Bag seeds male or female

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

If one finds a “bag seed” in some expensive flower purchased at a local dispensary chances are that this seed has been caused by some perceived stress by the female plant causing a few buds to “herm” as opposed to being pollinated by a male plant? I know one should never assume and always check but odds are that said seed is probably female...no? I would think that chances are that the strain of flower one purchased came from a female clone at grow operation where it originated. I’m thinking in terms of “odds are” rather than absolutes.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If one finds a “bag seed” in some expensive flower purchased at a local dispensary chances are that this seed has been caused by some perceived stress by the female plant causing a few buds to “herm” as opposed to being pollinated by a male plant? I know one should never assume and always check but odds are that said seed is probably female...no? I would think that chances are that the strain of flower one purchased came from a female clone at grow operation where it originated. I’m thinking in terms of “odds are” rather than absolutes.
I think you are correct.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I have grown bag seeds before and they were female for me. But be warned there is a chance of getting nanners and watch how much you stress them or you may end up with even more seeds in the stuff you grow. For personal stash seeds aren’t a big deal in my opinion. Definitely not a good selling point lol

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thx for response. Seeds (about 1/2 dozen in total) came from a recent harvest of a Chem Dawg female started from seed It was one of three different females in tent. None of the others generated seeds and no signs of “herming” was seen on the Dawg other than the few seeds I found. I read where (nanners) can form inside of bud that are not observeable from outside...must be the case. I’ve started a couple of plants from these “bag seeds” and they’re looking healthy. I’ll be on lookout for these plants to do same. Last harvest had a clone from the “mildly hermmed” Dawg plant that seeded and there was no seeds from the clone. These seeds have to be female...r I g h t?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Thx for response. Seeds (about 1/2 dozen in total) came from a recent harvest of a Chem Dawg female started from seed It was one of three different females in tent. None of the others generated seeds and no signs of “herming” was seen on the Dawg other than the few seeds I found. I read where (nanners) can form inside of bud that are not observeable from outside...must be the case. I’ve started a couple of plants from these “bag seeds” and they’re looking healthy. I’ll be on lookout for these plants to do same. Last harvest had a clone from the “mildly hermmed” Dawg plant that seeded and there was no seeds from the clone. These seeds have to be female...r I g h t?
I’m not sure enough on the seeds being female or male so I can’t say for sure. Good genetics are always a plus but if your in a pinch or don’t mind experimenting then try and grow them. A lot of people will say it’s not worth your time or effort messing around with seeds from nanners.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Im confused here.
In the original post:

Which leads my thought - that your a custo and bought a bag from a dispensory and then found a seed.
but then your second post gives intimate details of its cultivation.

which is it?

did you come across a bean in a bag or are you investigating the dispensory? whats your intention here?

ANyway:

From what you type:
They will all be shemales.

Not one will be viable.

Mugwort

Mugwort

...no have never bought pot from a dispensary. That was a different event that had similar explanation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom