Autoflower clones for selfing experiment

• Thread starter professorchaos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
professorchaos

professorchaos

Hello fellow brothers and sisters of the leaf! Professor Chaos here about to embark on an experiment and wanted to get some input from others on the topic.

I have some northern lights autoflower seeds from ILGM that I rather enjoy. The strain has done very well in the hot climate I am dealing with. It's also a rather pest and mold resistant strain so
def one to keep around. The issue is the cost of seeds these days. I know the money is going to them maintaining a steady supply of stable strains but.....yea I'm not growing money here.

I produced a significant amount of colloidal silver (5 liters approx) at 67 ppm by my calculation for the purpose of plant reversal. Should be enough to last me until doomsday. What I was going to do is start a fresh seed NL autoflower seed and then cut clone as soon as I can to reverse. Since I technically don't need the clone to be huge for pollen or for bud harvesting, it doesn't have to be big. The idea is that it is far easier to isolate a clone that is reversed to avoid pollen contamination and minimize space usage. I'd germinate it in a sealed grow box I made with a dedicated COB led light. Spray it basically the moment it's cut and get it to produce pollen. Use that pollen onto the mother plant to germinate a ton of seeds to last me a while.

Has anyone had success with this? What was the outcome of the seeds? Stability of the genetics? Etc.. I'm curious. Any input is very much welcome.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Someone will be along not sure about the autos? Why not grow photos?
@Frankster you got an answer?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
All you have to do is isolate a single branch and spray the nodes and the male flower that forms will pollinate the rest of the plant that is still female. This is still a selfing technique and will work a lot better especially for an auto flower

professorchaos

professorchaos

All you have to do is isolate a single branch and spray the nodes and the male flower that forms will pollinate the rest of the plant that is still female. This is still a selfing technique and will work a lot better especially for an auto flower
So don't bother trying to form a clone for pollination? Alrighty. I'll give it a shot.

Now. This will generate an S1 batch of seeds, correct?

professorchaos

professorchaos

Someone will be along not sure about the autos? Why not grow photos?
@Frankster you got an answer?
I have plenty of photo seeds of both regular and fem variety. I want to experiment with autos as it is a convenient grow operation. I can literally sprout and let them go to town in the sun without worrying about light cycles. I have tons of outdoor space so they get large and produce a decent yield.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
You can make a clone if you are worried about pollen in the tent.
I cut a small brach and stick it in a solocup of moist coco and just spray it instead of watering for a couple of weels.
I use 10ml of Rhizotonic and a teaspoon of vinegar to about 1.5 L of water for the foliar spray, just alternate the sprays a bit with the colloidal silver.

professorchaos

professorchaos

You can make a clone if you are worried about pollen in the tent.
I cut a small brach and stick it in a solocup of moist coco and just spray it instead of watering for a couple of weels.
I use 10ml of Rhizotonic and a teaspoon of vinegar to about 1.5 L of water for the foliar spray, just alternate the sprays a bit with the colloidal silver.
That was basically the original plan. That, and isolate silver spraying so that it is only used on a small branch. Silver in small quantities is fine but it isn't ideal in large amounts for consumption.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That was basically the original plan. That, and isolate silver spraying so that it is only used on a small branch. Silver in small quantities is fine but it isn't ideal in large amounts for consumption.
If you decide to do it on the plant instead of a clone, you can just use a paint brush instead of a sprayer.
If it's your first time, why don't you do both methods for the experience of it :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom