Awful problem, please help

• Thread starter oahno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oahno

oahno

I'm growing in 7 gallon coco pots, straight coco. Not my first trip around the coco block, it's all flushed and things were going great for first 2 months of Veg. Tried other sites but most seem clueless, seems like theres quite a few coco growers on here. Hope you guys can help because they are getting bad insanely quick.

6 days ago the plants were 1 day overdue from being watered due to my stupidity. To compensate I figured I would flush them with straight water to about 1/4 runoff. I usually do not water/feed to runoff much at all. I used straight Ph'd tap water but it took quite a significant amount of PH down to get it to about 5.8 PH.

Overnight they showed major signs of overwatering, and instantly started yellowing and dropping the bottom most leaves. The overwatering gradually went away but over the next 5 days (the amount of time it took to dry out since they were recently repotted from 3 gallons) the plants did not get much better and were getting gradually worse.

Yesterday I watered them with 4 ml each Aqua Flakes A & B, .5 ml Roots XLerator and 2 ml of CAMG+ from General Organics. It took quite a significant amount of PH Up now to get it into range, about 2 or 2.5 ml of ph up per gallon. I gave them my usual amount of watering about a gallon a piece. Looking back I realize this was very stupid and the reason I needed so much was most definitely the CAMG+ in there. Aqua Flakes itself seems super easy to ph by itself.

Anyway now they went from bad to absolutely horrible literally overnight. At the rate they are yellowing and dropping leaves now the plants will be dead inside of a week. I tested a bit of runoff from a handful of coco off the top of 3 seperate pots just now. The runoff tested at around 200 ppm and 6.9-7.0 PH. I used straight RO water at 0 ppm & around 8.0 PH to test the runoff. The low ppm could be attributed to grabbing just a bit of mostly dry coco off the top of the pots, but what do I know.

I have available to me Pure blend pro grow, CAMG+ from General organics, Liquid Karma, Aqua Flakes A & B, Roots Xlerator & even great white myco at my disposal if that helps anyone give me a recipe of what to do.

Anyway this is where I am at right now and as you can tell from the pictures, they are in dire straits. Please Please Please help me I am in your hands Breedbay community. Anyone who can help me turn this situation around will earn my love and respect for life, if you want it that is.

What should I do?

THANK YOU!

Awful problem please help
Awful problem please help 2
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
You need to get your mediums PH in the proper range. It's hard for me to tell with those pictures but if you flushed and all that is happening is the plant is yellowingI would say you washed your N away. What I would do is flush until your runoff coming out of your pot is in the 5.8-6.1 range. This will ensure that there is no toxic salt buildups in your coco, and allows you to clean the slate per se. Then I would give a well rounded feeding with some Roots Ex, and whatever your regular veg mix is. I don't have first hand with your nutes so it's hard to mix for you lol. But yeah Other considerations are Strain, Starting PH/PPM of tap and it's source(ie well,RO machine,good tap,bad tap). How old are your bottles of nutes? You may have locked up your plants with one to a million variables. I would just say get your ph in the proper range, and give a good 3/4-full nute solution, to your standards, and keep your environment as perfect as possible. I put my plants on bricks and run my clearing agent solution at 5.8 ph and about 300 ppm due to my tap being 250 ppm/ph 7. I put a beer cup under the drain holes and record the difference in ppm/ph calculating how off it is. Now adjust until your results are in the "range" then feed at your 5.8 ph with your mixes ppms recorded and collect it again and compare. Coco usually flushes fairly easily. From the pics you seem to have approx. 60/40 coco mix to perlite so it's hard to over water properly draining soilless mix IME. Start here and watch for the color to adjust. If it's not N its Iron. Let's see what others think.

Cheers,
Crom

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

when was the last time you calibrated or changed the batteries in your meter?
the only reason I ask is because that is a LOT of PH up to be putting into a single gallon of water bro.....

also, next time you flush, just flush with a mild to medium nutrient mix instead of straight water.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

what they said lol

get that great white in there asap, should help your plants handle the bad ph better
any chlorine in your water? check the container but with aqua flakes im pretty sure ur just supposed to use ro
i used the general organics line outside last year on one plant. the line was free and i wouldnt take this stuff again. Botanicare CalMg+ is was i use. i see alot of people using just calcium as well

oahno

oahno

great white should be in there but i can mix in some more. i only use ro water. the only time i used tap was for the straight water flush because it just wasn't feasible to make that much ro water in the time i needed it. and yes i evaporated the chlorine first.

i know the ph up was out of control and i should have thought twice but sometimes i make stupid mistakes and i don't know why. i tested the meter a couple of days ago and it seems to be working properly, goes to 7.0 in the 7.0 solution and measures the tap and everything else correctly. i will recalibrate it though just to be sure also i bought a little hand tester kit i will double check it again.

my ppms were at about 600-700 in the last feeding but the more i think and worry about it i think you are right the ph up probably locked everything up and made them head south.

i really don't want to flush again unless i absolutely have to, they don't seem to like it at all. they were recently repotted from 3 gallons to 7 gallons of b'cuzz coco and it is quite pithy so they get bad overwatering symptoms. the classic drooping, it went away as the pots dried out.

i watered a few of the plants that are the heaviest feeders just now with 10 ml pbp grow and 5 ml camg+ and nothing else. this is what i consider the full veg nutes so we will see what happens. the ph was at about 4.6 or so but the b'cuzz seems to buffer it up to 7.0 no matter how much you flush it. we will see what happens to these few overnight and if they show signs of getting better i will hit the rest of them with the same thing tomorrow.

please keep the help coming and especially if anyone has grown in bcuzz coco before. i have heard nothing but good things and all was well until a week ago grrrr.

oahno

oahno

nope, temps 72-78 humidity at 55-60. definitely a problem at root level.

Top Bottom