Autos 6 weeks old and not flowering?!? New grower and alone with this, I need support!!

• Thread starter JustLearninGx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Hi everyone, My first grow with Critical purple feminized auto flowers under my Mars hydro ts1000 and I thought they would of flowered by now being on the 6th week..they look great but y are they taking so long..i thought I’d atleast see pistols by now. If I look at the leaves with my digital microscope they look crystally like they want to flower..got the seeds from growers choice seed bank so I’m sure they are what they say they are..any thoughts would greatly appreciate it,

Autos 6 weeks old and not flowering new grower and alone with this i need support
Autos 6 weeks old and not flowering new grower and alone with this i need support 2
iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Could be they are a more photo leaning blend and it will take just a bit longer
Maybe photos?

, or someone didn't put the right seed in the bag altogether.

The bud sites look like they are ready to start popping off to me, but could just be the picture and my foggy eyes. Little more patience. if still nothing in another week, then switch the light cycle sit back and watch

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Good looking girls

they might be photoperiod plants as suggested by Aqua man. Something similar happened to me with 3 plants in a 4x4 set up.
After many years off i decided to rock a 4x4, got myself some feminized 'fast flowering' AK47 seeds. Beeing new to those feminized, fast flower, auto flower seeds i didn't realize fast flower are not auto flower plants, just a term for a fast flowering strain. I originally thought they were auto's so after 5 weeks of veg i started wandering. My plants looked liked yours, i could tell they were ready to pop
Talked to my local nute supply guy and he tells me the news, need to switch them to 12-12...they're photos.
So this is what i have today
They got so big I ended buying a 3x3 and another light. The 4x4 is maxed out for height....
Moral of the story is don't wait too long to switch or they're gonna get too tall for your tent if they're photo's, they will double in height in flowering

Cheers
Happy growing!

20210509 081530
20210603 171632
20210603 172345
20210609 071143 HDR
20210609 070955 HDR
20210609 172847
Panhead59

Panhead59

Good looking girls

they might be photoperiod plants as suggested by Aqua man. Something similar happened to me with 3 plants in a 4x4 set up.
After many years off i decided to rock a 4x4, got myself some feminized 'fast flowering' AK47 seeds. Beeing new to those feminized, fast flower, auto flower seeds i didn't realize fast flower are not auto flower plants, just a term for a fast flowering strain. I originally thought they were auto's so after 5 weeks of veg i started wandering. My plants looked liked yours, i could tell they were ready to pop
Talked to my local nute supply guy and he tells me the news, need to switch them to 12-12...they're photos.
They got so big I ended buying a 3x3 and another light. The 4x4 is maxed out for height....
Moral of the story is don't wait too long to switch or they're gonna get too tall for your tent if they're photo's, they will double in height in flowering

Cheers
Happy growing!

And i ordered (not from same place)photos and got autos. Quality control is definitely lacking. Think about it- the industry is exploding. The $ is obviously in selling seeds. I mean $10 or so a seed !!!! They are making a killing and getting them out the door as fast as possible. A new ad every minute. Gotta research a little for quality seeds, my latest lesson learned.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Look to be going in to flower mode to me. I don’t see the problem. How much flowering are you expecting to see with a 6 week old plant?
None at all, but atleast sum pistols… I just thought autos were a 4-5 week veg .. I’m just gonna wait another week like ppl are suggesting then switch it to 12-12..
Look to be going in to flower mode to me. I don’t see the problem. How much flowering are you expecting to see with a 6 week old plant?

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Good looking girls

Cheers
Happy growing!

Maybe I’m in the same situation as u than.. but I hope not cus the plants are a foot away from the light n top, I have no more room for growth n it’s a 5 foot tall tent …thx for replying

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Could be they are a more photo leaning blend and it will take just a bit longer

, or someone didn't put the right seed in the bag altogether.

