Bad Parent needs help quick! Anyone know what this could be?

• Thread starter ProbChild
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProbChild

ProbChild

I can see some white powder on leaves I assume this is powdery mildew. Baking soda solution??
The browning I am really unsure of. It looks like nitrogen deficiency to me but I am unsure.
I put this plant in some Miracle Grow Potting Soil 0.21-0.11-0.16 about a month ago. Seemed real happy and grew fast.
Now I am getting this.

- have not added any nutrients since.
- had the soil go bone dry once two weeks ago but after the yellowing had started.
- watering every two days since.
- 18/6 light/dark cycle.
- 75% humidity
- temp @ 23C/74F

Anyone out there with advice?

thanks.

Probchild
freezeland2

freezeland2

Yes you have PM and miracle grow is shit soil for Cannabis. I use lost Coast Plant therapy to keep PM at bay. You can also use 50/50 milk and water as I understand. I have never used that formulation myself so can’t attest to the results it will give.

I’d get some better soil and possibly a larger pot to transplant to. I’d also remove all those yellow leafs. They won’t recover.

Anthem

Anthem

Keep the plant.

Day 1. Spray the plant with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Let dry, spray rinse.
Day 3. Spray the plant with a Milk/Water mix of 50/50 Vitamin D while milk, not 2% or lofat.
Day 5, Repeat day 1.

This should get rid of all of it and the plant will still be useable.
To far gone and not even in flower. Once they get like that the stuff will just keep popping up about every 7 to 9 days

elduderito

elduderito

seems like there is a debate whether or not PM is systemic.... the fact that it's debatable still kinda hints that it's a royal pain in the ass to eliminate ... I feel the best option is to eliminate the plant/host, clean your grow space and use preventative measures moving forward.....

ProbChild

ProbChild

Thanks for all your help. I am loath to kill it as it is the only one I have.
I could move the plant to another space to treat it.
As far as cleaning the space if I clear it out then run a sonic mister loaded with a bottle of H2O2 for a couple days be effective? I have a good recirculation fan should get it everywhere.
I think the PM came in from the squash plants next door.
I will try recover follow up in a few days.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
just for fun...
you might take the healthiest bit and get a clone, dip it and start it rooting in a clean area. just in case...
the clone will have to fight to stay alive, but it might make it.

...and 74% humidity??? that might be an issue.

ProbChild

ProbChild

just for fun...
you might take the healthiest bit and get a clone, dip it and start it rooting in a clean area. just in case...
the clone will have to fight to stay alive, but it might make it.

...and 74% humidity??? that might be an issue.
I started the clone at 90% humidity for 10 days and it rooted fast. I dropped it down to 80% for a month and had great results. Dropped back to %50 and a week later the yellowing started. I guess I panicked and thought it was humidity. Then the PM started. I will drop it back down to 50%.. or would you recommend lower?

freezeland2

freezeland2

I started the clone at 90% humidity for 10 days and it rooted fast. I dropped it down to 80% for a month and had great results. Dropped back to %50 and a week later the yellowing started. I guess I panicked and thought it was humidity. Then the PM started. I will drop it back down to 50%.. or would you recommend lower?
You’ll be fine at 50%. When flowering get it as low as you can.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Even without the PM i would not willingly ingest miracle grow smoke. Toxic stuff inside that stuff which ill refrain from calling soil. Toss that snicklefritz in the trash
You know that by the time the plant uptakes the nutes, the chemistry has changed and it's not the junk in MG anymore?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks for all your help. I am loath to kill it as it is the only one I have.
I could move the plant to another space to treat it.
As far as cleaning the space if I clear it out then run a sonic mister loaded with a bottle of H2O2 for a couple days be effective? I have a good recirculation fan should get it everywhere.
I think the PM came in from the squash plants next door.
I will try recover follow up in a few days.
The best thing you can do is try and save it because you will learn a ton.
These guyz here have a plant must die complex or something.
When stuff goes wrong is when you learn the most. If it's fine, what do you learn? Zip.

elduderito

elduderito

the best weapon against mold, rot, and pests is prevention ... when you have a full blown infestation or infection like in this case it's like pissing in the wind ... if he had caught it earlier I would say fight it ...

too many people trying to salvage tainted weed and sell it off to unknowing consumers ... it's not worth the health risks

ProbChild

ProbChild

the best weapon against mold, rot, and pests is prevention ... when you have a full blown infestation or infection like in this case it's like pissing in the wind ... if he had caught it earlier I would say fight it ...

too many people trying to salvage tainted weed and sell it off to unknowing consumers ... it's not worth the health risks
As stated earlier this is my only plant.. not plants.. first plant actually. This seems like a learning opportunity here. I'm not selling anyone anything so you can sleep easy. Also, what made you think I am a "he"? Lots of assumptions in that one comment (just saying)

ProbChild

ProbChild

The best thing you can do is try and save it because you will learn a ton.
These guyz here have a plant must die complex or something.
When stuff goes wrong is when you learn the most. If it's fine, what do you learn? Zip.
I have always felt the same way. Even if it dies I will have learned something.Thanks for your support here.

ProbChild

ProbChild

You’ll be fine at 50%. When flowering get it as low as you can.
I have dropped humidity to 50 and pulled off all those yellowing leaves. I have also mixed up some miracle grow because it is all I have for now and I think I dropped the ball on nutrients; I assume I will know pretty quickly if I am wrong about that.
I could not find that Lost Coast Plant Therapy locally are there one or two other safe options you could recommend?

Latest posts

Top Bottom