autoflowering strains

• Thread starter mickeyspliff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mickeyspliff

Yeah, forget about cloning fast autoflowering plants. I recall Greens who developed Guerilla Gold was able to clone his late flowering autos. BreederBrad is here, and he worked the same genetics as greens, developing another line. Maybe he will see this thread and share his experiences. From what I recall, he does very well with the late autoflowering strains. The late flowering autos are good quality, and are truely autoflowering, just not fast like Lowryder. So quality can be found in auto's, maybe not so much the fast ones.

Dr Greenthumb has an early Iranian strain I believe that is done in August, and he claims it is a 4 1/2 * rating out of 5 for potency. I agree with northone about a need for the easily triggered varieties on the market. The Nigerian Nightmare was supposed to be one of those, though Reeferman suggested root restriction and other methods to push the plant into flower.

Some strains will also stay in flower if given 12/12 then put outside during the summer. I had a skunky SK#1 that I loved, and had to stash a plant in the woods for a while, when I went to check on it, it had gone into flower even though it was summer. Didn't yield much due to light restriction, but was nice early outdoors stash.

M

mickeyspliff

Hey northone, can you share more about the early Iranian? How is the quality of the look, smell, taste and quality of the high? Good to hear the strength is there... Was it a pure Iranian do you think, and is it worth using for early hybrids? Did you try the 105 auto also? Sorry for so many questions, it's just nice to hear from someone directly about a strain there's little info on.

edit: somehow I missed that you had tried the 105- I'd love to hear how it compares to the other earlies.

B

BreederBrad2

Yeah, forget about cloning fast autoflowering plants. I recall Greens who developed Guerilla Gold was able to clone his late flowering autos. BreederBrad is here, and he worked the same genetics as greens, developing another line.QUOTE]

other way around friend he got it from me :)

M

mickeyspliff

Yes, I remember BB2, I couldn't recall what your line was called, and I seem to remember Greens did something else to his and changed the name. I recall Vision was making Bramble or something from the same genetics. I was first interested in the Auto's reading your threads over at CC. I was inspired by that and also the swamp info. I'm glad your here, Bro'. Is Greens still around somewhere? I haven't talked to him since CW went down...

Thanks for sharing your input northone. I'm excited to try the E Iranian now.

B

bigbag

mighty mite was designed to stay short and come in july and aug.bred on lesquiti island BC,which is a relativily small island thats heavily patrolled by air.its been crossed wit everything under da sun,but now is harder 2 obtain.pure mm is decent smoke at best,but hybrids tend 2 be danker.still a great breeding tool for the northern outdoor grower

B

BreederBrad2

mighty mite was designed to stay short and come in july and aug.bred on lesquiti island BC,which is a relativily small island thats heavily patrolled by air.its been crossed wit everything under da sun,but now is harder 2 obtain.pure mm is decent smoke at best,but hybrids tend 2 be danker.still a great breeding tool for the northern outdoor grower

exactly^^^its a tool to make earlier hybrids outdoors,Big bag knows the score,and has graced me with much fine genetics including mighty mite many moons ago.

B

BreederBrad2

Yes, I remember BB2, I couldn't recall what your line was called, and I seem to remember Greens did something else to his and changed the name. I recall Vision was making Bramble or something from the same genetics. I was first interested in the Auto's reading your threads over at CC. I was inspired by that and also the swamp info. I'm glad your here, Bro'. Is Greens still around somewhere? I haven't talked to him since CW went down...

Thanks for sharing your input northone. I'm excited to try the E Iranian now.

Here is info i put on another site years ago, and greens is still around, just on other sites

02-12-2007, 07:44 PM #29
BreederBrad

Posts: n/a Ok im not on the net much anymore...but this is the deal...i traded seeds wit s.ont,he gave me 2 strains 1 was mightymiteX afghani automatic and the other s labeled mightymite/afghani autoXearly gold. I just called them early gold for short... i got these seeds before early bramble was even being sold...so anyways i assumed these to be f1's. i grew them all out and made my f2's with the best ones i had.the next season i made f3's using my best male and pollinated my best 3 females...also this is where greens started breeding them out 2 at the f3 generation...i labelled them early gold 1f3,eg #2f3,and eg#3f3.these are the seeds greens develped his guerilla gold lines from... i also developed 5 diffrent but simalar lines from EG#3f3.. which is now Eg3.f4#1,Eg3f4#2,eg3f4#3,Eg3f4#4,and Eg3f4#5.....I also crossed that same F3male with a clonable f2 early gold we were using indoors.....and thats the facts...i shoulda called them guerilla golds but the early gold name jus stuck with me...so in conclusion if i gave u early gold seeds,jus rename them guerilla gold so we can end the confusion...Also i have never grown out early bramble or the other hybrids so that i dont know...but me an greens got basically the same thing...his guerilla gold came from my f3's.....hope this helps you all out.. i hate seein misinformation....happy growin
PEACE

