Autos are Bastuds in Coco!

• Thread starter SeedyScene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeedyScene

SeedyScene

Supporter
I'm a new grower and have chosen coco for my medium. Here's what I've discovered: For this new grower, growing autos in coco was a dumb idea. These bastuds are not at all forgiving in coco, which makes it exponentially harder for me to have success as a new grower. I've even come across a few experienced coco growers online who switch to soil whenever they grow autos. I'm still learning the basics of coco and diagnosing plants. So I've started a photoperiod grow to make my life a whole lot easier.

Lesson Learned.

DanC520

DanC520

I'm a new grower and have chosen coco for my medium. Here's what I've discovered: For this new grower, growing autos in coco was a dumb idea. These bastuds are not at all forgiving in coco, which makes it exponentially harder for me to have success as a new grower. I've even come across a few experienced coco growers online who switch to soil whenever they grow autos. I'm still learning the basics of coco and diagnosing plants. So I've started a photoperiod grow to make my life a whole lot easier.

Lesson Learned.
Idk your method, so can’t opine on that. But I’m running autos on my 3rd grow and no major issues so far (fingers crossed). I’d say primary lesson from other grows that informed this one is keeping medium moist / high frequency watering. Coco is forgiving imo. Can quickly adjust to the plant’s needs. But it’s an active experience, especially if hand watering.

dbrzz

dbrzz

Lesson Learned.
20973FA5 243B 4F7E 8258 D88976FF3661
Cococoir 70/30 perlite, Jacks pure and simple nutrients, spiderfarmer SF4000 led, 78 temp humidity 58%, feed nutes every watering event @6.1PH and water till I have a 5-10% runoff. These 2 are 3weeks since sprouting Jack Herer autos. Cococoir works well if you maintain runoff.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Sounds like you made a lot of rookie mistakes and are blaming the Coco for them 😂
I had a great 1st grow experience with coco and am of course loving coco because of it 🙃

Habosabin

Habosabin

Autos are not forgiving in any medium IMO. No recovery time. Seedling stage is paramount for a decent harvest.

william76

william76

Yea,correct,sounds like a bad workman blaming his tools!,coco is the shit whatever ur growing,76

Latest posts

Top Bottom