bad spores from good spores

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

I recently re soiled a pumpkin bed i’ve had going from a couple years back. just tilled it pretty heavy, dug out about a foot or two of that clay shit and added some organics plus soil from home depot. planted my pumpkins same day had been lacking attention for a while when they sprouted. Anyways fast forward a couple weeks and i’m noticing great growth on them everything lush green, however i also have mushrooms sprouting everywhere. I did plant a cover crop a day or so before noticing the mushrooms. idk if that could have caused this? but is it good or bad?

Bad spores from good spores
Bad spores from good spores 2
Bad spores from good spores 3
Bad spores from good spores 4
Bad spores from good spores 6
Bad spores from good spores 7

Bad spores from good spores 5
bankcee

bankcee

can anyone tell me if they’re good or bad.. i assume good meaning healthy micro biology. but they could be bad, correct?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Those i believe are Inky caps there harmless and if im not mistaken are a wood loving species.. You have wood in your mix there feeding on it.. there a decomposer benefical to most soils. Found alot in the PNW.

bankcee

bankcee

the wood in my mix won’t cause any harm to the plants? or the soil? or possibly attract some new pests?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
the wood in my mix won’t cause any harm to the plants? or the soil? or possibly attract some new pests?

Nope infact when it breaks down *will take ages* it will release micro nutrients into the soil, the fungi are helping to break it down already :D Good stuff! Just watch how much you water the wood tends to act as a good moister retainer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom