Autopilot CO2 controller problem help

• Thread starter joshjones43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joshjones43

joshjones43

Just finished building my setup and installing everything but 2 lights. My PPM meter read 800 when first installed in my 8x8 sealed shed. After a hour of working in there it read 1500. After a couple of hours of installing my CO2 system it read 2500 ppm!. It’s the AutoPilot CO2 controller. Is it defective or is the ppm naturally building up that high?? Please help. Just sprouted my seeds too

joshjones43

joshjones43

It’s only gone below 1000 ppm once though. Do the plants need to grow to use up the co2 that’s in there to get it to drop below or right at 1000 continuously? My room pretty much averages 1600-1800 ppm. Or Is exhausting the room the only way to get it to really drop down low for when I’m late in flowering?

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

not sure to understand your question
do you use bottled co2 or do you burn some gas ?

when they are small plants will use very few co2, more flower will advance more they will use it, its proportionnal to leaf mass

joshjones43

joshjones43

I use the autopilot 4 burner CO2 generator with liquid propane. Propane tank is outside, everything got sealed up well after and I used yellow sealant on the threads to prevent leaks. I don’t even run it though because my ppm never drops below 1200 usually. I know when the plants get bigger they’ll use up CO2 but I read people saying their rooms drop to 500-800 over night and mine never drops. Maybe I sealed it up a little to well?

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

i also get high levels during night it means your environnement is well sealed
plants dont care

if your not breathing in the room, and you still get more than 1000ppm then your medium must emit some co2
i never turn on the gas the first 3/4weeks (i usually do 10 days grow and then 12/12)
i reuse my rockwool run after run in a hydro setup and root decomposition (nitrification) of the old roots keeps my co2 levels high all the time (around 1000ppm)

you will notice there is nitrification occuring because ph of the solution will drop like crazy(while with veggin plant you should to observe ph climb)

then the clones get bigger and start to flower and then co2 start to drop, when it drops to 500/600 ppm, i turn on the gas (i use pilot flame burner)

what medium do you use ?

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

small rectification, nitrification process do not produce co2, but denitrification does

if you have organic matter in your setup then its normal it produce carbon dioxide
but i aint no expert on that subject, just observations i made

i also read that nitrogen fixation reaction release co2

Last edited:
joshjones43

joshjones43

I’m using Black Golds seedling mix on my seedling and then FFoF with 35% perlite and 10% vermiculite .
So I’m on day 11.. was thinking of doing 30 days in veg at 18/6 and then flipping to flower for about 40 days. My seedling are still to small to transplant into gallon pota

joshjones43

joshjones43

Talked to Aqua Man all afternoon. Suffice to say he’s a life savor. Gave me the DL on a Nute regime and settled several worry’s that I had.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants and microbes respiration producing co2 all the time. When the lights are on and the plants are photosynthesizing they consume it faster than its produced. When the lights go out co2 leaves will rise because the plants are no longer consuming it because they are not performing photosynthesis.

It's not uncommon to see 2500ppm over night depending on plant size and density.

In the first few weeks there is very little total leaf surface area which means very little total photosynthesis and thus no real demand on co2. As foliage increases so does demand on co2 and humidity levels.

joshjones43

joshjones43

Checked on my room like 4 hours before lights out and my CO2 levels dropped down to 600. My plants were probably stunted for a few days too but as for my CO2, I’m not concerned anymore.

Top Bottom