autos and photos same tent

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i have bag seed and autos in the same tent. they are on 18/6 light. the bag seed are 6 weeks old tomorrow, and the autos are 4 weeks old tomorrow.

i understand that the auto wont be as good if they are on the 12/12 but can do it.

the autos are caramelicious and say "less than 8 weeks till harvest" but most grow diaries have it at about 11 weeks (some are more, like 14 weeks.) so 4 to 10 more weeks maybe (im guessing more like 7-8 weeks more)

so, my question:

is there a point that it wont hurt the autos so much to flip the tent to 12/12 so the bagseed can flower and not veg for two more months?

my biggest issue right now is they are getting quite big, and if they stay in the tent vegging 2 more months they will be very big and im not sure i could accommodate them.

the other option is to create another space. like a 2x4 tent (for the 2 autos) - im sure i would get use of it even after this, but am worried i am diving in too deep too fast (i do that, im told). i could spend about $400 for 2x4 more space (if that is enough for it all). or i could wait, see if i can do this and then invest more (which i am sure is the adult responsible thing... but...)

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

You could take clones of the ones in veg, finish out the autos, then drop the bagseed clones back in the tent? Buuuuuuuut if I had spent 6 weeks growing them I might just buy another tent lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i have bag seed and autos in the same tent. they are on 18/6 light. the bag seed are 6 weeks old tomorrow, and the autos are 4 weeks old tomorrow.

i understand that the auto wont be as good if they are on the 12/12 but can do it.

the autos are caramelicious and say "less than 8 weeks till harvest" but most grow diaries have it at about 11 weeks (some are more, like 14 weeks.) so 4 to 10 more weeks maybe (im guessing more like 7-8 weeks more)

so, my question:

is there a point that it wont hurt the autos so much to flip the tent to 12/12 so the bagseed can flower and not veg for two more months?

my biggest issue right now is they are getting quite big, and if they stay in the tent vegging 2 more months they will be very big and im not sure i could accommodate them.

the other option is to create another space. like a 2x4 tent (for the 2 autos) - im sure i would get use of it even after this, but am worried i am diving in too deep too fast (i do that, im told). i could spend about $400 for 2x4 more space (if that is enough for it all). or i could wait, see if i can do this and then invest more (which i am sure is the adult responsible thing... but...)
I just finished a bunch of Auto's and Photo's at the same time...My first Auto's and some where great others airy but still nice smoke. I went 12/12 once they showed sex...about 3-4 weeks in veg.These auto's went 12/12 at 4 weeks in veg

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
would a 2x2 be big enough for that (2 of the 5 gal bags)? with an xs1500 (150 watt led) and a 4" fan and filter? or for the bag seed (3 of the 3 gal pots). which way would be the better way to go (better being end yield/quality)? the bagseed are unknown and each very different, but the others are "store bought", so my inclination is to treat the ones i paid for somewhat better.

yes, 6 weeks, and if nothing else they have taught me plenty. they helped me learn to water. taught me that light burns! and that the roots can burn if put in soil that is too hot! so, i am not inclined to hurt them, but that is heart not head talking.

another tent would be good down the line for the stages and such. so i am trying to justify the purchase. but i am only 6 weeks into being a farmer, am i going too fast?

thanks @PipeCarver , good to know its possible and not too harmful to yield. i am thinking of doing that, just flip it and see, lol. it would be the smart thing to do!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
would a 2x2 be big enough for that (2 of the 5 gal bags)? with an xs1500 (150 watt led) and a 4" fan and filter? or for the bag seed (3 of the 3 gal pots). which way would be the better way to go (better being end yield/quality)? the bagseed are unknown and each very different, but the others are "store bought", so my inclination is to treat the ones i paid for somewhat better.

yes, 6 weeks, and if nothing else they have taught me plenty. they helped me learn to water. taught me that light burns! and that the roots can burn if put in soil that is too hot! so, i am not inclined to hurt them, but that is heart not head talking.

another tent would be good down the line for the stages and such. so i am trying to justify the purchase. but i am only 6 weeks into being a farmer, am i going too fast?

thanks @PipeCarver , good to know its possible and not too harmful to yield. i am thinking of doing that, just flip it and see, lol. it would be the smart thing to do!
Do you need a " tent " Can you build a box or wood frames? That's what I use to surround my plants and Black out curtains in between the curtain separated rooms. If you have space and don't need to be as self contained as the tents offer. DIY is easier on the pocket book. https://www.thcfarmer.com/profile/955066/ https://www.thcfarmer.com/profile/947587/ https://www.thcfarmer.com/profile/1078478/

Habosabin

Habosabin

I would imagine If you maintained the DLI in the 12 hour schedule the autos would grow the same size as if they were on 20 on the lower wattage.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Just flip and let it ride. I've got the same thing going on , by mistake. They will finish up at different times but so what. Patience is a virtue.

Top Bottom