Bad Drooping/curling Of Leaves Help

• Thread starter NoScope209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoScope209

So i got my plants in 15 gallons and they responded so nicely. New growth was coming in good and all was well until yesterday. I noticed leaves started to curl in and droop so I thought it's been really hot this passed week I'll water. Well now it's just gotten worse. I'm feeding biobizz fish mix and grow 2ml/L of each. My autoflower is unaffected.

Bad droopingcurling of leaves help
Bad droopingcurling of leaves help 2
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Have u been letting your soil dry out between watering?15 gallons is a bit big for an auto.it will take that amount of soil a long time to dry out without a big root system to help dry it.if your roots are in permanently wet soil without a dry period your roots could rot.

Reactions: Ina
N

NoScope209

Have u been letting your soil dry out between watering?15 gallons is a bit big for an auto.it will take that amount of soil a long time to dry out without a big root system to help dry it.if your roots are in permanently wet soil without a dry period your roots could rot.
My auto isn't in a 15 gallon it's in a 7 gallon. I knew they needed water as their containers were quite light. I watered after 5 days from the previous one. I was able to lift them half off the ground which is impossible when wet. I literally did nothing to them and this droop came along.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

7 gallons still kinda big for an auto.have the roots popped out the bottom o the pots yet?once u see roots out the drainage holes u know it's rooted through.
What kinda soil u using?It's not bio bizz is it?I like bio bizz nutes but I detest they'r soil.

N

NoScope209

7 gallons still kinda big for an auto.have the roots popped out the bottom o the pots yet?once u see roots out the drainage holes u know it's rooted through.
What kinda soil u using?It's not bio bizz is it?I like bio bizz nutes but I detest they'r soil.
Not using biobizz soil. It's a mix I made of potting soil coco peat compost and perlite in a 50/20/20/10 ratio. Since it's affecting all 3 plants all I can think of is something like heat stress but it gets to only like 30°c

fishbuds

fishbuds

I am always hesitant to give advice on these forums. But, i can see a couple of possible pitfalls here.

Have you grown to harvest in this mix before?
If so, give more deets on transplanting schedule, watering, etc...you may just be missing something you did well before. Teas?

If not, and this is a new mix for you, or you are new to soil growing:
As a disciple of the vermi's, my thing is i see no ewc, for a soil grow. And i see nutrients added to a soil grow. So, these are two things i dont do, so my advice may be suspect for you, but thats my $0.02.

Lastly, i see no mention of xtra airation to compensate for the compost. Pots need insane airation.

Wishing you good vibes in the New year season,

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Too much Nitrogen can cause leaf curling and the look like it needs water. I would cut back on feeding for the next week or two and see what the new growth looks like...the leaves that are already affected might not recover but new growth should show the results first.

Madbud

Madbud

Probably what the roots look like too if the planters are in direct sun. If its that hot, wrap the pots in wet towels. And like he said, aeration.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Not using biobizz soil. It's a mix I made of potting soil coco peat compost and perlite in a 50/20/20/10 ratio. Since it's affecting all 3 plants all I can think of is something like heat stress but it gets to only like 30°c
10% permits isn't really enough in my personal opinion.im not saying that's what's causing your drooping but in my experience u need at least 25% perlite to even make it worth putting in.

N

NoScope209

I think the bottom isn't drying out properly. There's nothing wrong with my soil mix as freedom farm soil has only 10% perlite and it's the only thing local growers use. I will lift them with bricks so they can get air at the bottom

fishbuds

fishbuds

my guess is, the local growers add perlite, rice hulls, lava rock, etc... nothing out of a bag seems to be good to go with zero assistance.

N

NoScope209

I lifted them up off the ground and they were still wet at the bottom from the water 3 days before. I think this is where my problem lies. We will see over the next few days if some leaves recover

Top Bottom