Ballerina to increse MPB yeild

• Thread starter edux10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edux10

Has anyone heard of this system called the ballerina? I have seen it advertised in the UK Magazine 'Weed World'. It is basically spinning colums of plants that spin surrounding 2 HPS lights hung vertically.

I was thinking this could help plants that were in the corner or on the sides. See in a room like this

XOX
OXO
XOX
OXO

see the Xs that are in the corners, could be on a spinning table and they could have 4 sides instead of 2. I know this would be a hard only because the bucket or bottom bucket would have to remain stationary while the plant or plant and top bucker rotated. I would think the buds may be a tad more larfy but maybe not as the HPS lights offer a TON of energy for the plant to grow. just an idea I was thinking about....

squarepusher

squarepusher

well, in DD case, the lights have a specific position in between plants. If they were to rotate, due to their low level, they might actually 'hit' the top colas of plants as they rotate.

Ballerina is for even top canopym like SOG or SCroG

C

canaguy27

lmao, i would love to see this in action. you should try it and let us know how you hook up the feed/air lines

L

Lost

You would have to have a circular drain. Some fix for the air lines not getting wrapped around the plant etc.

Why mess with something that already works and works well. MPB are being refined, I just don't think this is the direction :) Hell a proper has 4 1000 watt lights on it. Light is not lacking. Its brighter than a bright summer day (omni directional light) in my room and my lights are not done yet.

I do think this is a great way to grow just not for MPB's :)

E

edux10

cool, thanks for the info guys. I have yet to set up a room but an deff considering this method when i get some serious ends together.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Damn I thought we're were going to have a fit chick in a Tutu, heh heh.

I was semi thinking of making my plants rotate in a small veg room under 1 250w while they wait for the flowering room as soon as they go into the mpb I want to get them lit from everyside and give them a good 2-3 weeks veg under 3.4kw to big them up. I wouldn't even consider a light mover with flowering MPB's I think they want as much light as you can give them.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

You could save yourself the money and just rotate your plants by hand everyday. How will this device manage your, various feed, drain, drip and air lines without springing leaks or tangling?

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
chrom is right.also your root systems will eventually get so big and plants also you wouldnt want them moving around all the time.just add some suplimental light......thats your best bet since lighting prices are going down ,and you will make it right back...shamus

E

edux10

You could save yourself the money and just rotate your plants by hand everyday. How will this device manage your, various feed, drain, drip and air lines without springing leaks or tangling?

well when i was thinking about it, i was thinking that the bottom bucket would remain stationary and the top bucket and plant would rotate, but it really does seem like it would be a mess unless you came up with a few tricks to accomidate the tubes and roots and such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom