Automatic Nutrient Dosers

• Thread starter Dubb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubb

Wondering if anyone here knows of some (preferablly cheaper) doser units that I dont know about, which are the intellidose and the grobot.

intellidose -$1500 + $1200 for the rez/pump set
grobot- $3000

These things arent cheap, I got a decent budget for grow room redesign for my new house, and I want to ditch coir and go back to hydro to save some manual labor, but getting the nutrients/ph correct was such a time consuming PITA before (which lead and still leads to human error and messing up entire grows) so id like to automate the process.

I usually run a seperate veg and flower room, so I would either need 2 grobots (ouch) even tho supposedly they are coming out with a new doser unit for veg room needs like mine, buts its still $1500 which means its still $4500 for that setup, two intellidose setups would run a similar cost.

I dont really need full climate automation like this since lights and fans go on timers easily enough, and almost every new AC/heater/de or humidifiers have digital thermostats on them and a lot of co2 controllers do as well so most of the climate can be controlled on its own without a fancy controller, I just need to figure out how to make the nutes automated, or I can just quit being lazy and say screw it and stick with coir, 50 gallon rez with a garden hose attached to a sump pump in it lol, but some days I cant check on the rooms at all and sometimes when I can I only got 10-20 minutes to do so, so a "set it and forget it" setup would be ideal, I want to set this room up correctly from the get-go this time, auto fill/drain/flush/nutes/ph etc.

any feedback or experiences appreciated.

JPLord01

JPLord01

The is the best setup to use spend the 4500 to 5000 Gs it will pay for it self.
This is what I run it is the shit. Coco DTW 3gl pots.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Here is some photos of are setup hope that this will help someone
This is a 24x20 Table DTW I put in a floor sink and tide it to the main wast line. The cover over the table is pond liner it is about $350 for this table. I built this place for a clint and help them with the run if they need it. We run GH 6/9 coco
I make a epsom salt mix for my Mg. It is 788gm per gl for a 5 mil concentrate per gl. The Mag Amp is $90 a gl F that. We run Big Bud from week 2 to 6 then drop that then run Over Drive for one week . On week 6 we drop the micro and just run the Bloom. PH 5.8 Room 78 hum 45 to 55 we have 750 in are rooms we get 1.2 per light. Thats with 750s not 1000s If you have ? please ask I will help best I can.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I like the PH dosers from AMhydro. Doing the Auto PPM is to much money. Plus it is not worth it if your tank gets a leak. I mix the cims once a week. Have 2 doers for UP and DOWN on each res. I got 4 cycles. They are about 800 all together after you get every part you need for PH. Check into dosetronics from bluelab. That is another PPM and PH. Think Hanna might make some too....

That 20x24 room is vary nice. Did you use sheets of wood to make the slant to that room? it looks vary slanted too in my eyes. How and where did the wast water go too? Was it like a home depot sump pump for 2" solids? I just got laying my pool liner in my room. However its black. Did you use like some Black and White PVC plasic or something to make it that color or is there a place that sells it in that color.

squarepusher

squarepusher

nice setup JPLord, but I am not sure what exactly you have 6 fertilizer injectors connected to eachother for?

JPLord01

JPLord01

The 6 injectors are for micro,bloom,mag,big bud and some other things. Most of the time we run 4 dosers.

K

kushtrees

ooo soo jealous jplord.... great set up cant wait to splurge on one of those

D

Dubb

Sorry been busy couldnt check up on the thread and the forum didnt email me about replies until today.

Nice lookin setup JP, but those pics lead to a lot of questions lol, is that a system you can buy or is it custom pieced together? I take it its drip feed or you just flip a switch to turn the water on? A system like that may be better for my needs then hydro because I could at least still move the plants around, have separate rooms, and not worry about leaks so much. Would be cool if you wrote up a thread on the system, but I understand if your client wouldnt appreciate that.

And thanks for the other dosers nobodynobody, but it still looks like being lazy is going to be expensive lol, at least I have a few more options to consider though.

Got a lot of planning to do.

G

Growmio

I was at the Max Yield Expo last weekend and saw a company selling automatic dosers for less than a G. This one was cool because it connects to your Wifi, and you can check on your grow from your smart phone.

Here is the link to the product page for anyone interested:

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Tap we have 40 ppm out of the tap

What kind of pump/pumps are you using to push the water through those manifolds? I've used those outside, they were pricey, and call it human error but EVERY one of them leaked...

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

These are way too expensive for what they are. I'm working on alternatives...

Edit: well not for you guys with the production floor grows, but I'm just trying to setup a fly-by-wire 4x4 tent, and find a use for my raspberry pi.

Last edited:
C

cheech

What if you live in an area with 45 F main water during the winter months? Can you have a tap water rez with a heater in it, and then use a pump from that rez to push through the dosers?

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Cool setup.

I have a small 4x4 area with a small 15 gallon rez so easy to maintain and hardly warrant automation but I've been considering putting something together myself using an Arduino ( google 'dose pumps arduino' for examples). If you happen to no someone with the skills to create it it could potentially be a lot cheaper to create something customized.

L

LiftFarms

Wondering if anyone here knows of some (preferablly cheaper) doser units that I dont know about, which are the intellidose and the grobot.

intellidose -$1500 + $1200 for the rez/pump set
grobot- $3000

These things arent cheap, I got a decent budget for grow room redesign for my new house, and I want to ditch coir and go back to hydro to save some manual labor, but getting the nutrients/ph correct was such a time consuming PITA before (which lead and still leads to human error and messing up entire grows) so id like to automate the process.

I usually run a seperate veg and flower room, so I would either need 2 grobots (ouch) even tho supposedly they are coming out with a new doser unit for veg room needs like mine, buts its still $1500 which means its still $4500 for that setup, two intellidose setups would run a similar cost.

I dont really need full climate automation like this since lights and fans go on timers easily enough, and almost every new AC/heater/de or humidifiers have digital thermostats on them and a lot of co2 controllers do as well so most of the climate can be controlled on its own without a fancy controller, I just need to figure out how to make the nutes automated, or I can just quit being lazy and say screw it and stick with coir, 50 gallon rez with a garden hose attached to a sump pump in it lol, but some days I cant check on the rooms at all and sometimes when I can I only got 10-20 minutes to do so, so a "set it and forget it" setup would be ideal, I want to set this room up correctly from the get-go this time, auto fill/drain/flush/nutes/ph etc.

any feedback or experiences appreciated.
We have 4 Brand New DOSATRON DI16 proportional injection pumps available for $300 each. You can text me at 647-495-0234. This set up looked to be very good except we have decided to with an automated Ph doser. We have narrowed it down to Intellidose and Bluelabs Ph controller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom