Baking soda or Bicarb soda for PH up?

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I used to use sodium bicarbonate for aquaria on a regular basis, it is safe for living organisms. But for organic of the terra firma type... if the water is on the acidic side I actually like to toss in dolomitic lime, th0ugh this is a very rare occurrence for me. It will dissolve a bit and definitely raise the pH, the problem is that it cannot be well controlled.

R

Ruff Ruffman

I had read online that there are some sorts of nutrient build ups that can occur using home remedies as such. I am a novice so please don't persecute me for my 2 cents chap!

E

ent

i've found sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to not be stable. ph will fluctuate after a day or two.

M

Mmmmasonite

I have found that the ph always goes up throughout the week....so I use Fulvic Acid do lower it and break down nutes naturally.....There is a very clean(looks like clear apple juice)and organic fulvic by Mad Farmer called Nutrient Up Take Solution or N.U.T.S......my personal favorite.........Peace

S

swampweed

citric acid for down or fulvic and humic,potassium based for up,silica,potash,charcoal,amonium nitrate,sulphate,potassium nitrate,dolomite or lime,gypsum.microbes will also affect your ph,Is it full organic or just based on organic with mineral supps?im only a newb so dont hate!

M

Mmmmasonite

citric acid for down or fulvic and humic,potassium based for up,silica,potash,charcoal,amonium nitrate,sulphate,potassium nitrate,dolomite or lime,gypsum.microbes will also affect your ph,Is it full organic or just based on organic with mineral supps?im only a newb so dont hate!

Well....I use these combos for hydro...not organic....but the up and down is .....and a lot of my supplements are as well.....

S

swampweed

Well....I use these combos for hydro...not organic....but the up and down is .....and a lot of my supplements are as well.....
srry mate,not sure if im understanding your post properly,please explain.

M

Mmmmasonite

Srry......i grow non organic hydro.....but I use beneficial bacterias, enzymes and organic supplements...I use silica and fulvic acid to adjust ph naturally....

S

swampweed

Ahh ok,i use a mix of 50/50 dolomite & hydrated lime 2 raise ph in soil,ive never had 2 lower ph in soil so,all i can suggest is mulch.as you wont be adding much xtra nitrogen.For organic nutes/fert,for up id go with silica,or potassium carbonate,for down id go fulvic,citric or humic acid,raised or lowered bfore you add your nutes.

L

LightDep530

I have been able to bring my RO water up with a little well water. Well water is too high RO is too low. Has been working good so far.

surrealife

surrealife

stuck watching crop...no store today. girls need Cal, and Mg. they ate the lil box of epsom salt, am burning wood, the ash supposedly 70% Cal, just got pH tester, says like 6, 6.5?
shouldn't it be higher, is it because it was pine ash?
so, i made some baking powder water, says 9.0-HH, 8.0 etc.
ask self, ...........self, can we use this...check my thcfarmer....they had i coverd
huhbest forum around by far
thanks
i have fulvic, humeric, and aminos by the lb, that will raise also ?
can i pound with mkp, 0-52-34

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Got eggshells?

I think a soil pH of 6.5 should be good, but if the girls aren't liking it, they're the ones you've gotta listen to, not me.

surrealife

surrealife

hi seamaiden, thanks for the quickness
feel like i have to fix now, or will they be fine for a couple?
the 6.5 is the ash
my plants are at 6.0, see some dip at 5.5...the meter fluctuates

surrealife

surrealife

knobs at kelp4less didn't send me the right stuff.
thats a 15mile drive to p.o.
NO Cal, No Mg, no dolomite. took my coupon... i wrote emails b*tchn
its sunday...
im in farm land, can get lime easy, no one around
so, help is on the way
my compost bin is hot...new, but thats reading high

eggshells? thats a lot of egg salad:) just me here
spose i'm be paranoid. just got a call, get lime/ or whatever tomorrow
thanks for listening?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Surreal, before I bother paying attention to what any meter or test tells me, I look at the animals. I mean the plants. I mean all of it! How do they look? Are they happy and growing well? If so, I'm not fucking around with pH because I've killed too many fish doing that. If they're unhappy and you see that pH isn't quite within parameters, then yeah, I agree with working to get it shifted.

That sucks they screwed up your order that way, that's a hell of a one-way trip just to hit the post office.

My chickenbirds are getting into the full swing of laying, we've got us some eggshells. And I am an egg-poaching queen.

C

CheckPlease

I've been using baking soda water for my ph up recently cuz the calmag / my nutes in general lowers my ph..I used to add tap water to make the ph go up but I do plan on getting some real ph up at the hydro store tomorrow.
So silica raises the ph? I've been thinking of buying some type of silica nutrient..does anyone have suggestions?

Top Bottom