The bud sites look like they are ready to start popping off to me, but could just be the picture and my foggy eyes. Little more patience. if still nothing in another week, then switch the light cycle sit back and watch
Yea the do look like they are about to start ..I’ll give it one more week then switch light cycle ..here’s how it looks under microscope

8A1AED20 7F82 42B8 A0CD 04B5FFA5C108
857B78CB 95EF 4E85 B2C1 D09471F9521F
Last edited:
JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

I have a photo plant n I could see pistils coming in on her before I switched the light at 6-7 weeks..now it’s 10-11 weeks

D7BAD56D 3578 49BA 9C86 3A02F8776785
8AC2106A D349 4705 8F2E D7C5DFFFAAB5
1E26028B 4532 44C4 B784 AD565EA15BA3
2FA89052 747D 41A8 9264 1891AEC58791
JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

And i ordered (not from same place)photos and got autos. Quality control is definitely lacking. Think about it- the industry is exploding. The $ is obviously in selling seeds. I mean $10 or so a seed !!!! They are making a killing and getting them out the door as fast as possible. A new ad every minute. Gotta research a little for quality seeds, my latest lesson learned.
That’s a great point, I can see how they could get sloppy with it n label seeds wrong.. I just got more too, I hope these are what they say they are 🤦🏼

quirk

quirk

None at all, but atleast sum pistols… I just thought autos were a 4-5 week veg .. I’m just gonna wait another week like ppl are suggesting then switch it to 12-12..
AnecdotalIy speaking, I grow autos exclusively and had this happen once. I switched to 12/12 and three days later they (2 plants) started flowering and after day 7 at 12/12, I went back to 18/6. Yield and quality wasn't significantly affected.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

AnecdotalIy speaking, I grow autos exclusively and had this happen once. I switched to 12/12 and three days later they (2 plants) started flowering and after day 7 at 12/12, I went back to 18/6. Yield and quality wasn't significantly affected.
So ur saying I can switch to 12-12 to flower them then go back to 18-6 (I do 20-4) and they won’t go back in veg? I’m glad u brought that up cus I was wondering that ty.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

So ur saying I can switch to 12-12 to flower them then go back to 18-6 (I do 20-4) and they won’t go back in veg? I’m glad u brought that up cus I was wondering that ty.
The ruderalis genetic should keep you safe from reveg, if it starts showing pistols i wouldn't bother changing you light cycle, only if nothing progresses

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

The ruderalis genetic should keep you safe from reveg, if it starts showing pistols i wouldn't bother changing you light cycle, only if nothing progresses
Got cha, I noticed them first pop out the dirt on the 27th of April so it’s like right exactly on the 6th week right now, I gotta good feeling I’ll start seeing them pistols start poping this week ..on one of the plants I can see it’s females hairs really good..if nothin this week than I’ll switch the lights up,

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Good looking girls

Cheers
Happy growing!

Ur Aks look amazing dude.. awesome job!

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Well a day later n I think I see pistils coming in…or am I trippen?? 🤔🤦🏼

A69BDA32 C0CB 4181 8519 3075326BB8EE
7C8E2CCE B765 48C6 81CA EB473087E270
8CD19A23 EFCC 42D9 B1D7 BC48B6948715
30C4DB24 3F65 41C7 A8EB 46C0FE80FA07
50573C34 EA36 4AAF B761 D7A7A866A9D1
F7989F00 BCD8 4B94 A701 1C47D9A8761A
TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

No pistils yet on that one looks like new growth to me. New leaves often look like pistils, like a little dart shooting out. If it was mine I'd switch
Back off the nutes a bit, the tips of your leaves on the third picture are yellowing slightly..often sign of over fertilizing

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

No pistils yet on that one looks like new growth to me. New leaves often look like pistils, like a little dart shooting out. If it was mine I'd switch
Back off the nutes a bit, the tips of your leaves on the third picture are yellowing slightly..often sign of over fertilizing
Yes I’ve noticed that the plants have those tips..the pic ur referring to is a plant that’s in living soil and I feed nothing but h20 and a weekly recharge..so I can’t control what it eats?

Roots1972

Roots1972

Hi everyone, My first grow with Critical purple feminized auto flowers under my Mars hydro ts1000 and I thought they would of flowered by now being on the 6th week..they look great but y are they taking so long..i thought I’d atleast see pistols by now. If I look at the leaves with my digital microscope they look crystally like they want to flower..got the seeds from growers choice seed bank so I’m sure they are what they say they are..any thoughts would greatly appreciate it,
Don't feel bad your girls look great just have patience they'll get there. I'm on week 11 and 3 days and she's just starting to show signs of flowering and she's standing at 55" tall

20210728 155640
20210727 223204
20210728 155653

Latest posts

Top Bottom