autoflowering strains

• Thread starter mickeyspliff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mickeyspliff

I believe autoflowering strains can expand outdoor possiblities for early harvest, multiple harvests, and stealth.

Most are aware of C. ruderalis and the inbred hybrid of this species Lowryder. Alot of AF strains today probably have some ruderalis in their background, though there are some exceptions like AK47. Certain phenos are hard to keep in veg because they want to preflower very heavily. Mitey Mite's autoflowering is supposed to come from Himalayan from what I recall. Then there is Guerilla Gold that also autoflowers along with a number of family crosses with other names. I believe Mitey Mite is the common autoflowering ancestor.

I've tried the earlier version of Lowryder and wasn't impressed with the potency, though they did produce a fair amount of resin. I have found that hybrids with Lowryder are often fairly potent, usually flowering after a longer veg period. I've also tried Guerilla Gold from the breeder Greens. Some of these were pretty nice and I've made some crosses with those into my Lowryder crosses. My best cross was Mango Haze x (OG kush x Lowryder). Didn't try them outside, but the females were mostly very resinous, fruity and potent. The best females were crossed to the fastest Guerilla Gold males. That is what I'm planning to cross to N. Haze x Mango Haze males. I think the result will be plants that autoflower after 2 or 3 months regardless of the photoperiod, with a few that will need 12 hours or less to start. Should be mostly sativa dominant.

T

tenacious

Supporter
they help w/ stealthyness b/c they can bud when there not expected to.
in my area 'the man' is on the prowle starting in sept-late oct.
my rudialis cross started to flower at the 4-6 internode[may]. it did continue to grow vegitivly while flowering, but known of the rudialisX's yeild <150g[i have only grown 10 seeds] nor was any of it high in quality, taste or strength. it was good for just getting by...smoke wise till main harvest came in & when space was cleared by harvest[in july- earily-aug] it opened thigs up nicely.

F

Fred Norris

this year i will be hitting up some elite clones with autoflowering/early genes.

i have an old school bubblegum cut. so nice,so fruity,so frosty. a friend of mine just got some mighty mite x bubblegum seeds. i would like to find a nice robust male, and have him pollinate the bg clone,and work that line the next few outdoor seasons.

U

USMCtanker

i know someone that grow a af called blue streak (blueberry x lowrider) he says its some good smoke. i hope to try some of them out my self.

S

Sporulater

I am very into auto strain, just found out about them and got some on the way. Also some guerrilla gold too.

P

ProGroWannabe

I'm definitely doing some autos this spring for an early crop (or two, hehe). I'm gonna run AutoAK if there are any left anywhere once I get a chance at em.

A

Alekiboy

If you take a current lowryder strain and you wanted to cross it with a current normal strain..
Wouldn't you have to cross a male lowryder and female normal, then take the female product of that cross and cross it again with a lowryder male to get the desired result??
Not that I have any clue what I'm talking about, I just want to understand :)

2MS

I think certainly in the way you're good, Alekiboy..

the autoflowering is interesting
health:hi:
2ms

S

Sporulater

You're talking about back crossing and no, once you do the cross the new strain should be auto flowering but might not be totally stable. Aback cross might certainly help.

G

gator

Tried Lowryder 1 - pretty weak.

Tried Lowlifes? AutoAK47 - OK

P

ProGroWannabe

S.A.H.'s was bx'ed to the Lowrider one more time than Lowlife's (I think). That might explain why the AutoAK that you ran wasn't as potent. I'm just guessing though because I haven't actually ran either one yet.

A

abirdintheair

joint doctor,mdanzig, and S n H all work with autoflowers as far as i know. some are hit n mess on the phenos potency thats true, but some have been worked pretty well like bluestreak. i know one of either mdanzig or S n H was talking about an auto haze being one of the next projects. making a whole strain autoflower isnt easy, a single cross to a lowryder/masterlow male will give some autoflowers and also some straight 9 weekers. me personally, id like a nice mold resistant auto done in august to best use my outdoor climate (humidity is a bitch).

B

British_Hempire

I don't rate lowryder, multiple issues with it, but it did breed fairly well, I found though in the crosses I made that the phenos that were most desirable were the least LR influenced and subsequent gens selecting for the LR side to get the AF trait just watered down the potency too much. After the horrors of LR I never tried LR2.

I have a AF line that had no LR in it. I received some seeds labelled Purple Skunk x Mighty Mite F1 a few years ago from a fella in Canada. I had two females and a male that all AFed after 30 days at the 5th node and then only took 6 weeks to flower, producing a nice 2 foot budstick. Bud density and potency were a little lacking indoors but it rocked outdoors. I crossed one of the AF females to the AF male and made F2s, these pretty much all AFed. I still have F3s as well as an outcross to a Blueberry female I made with the same AF PS x MM F1 male so I'll be revisiting this work this season outdoors.

M

mickeyspliff

Good to hear from you all. In time I think there will be many autoflower and 90 day wonders to fit various needs with all the breeding going on. As it is, the fast autoflowering plants are less potent than the longer flowering plants in my experience. I had forgotten about mdanzig's early work with LR hybrids. I am not familiar with SnH. Mostly I see more indica dom crosses being offered, so it's nice to hear of the haze cross being worked on. Thats the direction I am going with the mango haze line.

As far as mold resistance goes, LR was not mold resistant. Greens developed Guerilla Gold in the swamps of Manitoba, and it's supposed to be very mold resistant. He had a few lines of GG of varying maturation times. One was much like LR, going into flower a couple of weeks from seed, but most of what he concentrates on are the plants that finnish after 3-4 months from seed, regardless of photoperiod. I think there are pics of his plants still to be found on other forums. Really nice looking, big, frosty buds on the GG. I used the fast flowering type for my mango haze project.

M

mickeyspliff

Thats a good point BH made about the autoflowering plants doing much better outdoors, and this was something Greens always said also.

B

British_Hempire

Yeah, indoors they suck, outdoors they are much better, not sure why. I have some Guerilla Gold and Mighty Mite, I'll be popping those for outdoors this season too.

The other line I'm interested in playing with some more is Nigerian Nightmare which isn't AF but will flower if given less than about 19 hours of light. I made some crosses with it and still have some pure seeds left.

M

mickeyspliff

I tried NN, unfortunately they were not in full sun, and the yield was very low with no real solid buds. I really liked the unique smell. Mine were not very potent, probably would have been more interesting if I had grown it better. Another trick for the NN is to restrict the roots to encourage flowering. There is another African strain that supposed to autoflower, pure sativa. Don't recall the country of origin... The grow report I remember seeing wasn't that great, I don't think it autoflowered for the grower indoors.

B

British_Hempire

You don't want to restrict the roots with NN, this will result in a small plant with small yield.

Most pure sativas will begin flowering if allowed to become rootbound, this is not autoflowering though.

BombBP

BombBP

Lr2

Gets pretty frosty and smells great. My yields were crap but I am growing them in 2 liter hempy buckets. I grew out 2 seeds, got 2 fems, one tall and lanky with medium frosting, the other short and fat with lots of triches. 1st 2 are the taller pheno, last 2 the shorter one. They both smell like musky fruit, the shorter one has a stronger smell. The larger one is hang drying and the smaller one will be taken tomorrow or whenever the medium dries out.

New 719
New 722
New 747
New 739

Latest posts

Top Bottom