Autoflowers; fim, top or let em ride??

• Thread starter Winnies.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Winnies.buds

Winnies.buds

Anyone try fimming or topping autos?

Currently have 8 Bruce Banner autos growing which have a long grow cycle for an auto; about 14 weeks.

4 plants at about 6 weeks (front of pic) that I'm letting ride.

4 plants at about 4 weeks (back of pic) that I am experimenting with.
2 of them I topped & 2 of them I fimmed. Wish me luck~

Wondering how other peeps have made out with either topping or fimming autos?.?
Autoflowers fim top or let em ride
Autoflowers fim top or let em ride 2

DanC520

DanC520

I topped two last run. Neither stunted, but one threw a few sacs and I culled her (couldn’t tell ya if topping had an impact). I think depends on how vigorous the growth is and how old / mature they are. That said, I think you can get a pretty even canopy with just training. I prolly won’t top much in the future.

Winnies.buds

Winnies.buds

I topped two last run. Neither stunted, but one threw a few sacs and I culled her (couldn’t tell ya if topping had an impact). I think depends on how vigorous the growth is and how old / mature they are. That said, I think you can get a pretty even canopy with just training. I prolly won’t top much in the future.
Thanks Dan, i value your input. I'm just starting to read up on training techniques. It's another area about growing that's interesting & "pulling" me in more...

DanC520

DanC520

NP I’m still relatively new, but some experienced and knowledgeable folks around here. Plenty top/fim all the time with their autos. But my anecdotal exp tells me lst can get you there.

Autoflowersmountup

Autoflowersmountup

I won’t claim any sort of real skill with training but it can be a useful tool.
I prefer lots of bends and tie downs but have topped autos on a few occasions.
a healthy topped plant paired with a good scrog screen can be a nice setup for a good harvest!
im not experienced enough to “know” if it increases production or anything like that but it can surely be a helpful tool if you need to keep a plant wide and bushy vs tall and xmas tree shaped.

Habosabin

Habosabin

How did your plants turn out? I notice this was from January.

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Anyone try fimming or topping autos?

Currently have 8 Bruce Banner autos growing which have a long grow cycle for an auto; about 14 weeks.

4 plants at about 6 weeks (front of pic) that I'm letting ride.

4 plants at about 4 weeks (back of pic) that I am experimenting with.
2 of them I topped & 2 of them I fimmed. Wish me luck~

Wondering how other peeps have made out with either topping or fimming autos?.?View attachment 1204885View attachment 1204886
I topped my NL auto about 5 days back she is just now picking up again I got 4 branches going outwards now
I would only do it if you have heat humidity and everything else going perfect

Autoflowersmountup

Autoflowersmountup

I’ve got nothing current to share, waiting on some photos to finish and some auto seeds to pop but I dug up a couple of pics from a monster fast buds Mimosa cake auto I did last year.
im much more a fan of the wide bushy type plants.
the plant in the pics wasn’t topped but it was heavily trained and set under a portable scrog screen.
the plant ended up with 33 “tops” to it, took right at 100 days to finish.
4FBD5DA4 12DC 42AC 891A 7DC0F2B7550F
D19B3DEB 215C 4E7D 8A44 E8B9572A7E0D
E17C76E7 E785 4901 B425 BA92280B9F5D
E6DD8301 1DF3 41D5 BC3B 7C633BAD0FB3
A058AEB9 60D7 402B B681 68E2E68005BE

Winnies.buds

Winnies.buds

Nice looking plant.

This was my 1st grow & made alot of amateur mistakes but I ended up with some decent buds!

I'm starting to germinate for my next grow & strive to get the wide bushy plant similar to how yours look...I have no experience with scrogs & going to attempt more training, etc. to get a bush!!

Habosabin

Habosabin

I’ve got nothing current to share, waiting on some photos to finish and some auto seeds to pop but I dug up a couple of pics from a monster fast buds Mimosa cake auto I did last year.
im much more a fan of the wide bushy type plants.
the plant in the pics wasn’t topped but it was heavily trained and set under a portable scrog screen.
the plant ended up with 33 “tops” to it, took right at 100 days to finish.
View attachment 1224149View attachment 1224148View attachment 1224147View attachment 1224146View attachment 1224145
What was your yeild? Nice plant.

Top Bottom