AUTOS IN COCO NEED ADVICE

• Thread starter AutoHead420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AutoHead420

AutoHead420

So I'm at work, my beans arrived as well as the organic nutrients from down to earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-2. I've decided my ratios and added in about 15 percent EWC in with the coco and perlite mix. Some bat guano high nitrogen, sea bird, kelp meal , alfalfa and a little extra bone, added mycorrhizae to the soil and a beneficial bacteria inoculant for the mix. As well as some elemtal cal mag to the soil to provide for what the medium lacks. Now what im pondering on it the ph range of the water. I will be doing a compost tea from boogie brew every week or so to keep the environment prosperous. The ph bothers me because I've spent countless hours researching and there's 2 types of people, there's the "its not possible to grow organic in coco" and the people that love and prosper with it. Now with that being said is the ph between 5.8-6.2 or 6.5-6.8. Watering with no runoff will allow me to keep the organic nutrients and bio life in the medium. The answer i don't want is its not possible because from the results of some of the farmers here prove it most certainly is. I will be top dressing about halfway through the life cycle 4 weeks in. Another preference question i ask is light cycle is 18-6 or straight 24 more beneficial to autos. This will be my first indoor grow after 8 months of research on the subject. Still the battle between opinions no ones style is the same. Im just looking for a little baseline help, room temp for autos, and the light cycle. Since I've had good outdoor success with photo plants . Im starting this new venture.

New member, and greatly appreciate any help, thanks for reading. And thank you for anyone taking the time to reply
-AutoHead420

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

15% earth worm castings is way to much, it's really high in nitrogen for small plants.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Even with the castings rated for 1-0-0 ? And the math breaks down to around 12 % now that I did it on paper.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If it's your first coco grow maybe it would be an idea to start with simpler liquid nutrients, I'm only finishing my first grow (week 14 now) and I have used Canna nutrients with great success, they cost a bit more than most other brands but to me it has been worth it.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Thanks for the advice, I do as well have the whole fox farms and the full gh line ill set up 4 with the dry amendments and try it out and 4 with bottle nutes side by side. Now will the ph of the water vary between bottle nutes and dry amendments? I figure if you have to treat the coco as soil less it would be 5.5. To 6.2 correct ?

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

@JSH1973 so you got me thinking I already have amended coco do ill run 4 original glue auto phd water to 5.9 , boogie brew once a week as well as recharge every other than phd water in-between. And I have a few bags of happy frog ill run with the fox farm line phd to 6.5 with 4 original glue auto as well. I have a 6 site dwc that I will utilize the following round for my grease monkey and skunk 1 photo periods. But for this one I'd like to see the side by side. The coco and amendments idea was from a somewhat educated YouTuber we all know so id like to call his bluff if it doesn't work as I've set up a completely mirrored environment. Should I run the fox at 1/4 strength every water or is there any better recommendations. My past experience with happy frog shows that the soil has enough for a few weeks so should I wait to feed or proceed from the start. My last grow I waited 2 weeks until just after the first set of true leaves

Top Bottom