Banana Og / Chiquita Banana

• Thread starter Skunked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Can't forget these either View attachment 540101

Damn does he have those up anywhere or just testers? I asked about c&c f2's and then saw the new c&c crosses as well...looks fire! Bout to start some Mint Choco Chips...ran those yet?

And to OP- Ive heard that Chiquita and Banana OG are different plants, with Chiquita being a bit more banana flavored and not as OG structure. But other that than hearsay, not a lotta proof. You'll hear some folks say the Banana OG is straight banana and other say not so much...so guess its in the eye/nose of the beholder. lol.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Damn does he have those up anywhere or just testers? I asked about c&c f2's and then saw the new c&c crosses as well...looks fire! Bout to start some Mint Choco Chips...ran those yet?

And to OP- Ive heard that Chiquita and Banana OG are different plants, with Chiquita being a bit more banana flavored and not as OG structure. But other that than hearsay, not a lotta proof. You'll hear some folks say the Banana OG is straight banana and other say not so much...so guess its in the eye/nose of the beholder. lol.
Bro,those mint chocolate chips are by far the best cookie cross ive tried.it's thin minty,and then goes green ribbon lime on you like icebreakers gum.it yielded great,I'd run a whole room of it.lime sherbert pretty much.
Rps20151003 014935 897
Rps20151003 015105 960

yea the banana creams are the new new,the bbk x is the same mom as kimbo,the platinum mr white (Plat og x white bubba ogers)x c and c,and a few other sick ones.
On the banana og,you are spot on.the cut I have is a sweet og with a subtle,fresh banana smell/taste.the laffy taffy pheno puts off larger colas,seemed to be looser?(at least what I have seen compared to my cut) and of course it's so freaking sweet banana it's unmistakable.the chiquita was tart,and definitely different.it looked like a bk cross.
I do think the og dom is the most potent.it has a soaring high with no ceiling.it should do well x'd to cookies and cream.
Have you popped that elite gear yet?

Skunked

Skunked

Ironic you brought up the MCC I'm trying to get my hands on them, the green ribbon x just sounds too perfect...the structure I see from others grows too is perfect, I like the way it produces...need to get my hands on a pack know where any are?

And that's why I'm so confused, it's not really set in stone but I think you're right and that it is two different strains. I saw the Chiquita pushed 30 some % THC in the NorCal cup if you guys are interested in what I'm talking about specifically is the utopia farms cut...I hear the OG pushes some power too tho. So definitely eager to get my hands on & work either one. I've heard people compare it to fresh bananas/unrippened ones and others claim it smells like fresh banana bread, regardless the highs they give are what really intrigue me both seem to make you happy. Exactly what I like from my bud, that uplifting feeling to get you outta a funk.

true grit

true grit

@thunderfudge damn ill have to get those mint choco chips going. Sound tasty.

Banana creams sound tasty too. I need to hit animal to the banana og sometime in the future.

Yup ran through lemon larrys and didnt find what i was looking for really. Think they looked/smelled more like Sour Chem kush or something like that from him I previously ran. Not very OG. Have def grown and had lemon larry in the past that was candy lemon OG

alaskind

alaskind

I was recently given a MCC X Nightmare cookies as a tester, will be firing them with the banana :D

true grit

true grit

Ironic you brought up the MCC I'm trying to get my hands on them, the green ribbon x just sounds too perfect...the structure I see from others grows too is perfect, I like the way it produces...need to get my hands on a pack know where any are?

And that's why I'm so confused, it's not really set in stone but I think you're right and that it is two different strains. I saw the Chiquita pushed 30 some % THC in the NorCal cup if you guys are interested in what I'm talking about specifically is the utopia farms cut...I hear the OG pushes some power too tho. So definitely eager to get my hands on & work either one. I've heard people compare it to fresh bananas/unrippened ones and others claim it smells like fresh banana bread, regardless the highs they give are what really intrigue me both seem to make you happy. Exactly what I like from my bud, that uplifting feeling to get you outta a funk.

