Autoflower With Bad Drainage! Help

• Thread starter Jdpropagator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Less cow shit and more perlite
Very true just a bit more perlite in the blend would have likely prevented this from happening in the first place. You live and learn man no worries you will know for next time. My blend for homade soil is 1/3. so basically 33% manure, 33% peat moss, 33% perlite.

3Dino

3Dino

If you want good results for anything that you do including cannabis or home repairs ditch Home Depot and you'll have better results

ArrEll

ArrEll

I have a king Tutankhamon currently veg into mid week 4, I planted into a 5 gallon homedepot bucket drilled out big drain holes at bottom and sides, it’s current in a mix of 40%cow manure and 40% vigoro 20% perlite i aswell amended the soil prior with all purpose fertilizer from dr.earth and some bone meal now I’m noticing the soil isn’t draining fast enough and worried about potential root rot the plant showed some signs of burn but not really sure on what my next steps should be… wether or not to transplant again into a different soil or continue growing in this one and feed accordingly. Its my second plant ever and I used whatever resources I had available at the time.
Definitely too much water. Next time, use a Grow Bag (5-7 gal). Very hard to drown the roots with a Grow Bag. At this point, I might try to pull the whole dirt ball out of that bucket and if the seed(s) is valuable to you, TP it into a huge Grow Bag now - before it begins to Flower. IF you use those 6-gal drywall buckets in the future (they used to be pretty standard practice, back in the '70s), try lining the bottom with 3" of lava rock or other Stones, to enhance drainage. AND use that 20% Perlite, and you should be fine.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

it might dry a day quicker, lets even give it two. drilling the holes will not please her and she is already pissy at you, so she slows by 5 days... did you win anything?
Good airflow thru the medium will help it dry faster than it otherwise would. That is a fact. Anyone that's ever experienced evaporative cooling will know that.
Drilling the hole in the pot will not hurt the plant, not even it's feelings, if anything, it will be happy that you are concerned about its survival.
Drill some holes in it.
there is a hole in the bottom you said, so if there were standing water it would flow out and it is not. so the soil has wicked it up and is holding it.
Standing water? Nope. The soil holds the water. The soil holds the water thru capillary action. This can hold far more water than you realize.
so you shock her she stops trying
It's already in stress. Fixing it will reduce stress on the plant.

Top Bottom