Average loss?

• Thread starter Tavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tavin

I’m new to both the cannabis and edible world. I don’t like smoking and prefer the experience of ingesting. I love to cook and I’m pretty good at it so I decided to start making my own.

I recently bought a Ardent FX and am learning both the best way to use it and how to make the most accurate calculations.

I just infused a cup of butter for the first time and I ended up with just over a third of a cup at the end. I poured the material over a fine sieve with cheese cloth on top.
I let it sit for a couple minutes then squeezed the cloth until it felt compact and nearly dry. I set the collected butter aside. Then I put the material still in the cloth into a different bowl and microwaved it for about 20 seconds to make sure any remaining butter was still in a liquid state. Then placed it back on the sieve, pressed it hard and got nothing.
Is this level of loss normal or have I most likely screwed up somewhere?

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Made a batch of oil yesterday. I fill pint jars to the fill line, avg of 500g. Decarb then cook in a double boiler. Had company stop by so yesterdays batch cooked longer and came out a tad bit dark. Yield from each batch was 470 - 480 grams each
Oil

T

Tavin

Made a batch of oil yesterday. I fill pint jars to the fill line, avg of 500g. Decarb then cook in a double boiler. Had company stop by so yesterdays batch cooked longer and came out a tad bit dark. Yield from each batch was 470 - 480 grams eachView attachment 1201082
Thank you. When I did oil my loss was about the same as yours. I expected greater loss with butter but definitely didn’t expect to loose 2/3 of my butter. I’m going to do another batch today to see what the loss looks like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom