Balcony Grow With Mystery Seed - Flowering Will It Will

• Thread starter CooperKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CooperKush

Hey folks, first post to the forum for me and I joined to get some more information about this plant I have.

I germinated some old seeds this July from seeds I collected from purchased buds throughout the years. Potted maybe two or three and only one has kept going. It's now been over 120+ says since first growing (don't remember the actual date but it was mid July) and I am not seeing any flowering. The plant has had some early issues with thrips but has powered through. I believe my start soil was a mix of organic and miraclegro (terrible for cannabis I know) but I quickly moved it to all organic. It's growing like crazy lately but hasn't shown any signs of flowering, only that it's had little pistels on it for a month now. They don't seem like male pistels though and I'm wondering if you will think it still might flower or if this plant won't be doing anything? Since this is my first time I think it's looking nice for a healthy plant, but I'd like it to flower eventually. Please see pictures for reference and sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Balcony grow with mystery seed   flowering will it will
Balcony grow with mystery seed   flowering will it will 2
Balcony grow with mystery seed   flowering will it will 3
Perception

Perception

(I’m guessing you are in the Southern Hemisphere. If not, disregard this info)

I can’t see any preflowers that would tell me if it was a male or female yet. You are still in Veg. Flower is primarily induced by a change in the number of hours it receives light vs dark. In order to start flowering, the plant needs to see at about 10 or 11 hours of uninterrupted darkness on a daily basis.

So if you are in the Southern Hemisphere (and not too close to the equator), you are hitting the summer solstice right now. The peak of vegetative growth. You’ll have a month or two before flower starts (depending on your latitude).

If you have a light on your balcony that stays on all night, that will prevent it from starting flower as well. They need darkness. I bet it will flower though. Looks healthy! Good luck!

You might want to consider up-potting to a larger pot when you see flowers start. As big as you can go.

C

CooperKush

Thanks for the reply above. I'm actually in the Northern Hemisphere, California to be exact, and Friday is the Winter Solstice. This plant has been growing since Mid-July now and I figured it would have been out of the vegetative state by now but doesn't show any signs of getting shorter. It does have fairly thick stocks with small pistils coming out in places. I'm starting to think it may be end up being a very late flowering hermie, since I got it from buds I'd purchased long ago. It was usually buy dank week so I always felt it was smart to save any seeds I got, but it didn't know too much about plant genetics then. If they came from buds they have to be hermie seeds right?

Perception

Perception

Dang, I was afraid of that (N. Hemisphere). I really don’t know what’s up then.

Is it getting hit by any ariticifial light at night? A flood light on your porch or a neighbors porch?

C

CooperKush

I was checking last night and sometimes I go out and turn the light on as I've got a compost bin close by, but I never leave it on. There is a light close to my balcony at entrance of my complex, but it doesn't shine directly on my porch. I think it's getting enough light forsure. I may try bagging it completely during the night now, not sure what else I can do.

C

CooperKush

I was checking last night and sometimes I go out and turn the light on as I've got a compost bin close by, but I never leave it on. There is a light close to my balcony at entrance of my complex, but it doesn't shine directly on my porch. I felt like it's in the dark enough but I may try bagging it completely during the night now, not sure what else I can do.

M

markp

Growing a seed from a bud does not means it will be hermie, or female or male. How many hours of lights does it gets? I have some plants outdoors and here its summer solstice today, they are just starting showing pistils so I am guessing I have another 2-3 months until they mature. I see you have it in a pot, so if I was you, I'd transplant it to a bigger pot, and move it to a totally dark place 12 hours a day. If that doesn't start flowering idk what to say.

Top Bottom