Azatrol/Azamax

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steel Erection

Took a trip out west and picked up a few babies. I quarantined them for a month and they showed no signs of any hitchhikers. About a week after I moved them to my mother room I see signs of the dreaded mite. I'm gonna have these things forever...like herpes. Can anyone tell me the correct dosage for Azatrol. I need the dosage for a foliar as well as a systemic (want to run it in my res). Thanks S E

SammyFarmer

SammyFarmer

Sorry to hear that..

check out a product called "Take Down Garden Spray" by a company called Monterey. I have used with great results, kills adults and babies.
I use the Azatrol & Take Down with a couple of days in between.

If possible dip the clones / teens in the Take Down solution .. Also spray the medium.

Dont have the dosage for Azatrol right here though, sorry.

Good luck with it!

Rushoe

Rushoe

Azatrol/Azamax This stuff don't work all that great I guess it does if u spray them every few days for a while but there are way better options out there if u are in veg azmite I think is one of them I am not sure if thats the correct spelling but its got something with the word "mite" in it floramite some shit like that.Good luck bro

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i use it at 20-25 ml a gal.. works great if you spray it every three days... i dont use the drench...good luck

S

Steel Erection

Thanks for the responses. The guy at the store said to run it in my res at 1.25 ml a gallon and 2-5 ml a gallon for a foliar. I am also going to pick up some sns 217 and maybe some Floramite or something else. They didn't seem to like Organicide. SE

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

azamax is one of the stonger sprays, so if this stuff doesnt kill them its b/c the grower before you was using it and they developed a tolerance to it
alot of people do a azamax/neem/pyrethium plan and rotate between them
unless you got something in your rez you should be safe not putting it in there
and you also must spray the azamax every 3 day for 3 uses to kill 3 generations of mites(this way you will get them all for sure)
sammy was right on with the dipping, i dip everything that goes into my rooms
you can overspray, most people do once every two weeks
foggers also work amazing with this stuff
rushoe must have had a bad experience with this stuff cuz most people consider it THE product for mite killing

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree azamax has worked well for me. I use it as a preventive spray before I get bugs. I actually had spidermites once in the last 20 cycles. I spray every 7 days or so until first signs if flowers appear. I use it at max reccomended dosage of 2ounces per gallon. It will burn the shit out of pistils at this strength. I wont spray anything on a bud. Not trading clones, keeping your room clean, sterilizing everything between crops, no pets, no visitors in your room, proper enviroment, and routinely treating your moms and vegging plants, switching between azamax and floramite every month. Thats how I eliminated the problems I had. Maybe Im lucky but Ive never had pm. Thrips and spidermites have caused me problems in the past.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

As far as azamaz systemic Ive only used it for thrips. I only did this once in a GH aeroflo. 12 hrs before a res change I dumped in 12oz azamax into about thrty gallons and let it run, drained and changed res reapeated three weeks. Combined with foliar sprays took care of my problem.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ive never used avid Sea, good stuff? Tell us more about your experience with it, please.

S

Steel Erection

Thanks all for your responses. I used it as a foliar in the mother room at 2 oz a gallon. It knocked em back pretty well. But I do see signs still. I ordered floramite and hopefully that will kill em for sure then I will spray the azatrol weekly as a preventative and hit em once a month with floramite until I'm sure they are all gone. I also ran it in my res, I don't think I will do that again.

Mitten
I keep my place clean. I change my clothing and shoes when I enter the premises. Had absolutely no problems till I brought the babies home from out west. What a nightmare. If I ever get a new cut I will quarantine it for months all the while treating as it was infected. SE

J

Jsän

oh yeah .....

Avid shouldn't be available in Cali (maybe all the US) anymore. I know they were planning on restricting its use in Canada, to Ornamentals only

its been proven to be a GABBA blocker in humans.. and lowers the immune system.

Not good for patients.
search for Avid, Hayward, California.

Keep it green.

MORE INFO INCOMING ...i am out in the yard.

