Autopot Nightmares, What's My Next Step.

• Thread starter ThaiDoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThaiDoc

ThaiDoc

I could use some advise. When I lived in CO I grew with Ebb-flow with a tray over reservoir, did very well. Now that I moved, have purchased two Autopot systems each in a tent. First, I have been rather frustrated with the floods and potential floods that occurs if Autopots are not adjusted. I am using clay peddles with the air domes topped with coco in 2gal pots. The veg-growth seem not any better than coco in soft pots. I am accustomed to having richly dark leaves, indicating plenty of nutrient absorption. I am finishing my first cycle with these Autopots. The plants remained a paler green throughout their life and yield will be less, loose budding occurred. While Autopot said the air domes are optional, I found without it I am growing mushrooms not just cannabis. In regards to Autopot I have done everything advised to me & taken thorough steps in its set up as instructed by Autopot.
I know what I would do if money were no object, but it is a concern. I could always go back to soft pots with coco, simple & cheap. But, I am thinking about keeping the Autopot systems for the veg-tent and buying an ebb & flow tray/res. for the bloom tent. The plants are stacked too close together in the dual Autopot trays for blooming anyways. My burning question to the forum, will I have an issue taking plants in pots sitting in nutrients in veg to being on a tray in bloom? I remember the one disadvantage of ebb/flow system was the amount of nutrients used. While it does seem worth it during the frequent bloom feedings, it hardly seems worth it to use all the nutrients in veg. This is one of the reasons I am considering keeping the Autopots for veg, plus I own the PIS system. I only wanted to get a hydroponic system to not have to hand feed, to take a trip somewhere. Your wisdom and insights would is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom