Back In The Game - 2x600w In A Tent

• Thread starter Eli Bloom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If your serious about this, which I think you are.
(Mitsubishi makes one of the best) A mini split would be ideal for you. And it easily incorporates into the building of a dedicated grow room if you ever get tired of tents.
Portable ACs suck for efficient cooling, eating way too much power and forcing you to exhaust. With a mini split you can seal your tents and add co2.

Just my two cents.

Peace

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

If your serious about this, which I think you are.
(Mitsubishi makes one of the best) A mini split would be ideal for you. And it easily incorporates into the building of a dedicated grow room if you ever get tired of tents.
Portable ACs suck for efficient cooling, eating way too much power and forcing you to exhaust. With a mini split you can seal your tents and add co2.

Just my two cents.

Peace

Yeah I'm running sealed with co2 right now but want to be able to keep it up year round.

How would you hang a mini split in a tent? Does the unit or weight too much to hang it from the frame? Will the outdoor unit work okay outdoors in the winter or will I have issues with that?

Also my wife will kill me if I buy a mitsu mini split for my grow tent before I get one for the rest of the house but that's a personal problem :)

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Also do you need to get a qualified HVAC technician to install a mini split or is it something I can do?

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Just saw that you can get 12k btu mini splits for like $675. I could swing that and it should be enough for my 4x8!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Just saw that you can get 12k btu mini splits for like $675. I could swing that and it should be enough for my 4x8!
Make sure you research the shit out of the model of mini split . And pre plan how to mount it securely without risking the integrity of the tent. Ask yourself what a tent failure would do? I'm only suggesting the mini-split to you because you seem very proficient. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner in a tent. If it were me I would put the side of the tent that I want the mini split on ,against a wall ,and I would mount my mini split to the wall right through the tent.
$675 seems pretty cheap, be careful.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If you have a quality mini split you could run 2 1000 watt lights easily in a 4x8.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm in the same boat. Way too many MS choices. But most are junk. Mitsubishi always gets recommended a lot of growers sites. Some are plug n play, precharged lines. Some need an hvac guy to come out. I live in a med state. My 1 and only hvac guy that comes over always talks about me upgrading my 14k portable ac for a Mini-split. My setup works, but a MS would be more efficient. I use 20# co2 in 7 days at 1000ppm due to having a portable ac.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Also do you need to get a qualified HVAC technician to install a mini split or is it something I can do?
Yes, you want an HVAC to do the install. In some mini splits, you have to release the refrigerant inside of it as part of setup (its this way for safety reasons). This requires gauges and knowing how to use them. Better to be safe than sorry with a piece of equipment like this or it will just destroy itself

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

Middle of week 5 here. One of my lights went out Monday night and I was out of town from Tuesday morning until tonight.

Just hung up a T5 for tonight and I'm going to grab a new bulb tomorrow.

Hopefully that didn't stress the plants under that light too hard!

IMG 3138
IMG 3135
Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

You can get precharged line sets and u can do the mini yourself
You need to be just a little handy to make it work
Hb
Awesome - I was not too stoked on the idea of having an HVAC technician out for my grow, even if it is legal.

Do you have any experience with mini splits? Are any of the cheaper brands good or is Mitsubishi that much more reliable/efficient that it's worth the extra dough?

hiboy

hiboy

Awesome - I was not too stoked on the idea of having an HVAC technician out for my grow, even if it is legal.

Do you have any experience with mini splits? Are any of the cheaper brands good or is Mitsubishi that much more reliable/efficient that it's worth the extra dough?
I have several but needed hvac assembly
Gree is priced well and actually makes most of the units with different names on them
Hb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Love this Mini-split talk. Really need to upgrade to one. Has to be less operating costs vs my 14k portable, and work a hell.of a lot better.

hiboy

hiboy

Love this Mini-split talk. Really need to upgrade to one. Has to be less operating costs vs my 14k portable, and work a hell.of a lot better.

Such a big difference between portables
When a portable says 14 it's really only like six they just don't do it you'll be so happy if you upgrade to a mini they are beautiful things
Hb

Top Bottom