EDIT2

What i meant to say is, Avid is no longer available in the USA. It was found to build up in the body of MMJ patients through repeated exposure. It is still available through some Canadian suppliers but, is to be used only on Ornamentals. ie.. not fit for humans..

i use a cycle of Azamax/ Spinosad/ Pyrethrum. (soil) ..it seems to be working. Brought home a nasty bitch from a club. wifes first trip and "just had to save something" :devil

OP~ sorry for the hijack. here is the Hydro/Areo dilution table st8 from azamax.

.1% .2% .4% .6% .8%

1gal= .14fl oz .25floz .5 .8 1.0
5gal= .7 1.3 2.5 4.0 5.0
10gal 1.4 2.6 5.0 8.0 10.0

application interval 7-14days

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

A few months back all my Mom's got ravaged. I fed them Azatrol for 21 days and then hit them with Floramite. No more mite's.

I got this info from BGHydro.

Anti-feedant Activity
Azatrol has primary, secondary and tertiary anti-feedant activity. Azatrol acts on the‘taste’ receptors in the insect’s mouth, stimulating deterrent neurons and inhibiting attractant neurons. The result is that the insects starve or just nibble for survival before they die. Insects which require more specific plant foods are more susceptible to this primary anti-feedant activity.

Azatrol affects the movement of food through the insect’s digestive system. Food stays in the gut so feeding is suppressed. Thus, the secondary anti-feedant activity disrupts normal feeding behavior, also contributing to the starvation of the insect.

The tertiary anti-feedant activity of Azatrol affects digestion through inhibition of digestive enzymes.

What this means to your insect control program: Insects fail to damage plants and ultimately starve to death.

S

Steel Erection

Celtic, You gave them azamax for 21 days? How did you apply and in what doses? SE

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

A few months back all my Mom's got ravaged. I fed them Azatrol for 21 days and then hit them with Floramite. No more mite's.

I got this info from BGHydro.

Anti-feedant Activity
Azatrol has primary, secondary and tertiary anti-feedant activity. Azatrol acts on the‘taste’ receptors in the insect’s mouth, stimulating deterrent neurons and inhibiting attractant neurons. The result is that the insects starve or just nibble for survival before they die. Insects which require more specific plant foods are more susceptible to this primary anti-feedant activity.

Azatrol affects the movement of food through the insect’s digestive system. Food stays in the gut so feeding is suppressed. Thus, the secondary anti-feedant activity disrupts normal feeding behavior, also contributing to the starvation of the insect.

The tertiary anti-feedant activity of Azatrol affects digestion through inhibition of digestive enzymes.

What this means to your insect control program: Insects fail to damage plants and ultimately starve to death.

i was just told "it makes them retarded". i like this explanation alot more

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I mixed it into my res and fed it to them everyday. I think the application rate was 1 to 2 oz per 20 gallons of nutrient solution. At the time I was feeding all my girls Mother Plant. I just mixed up a batch of nutrients, then mixed the azatrol to some RO water, then mixed the two. I fed this to my girls everyday for 21 days then I gave them a foliar with Floramite and haven't seen a mite since.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Azatrol works great BUT you have to be religious about reapplication. Without mites every other week at 5 ml per gallon. With mites every 4 to 7 day at 7 to 20 ml for 2 months or more. More is not always better. At 400 bucks a gallon I try to be very sparing with this stuff. Even when you think they are gone keep spraying them. Mites aint shit if you use azatrol/azamax. Bout the easiest thing to get rid of once I really stuck to a schedule and didnt miss a single spray. You just have to be patient. I too at first thought "hey it almost killed them but not totally." Once you get it down it will kill anything*

*anything except the half retarded fucking root aphids!

edit: almost forgot rez at 15ml a gallon.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ive never used avid Sea, good stuff? Tell us more about your experience with it, please.
Once and done. I would ONLY use it in veg and I absolutely use all PPE and follow all precautions. Far less expensive than going after them repeatedly with Azatrol/Azamax, which have proven themselves to be Band-Aids at best (at best), expensive ones at worst.

Rotating treatments is extremely important with the Borg, they have great resistance to many things.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Azatrol is 100% organic. That gives me piece of mind. Wont build a tolerance to it. Thats why I use it as a preventive.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Azamax is organic but it is still nasty shit. I hope you don't think it's healthy because it's organic .

Top Bottom