I actually snagged my MCC from here but dont see anymore left. I dont get around to buying seeds much lately so not sure where to look.
Damn 30% on the chiquita huh? I smelled some finished banana from a cat other day and could see where folks get the banana peel/sweetness from but not quite sure i get the laffy taffy smell. Curious how she will smell in organics. I wanna say there is a thread over on the mag about the chiquita cut, that may have some more info for ya

SourDank

SourDank

@true grit i have 8 MCC's in veg right now, they're looking good. And after seeing and hearing what @thunderfudge has to say about them in really happy I do. I'll take some lime cookies all day!

Skunked

Skunked

I actually snagged my MCC from here but dont see anymore left. I dont get around to buying seeds much lately so not sure where to look.
Damn 30% on the chiquita huh? I smelled some finished banana from a cat other day and could see where folks get the banana peel/sweetness from but not quite sure i get the laffy taffy smell. Curious how she will smell in organics. I wanna say there is a thread over on the mag about the chiquita cut, that may have some more info for ya
Well do me a favor a post a thread on yours when you do :P & tag me?

And yeah man if you look up utopia farms there Chiquita tested in the 30s, do you have IG? Can just look that name up on there, I want it so bad lol. I saw some moxie seeds that they used a bunch of banana Og in and have a strain labeled Chiquita so I'm trying to see what that's about. I always use the mag when i do google searches always the first site to come up, haven't joined though...I'll have to. And idk if the laffy taffy comes from a different strain and if thatbwouldntelate to the ppl I hear refer to it as having a banana nut smell, either way definitely intrigued. Also like seeing all these crosses you guys are infusing the banana into. Definitely some gems.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
@thunderfudge damn ill have to get those mint choco chips going. Sound tasty.

Banana creams sound tasty too. I need to hit animal to the banana og sometime in the future.

Yup ran through lemon larrys and didnt find what i was looking for really. Think they looked/smelled more like Sour Chem kush or something like that from him I previously ran. Not very OG. Have def grown and had lemon larry in the past that was candy lemon OG
was more wondering about the ult chem sfv.
I hit the ultimate chem sfv to banana,lemon bubba,white bubba ogers,and sour larry,getting some banana shining through on the banana x ucsfv,but the banana og x sour larry x ult chem 08(Sour banana larry) are ALL banana and pinene.I'll get to the others soon after the sour banana larry f2 and banana og bx tent I'm throwing together

true grit

true grit

Well do me a favor a post a thread on yours when you do :p & tag me?

And yeah man if you look up utopia farms there Chiquita tested in the 30s, do you have IG? Can just look that name up on there, I want it so bad lol. I saw some moxie seeds that they used a bunch of banana Og in and have a strain labeled Chiquita so I'm trying to see what that's about. I always use the mag when i do google searches always the first site to come up, haven't joined though...I'll have to. And idk if the laffy taffy comes from a different strain and if thatbwouldntelate to the ppl I hear refer to it as having a banana nut smell, either way definitely intrigued. Also like seeing all these crosses you guys are infusing the banana into. Definitely some gems.

Yeah i could definitley get banana nut from the nug I smelled. I should be flowering a test plant of banana pretty soon, ill throw up some pix when I do. Ill try to remember when i pop the MCC as well.

was more wondering about the ult chem sfv.
I hit the ultimate chem sfv to banana,lemon bubba,white bubba ogers,and sour larry,getting some banana shining through on the banana x ucsfv,but the banana og x sour larry x ult chem 08(Sour banana larry) are ALL banana and pinene.I'll get to the others soon after the sour banana larry f2 and banana og bx tent I'm throwing together

Sour Banana Larry sounds fire! Glad to see those projects are shaping up for ya. I ended up not popping the Ult SFV Chem as I reversed my Stardawg and hit the SFV and few other OG's and am testing those right now instead. Figure id pass on the uncertainty and roll with fems of genetics Im 100% confident in.

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

You're not alone @Skunked Been hunting Banana OG since 2009 when a buddy had a fire bag of some. I figure good things come to those who wait.