BreederBrad
View BreederBrad's Photo Album

B

bigbag

now i have 2 go 2 the islands and get some mighty mite crosses from learned breeder/growers.i can c the importance of this genetic.i can get pure mm,and crosses including;
-hawaiian"blood"sativa x mm
-sk#1 x mm
-mango x mm
-sk#1 x mm x mango
-timewarp x mm
-golden burmese x mm
time 2 start rattlin' da' bushes!

B

BreederBrad2

basically me and greens decided to change the name from early gold to guerilla gold to end confusion and whining from diffrent people, and to distinguish our version from others

B

BreederBrad2

Do it bro :) :banana:

now i have 2 go 2 the islands and get some mighty mite crosses from learned breeder/growers.i can c the importance of this genetic.i can get pure mm,and crosses including;
-hawaiian"blood"sativa x mm
-sk#1 x mm
-mango x mm
-sk#1 x mm x mango
-timewarp x mm
-golden burmese x mm
time 2 start rattlin' da' bushes!

R

rea2on

How is the potency with the autoflower stains? I've heard alot of rumors of a low buzz.

B

bigbag

that in general is fair,but in crosses with potent longer flowering kinds excellent potent specimens can be achieved.i mean rudy has no stone so alot of autos lack potency.ive heard breeders say u have 2 breed rudy in...then breed rudy out,hehe.ive seen sensi's rudy skunk grow giant plants that didnt bud until mid sept,subsequentily not finishing,so rudy can be reccesive.at any rate most common autos arnt as stony as full season.that being said,early buds recieve the most intense light in the heat of the summer,generally producing more resin.thats why select hybrids r best,imo

I

IAmProton

This topic is always of much interest to me having a shorter growing period in the north but if anyone is interested I believe there are a few auto grows going on ATM in the grow diaries section. One is Lowryder 2 and the other is a swath of various autos both are great threads

G

Gorrillagrower

I am running one of those threads at the moment. Check it out if you'd like

Your first impression might be wow thats kinda spindley but you gotta take into consideration that I am in the NorthEast and we have had 23 days of rain in the last 30 days and the forcast is for more rain till Sat. Ive made some beans as you can see and will be doin a late summer run with them in hopes that I will get a better outcome. The rain has really fucked things up and the plants have paid the price. I will also be doin some crosses of some elite strains in hopes of shortening some of there flowering times. We shall see what happens...........Look forward to seeing some of you over at my thread.........GG

C

cletus

ive got onyx and blue himalaya gong right now. they both have a month left and the blues are starting to fill out nicely. the onyx which is supposed to be a heavier producer is looking kinda skimpy. hopefuly they explode the last few months. fingers crossed, my first serious grow.

C

chef green

currently doing a easyryder=lowryder#2 x ak-47, so far so good 1 week got stem and cap is about to fall off. Waiting on smurfinberry; will keep you posted.

C

colaman

Over the last couple of years i have tried autos like Lowryder 1 & 2 and Guerilla Gold. the best of that lot was Early Wonder Skunk. The Early Wonder Skunk was all over the map on phenos. EVERY single plant looked different and finished at different heights and times. I had about a 20% rate of females. Not good and some no earlier than regular weeds but it was still the best of the autos i tried.

This year I did the Iranian autoflower. it kicks the hell out of the other ones I tried for potency and yield. There is virtually no pheno variation and all were females.I'm no expert but i think the iranian autoflower in a class by itself

G

gulf island

early wonder skunk,early wonder skunk x A3,early wonder skunk x timewarp,early wonder skunk x polecat,emerald wonder,earlywonderskunk x purplepolecat,

C

colaman

the Early Wonders were all over the place as far as phenos go. Almost every one was a different pheno. We had very poor female to male ratios and thus far the few that were females are still maturing. we've harvested ONE. hard to call that an autoflower

Latest posts

Top Bottom