Backyard grass looks albino (powdery mildew)---my plants are OK now, but what to do?

• Thread starter MerryJane22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Hi all,
I've raced to the finish line with my last two outdoor grows----I've gotten mildew in the last stages of flower and ended up dousing a few plants with milk solution, etc etc. I've been fortunate to eradicate it & my yields have been pretty good.

This year I planned to avoid that problem.....but here it is in SPRING 😳 and the tall grass behind my backyard is just loaded with PM. How should I treat this situation?

I just sprayed copious amounts of neem solution (neem, water & Castile soap). A strong mix. But I'm thinking I'll need more.......much more.......to avoid this crap. Any advice? I'm off to Menards now to buy some sulphur (and I'll ask the clerk advice also) but since there are other cannabis farmers here.....may be a better place for advice?

THANKS IN ADVANCE......powdery mildew has been the bane of my cannabis existence so far 💔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I wouldn’t worry PM is pretty specific to the species of plants it infects. Meaning there are different varieties of PM that infect specific groups of plants. I cant say for sure but i can say it’s unlikely imho. If it did cross over would have been likely to have already done so by how advanced it is in your description

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Can you weed whack the tall grass down and dispose of it, then spray? Or is it not your property?
I am dying to.......but like the fellow said below you, I was worried about sending it into the air. I wanted to knock it down HARD and then mow it all down.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Weed wacking may put a lot of PWM in the air
Yup, exactly my concern......although based on what Aquaman just said, I may do it today anyway and keep it super short !

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

I wouldn’t worry PM is pretty specific to the species of plants it infects. Meaning there are different varieties of PM that infect specific groups of plants. I cant say for sure but i can say it’s unlikely imho. If it did cross over would have been likely to have already done so by how advanced it is in your description
OK......as I continued reading yesterday (until my eyeballs were bright red 🙄) I realized there are several strains and. this one isn't likely my culprit. But of course ANYTHING WHITE on the leaves of my babies (not girls yet, I still am playing them classical lullabies at night, lol) and I just freak......the last two falls were hella exciting (and not in the good way).

I just saw another reply you'd made to someone regarding this issue----about Southern AG. I have some on hand here and I've decide to alternate that with neem as a preventative, Maybe even do a baking soda spray here & there?

I've also given the kids their first silica meal and will continue that (to make them stronger) and also had a little neem cake and D.E. (diamataceous earth in case anyone is reading) on top of soil to water in. I'm trying very very hard this year to do absolutely everything I can to minimize the possible damage.

I wish they'd drink more !!! I transplanted them into 2 gallon containers on the 25th and haven't needed to water yet (doing the pot swing test I can feel momentum in the containers mid section) and the moisture meter tells me there are pockets of moisture in there (I made 4 separate holes for the moisture meter on sides of pots to ensure a decent look at it). If I could just get them bigger & stronger.....tick tock.

Thanks everyone ! gonna use the Southern AG at 5 am so it's dry by lights on......happy growing !

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Oh......these are the kids this year. Thought I'd introduce you all as I'll be a staple here thru growing season. I'm just a backyard farmer growing enough for my own enjoyment (and that of friends) not a commercial enterprise :)

This year I've started 6 photos (days of autos are behind me---I find photos to be more resilient and obviously more fruitful, lol). Some of the 4 tangerine dreams are probably males, but then I have a Sunshine and a Purple Kush which are both supposedly female also). Kind of hoping I cull down to 3 strong plants....beasts that can withstand a Michigan fall 🤞

Screen Shot 2022 05 25 at 43141 AM
Top Bottom