Skunked

Skunked

Definitely sounds like the kill, hear nothing but good things about it and I'm not much of a breeder outside making beans for the outdoor season, but those crossing this strain are coming out with some flame. Those golden lions x's are almost my go to at this point until me and the monkey gods cross paths. The big league billy I think holds some gems and I can't believe there's still 14 packs here...sorry I'm stoned and rambling but to say the least you're correct and I believe with time you'll find yourself with a banana garden ;) @GrowAholiC

C

CubbyT

Anyone running this strain? Or lucky enough to have this clone? Curious how it is for you fellow farmers?

Also, the "Chiquita banana" is this just another name given to this strain or a specific cut? I see utopia farms have their cut which they call Chiquita...any banana enthusiast please chime in.

Looking for all the info personally on this strain, nothing has caught my eye since the forum cut which I have trouble getting still lol
I actually bought some banana og today from NorCal genetics. They came with a banana kush x banana og tester packs. I have 4 tester packs of 5 and 40 banana og. However i got a hold of the breeder and she was honest and said she pulled the banana og this year because the mother she belives was too old and spent...i dont want to go much further on that aa she is making things right and was very honest and prompt after contacting her about thus strain. She said however that the tester packs are crazy flavorful and that while there are mutations you could find a good pheno. But she is working on something to stabilize it. It actually sounds really good and she said it should be ready by spring. Id check her out in spring for a more stable version....also google or look into the strain the real banana...

therealAries

therealAries

Chiquita banana is banana kush which is banana og

The lineage is OG KUSH GHOST CUT X 6040
The only one that really stands out is chiquita banana been following her since the gg4 threads when she was first introduced on a thread she then tested at like 33% thc maybe less but her highest thc count is at 34.7% thc rb26 is one master grower just too bad the chiquita banana is hoarded hard core only few people have it... And many dispensaries be throwing that name on their lower quality banana kush lines they have on shelves... Let's hope that whom ever does some s1's of her so we all can all see a chance at 34+% thc that's what I've been hunting for.. For years... Best of luck to all

therealAries

therealAries

Just go to the mag and go to the chiquita banana thread hosted by the legendary rb-26 himself with some legit info there's no lion og in it it's pure banana kush/banana og as it gets
Even JAWS and Dankonomics and HammerHead comes in the thread and says some very important details about her lets hope we can get some cb action here at thcfarmer

TheRemer

TheRemer

And banana og x ultimate chem sfvView attachment 540102you can see the burnt to a crisp cola in the background.I had a timer take a shit after a 12 hour shift,the lights stayed on for 10 hours with no ventilation on.it was 150°+ lolol.I torched the whole room.only 5 plants made it through.catastrophic failure.shit happens.
For those not running high-temp shutoffs,this is what can happen....total fubar hahahaView attachment 540104 View attachment 540103
Oh no man. I feel for you. I got a timer that gets hot when shits running. I hope the lights just turn off instead of staying on. Looks fire tho bro.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok so is this far as the chiquita got? And whats the real chiquita. I see utopia farms i hear orgnkd cut was the best. I hear hammerhead cb s1 is the same thing. All from the same cut. Whats the truth on this banana? How can orgnkd have a superior cut thats his if the only way to get it was to get a cut of utopia farms? That makes it the same cut. Idk and at 34% why is the search on it so empty. No grow logs no solid info at all just circles. Cause im staring at a chiquita i call #2
i have never had a banana strain at all. Grown or even smoked one. I do not clearly smell banana but more very sweet with a chemical hint like banana peel or hoppes gun cleaner but not as strong. Here she sits day 50.
IMAG1988
IMAG1989
IMAG1986
IMAG1991
IMAG1993

jasper19

jasper19

I know this is a older thread but it seems real cuts from Utopia Farms are available and I grabbed one from a seemingly reputable vendor. Anyone else hold the Utopia Farms cut and how many days does it run.? It’s going to be a bit before I have room but sounds like maybe 65 days but can’t find information from anyone that’s grown it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom