Backyard Greenhouse...

• Thread starter stiffneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stiffneck

stiffneck

Here is my second crop this year. These plants were flowered out this past spring and then put into the ground to reveg for a summer run. Some days I still have slight condensation on the inside of the GH. Besides ventalation is there another tip or trick? I have heard of having a vent strip that runs along the top ridge... anybody have any good cheap ideas. :)
Backyard greenhouse
Backyard greenhouse
Backyard greenhouse 2

Backyard greenhouse 3
Backyard greenhouse 4
M

MamaBear

If you get condensation, it's way too humid! You're hitting the dew point in there.
Where you at? I mean, what's the outside temps and humidity there?
If you got dry outside, humid inside, put in more vents.
If you got humid outside and inside, get a good de-humidifier.
In either case, you need more fans. Those girls should be dancing all the time.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Thanks MomaBear. Last year I had Drips coming off the inside poly... Not enough air movement at all last year....

In San Diego so we are pretty mild here....

What I did and it seems to have fixed the issue is to put a vent about 1 foot by three foot on the top ridge.... I also added another box fan.... So now there are Two box fans, One small blower fan for exhaust and two directional fans blowing on the canopy.... At first I had both box fans exhausting air OUT.... there was still a very small film of condensation... just a bit... but I took one of those box fans and am now bringing outside air in.... This seems to have helped greatly.... So now the inside temp is closer to the outside temp....

Yep..... those Girls are always in motion....

That's why condensation happens right? Temperature difference too great from outside to inside
21868238 1675478839143484 497378620 o
?

21845729 1675479172476784 1173133341 o
21868033 1675479012476800 543273046 o
stiffneck

stiffneck

Looks nice and 91% light penetration is pretty good. It's a bit pricey compared with your cheap HD 6 mil but if it does in fact last 4 years and has anti-condensation properties it would be worth it...

This is the second year for this greenhouse and adjustments here and there are getting us closer to a desired environment. Plants seem pretty happy in there... :)
I have considered just covering the greenhouse with insect netting materiel to let it breath a bit more. I also saw some type of other stuff that's like woven poly but will breathe....
We plan on building a bigger greenhouse next year in another spot in our backyard for a vegetable aquaponic system so we are trying out what will work best...

:)

stiffneck

stiffneck

haha... I am sure it's been done before.... The only plants I didn't take clones from were the Black Destroyer ( Black Domina x AK-47). I should have because they are super resinous and sticky... hash making stuff.... I guess I could put some lights out there and reveg them again....

stiffneck

stiffneck

There is an aquaponic system in our future. I was hoping to incorporate a waterfall into the design of the system as I love the sound of running water/waterfalls...
It's funny how cannabis gardening opens you up to other kinds of gardening interests...

stiffneck

stiffneck

Not sure how but got a couple bud worms in the GH... I made a comment somewhere the other day how I have zero problems with the cats since I put up the GH... I should have kept my mouth shut! Plants are pretty far along but gave them a light spray of Bt... going to give buildasoil a call and see about predator insects for the cabbage butterfly...

Latest posts

Top Bottom