As long as you keep it far enough away it won't shock them. Just introduce it high and bring it down slowly until it's where it should be.

I will say that there's no need to use it yet by any means.

I'll also add that I often pump the heat from my light directly into the rest of my house to save on heating in the winter as they produce a ton of heat. Depending on how you're venting and where you can take advantage of that if things start getting too cold. Just an idea.
Im in the midwest. Starting to get pretty cold. The heat from light would probably benefit me more being in the basement.

King Julien

King Julien

Im in the midwest. Starting to get pretty cold. The heat from light would probably benefit me more being in the basement.

Same here and same here. I'm sure you'll be fine. It's also nice you're in a basement because all of your heat generated can go up into your house without trying too hard.

T

Thcbasshead

Okay everyone, got my 6 inch fan and air scrubber set up, but its pulling the sides of the tent in really bad. No funds for the fan speed controller till friday. Any other solutions? Or will that even help?
Also why does this stem look so white? Normal? Or a sign of issues?

Screenshot 20171108 183418
T

Thcbasshead

Heres some pics of what was added today.. Carbon filter, household fan (top right corner), and 6 inch fan added today.

20171108 202607
20171108 202722
20171108 202730
T

Thcbasshead

Bad pic but there are a few brown spots on this little fella.. and only this one white widow. Think itll be okay but just want to be sure.

20171114 191018
Top Bottom