Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Since you guys went and made me feel insecure about my vegetative growth space, Mrs. Romanum would like to say 🖕

I ordered more tings!! like a 2'x4' seedling heat mat to make sure the roots stay nice and warm

View attachment 1072785

And a temp controller to make sure it doesn't cook shit:

View attachment 1072786

And then because I'm impulsive and constantly re-arraging power cords I bought this to hang above the tents (I'd like to move all the temp/humidity/etc controllers outside the tents where they're always accessible and not shining red lights on the flowering ladies at night

View attachment 1072787

How do you guys feel about photoperiod in the veg tent? Is everyone pretty much 18/6 is the way to go or does anyone run veg 24/7?

I mess around with veg times based on DJ Short's advice. So for instance this grow i am flowering at 11.5 on 12.5 off and veg was 16-8. But I'm not optimizing for yield.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What do you consider that to be optimizing for? Out of curiosity
An attempt to induce phenotypes with more tropical/sativa traits.

I figure the plant is obviously measuring dark time and so it must matter to the plant and i wonder what the effects might be.

Honestly though it's mostly bc I like the romance of some slightly quirky indoor pot lol.

beluga

beluga

I put a good amount of belief in the idea that nighttime processes are necessary and give better resulting plants.
Those beliefs are crushed by anyone ever running 24/0 (myself included)... but I still believe 'em and I'll put money on 18/6 plants being better... even if I lose that money.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I do 18/6. I tried 24/7 and some strains weren’t liking it so I never really gave it a fair shot.
I put a good amount of belief in the idea that nighttime processes are necessary and give better resulting plants.
Those beliefs are crushed by anyone ever running 24/0 (myself included)... but I still believe 'em and I'll put money on 18/6 plants being better... even if I lose that money.
24 hr vegger here... No rest for the wicked.

I've been on 24/7 but people I trust and respect seem to echo the whale and butthole guys. @BudGoodman thanks for making sure there was no consensus which might alleviate my dissonance.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've been on 24/7 but people I trust and respect seem to echo the whale and butthole guys. @BudGoodman thanks for making sure there was no consensus which might alleviate my dissonance.

What if they are all just internet trolls playing with your emotions for sport?

And of course use 18/6 since thats the only way to do it and any rational grower knows other timings are preposterous.

laughing and laughing as their timers click the lights off for the cycle...

;-)

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Download 10

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

It's a MF roller coaster ride over here guys. They have been looking a little better since I turned up the heat, except the front two plants in both boxes(red arrows). I'm wondering if it's because the passive intake vent (blue arrow) is behind them and cold air gets pulled across their leaves whenever the tent intakes:

I was fine with that. The rest are pretty much praying and all are looking better. This is progress. Then, this morning, the usual suspects look extra turbo droopy - but so do the lowers on one of the best looking plants:

Could just be that lights-out is in an hour, and they could be getting back to needing to be watered again, but the boxes just a smidge too heavy to be dry, and I think it's all just collecting at the bottom.

Fuckin over this grow for sure

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Maybe I’m an idiot but it’s an idea..
how well did you mix your soil pablumromanoff?
Could it be possible you have some hot spots?

Yea definitely a possibility, I'm nearly 100% positive all the struggles I'm having are ultimately soil related, although I doubt it'd get too hot off anything I use. Maybe neem seed meal but I only mix that with EWC for top dress. Wish I could just pull these fuckers out and rework the soil and stick em back in =\ tomorrow is three weeks in flower though it's pretty much let them go or dont.

beluga

beluga

Yea definitely a possibility, I'm nearly 100% positive all the struggles I'm having are ultimately soil related, although I doubt it'd get too hot off anything I use. Maybe neem seed meal but I only mix that with EWC for top dress. Wish I could just pull these fuckers out and rework the soil and stick em back in =\ tomorrow is three weeks in flower though it's pretty much let them go or dont.
I may have missed/forgotten something, but have you posted any pics of the soil surface?
I'm mostly just curious to see what it looks like under those orange covers... earthboxes are totally foreign to me but it seems like those covers are a recipe for soggy, un-aerated soil... especially if you don't have it dialed in right from the get-go.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Yeah man I wasn’t accusing you of doing a bad job or anything considering you can bench press my entire family 🤣🤣

just a thought cause I saw that outdoor this year on a few of my plants and I chalked it up to a bad mix. Maybe someone here can shed light better than my shot in the dark lol

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I may have missed/forgotten something, but have you posted any pics of the soil surface?
I'm mostly just curious to see what it looks like under those orange covers... earthboxes are totally foreign to me but it seems like those covers are a recipe for soggy, un-aerated soil... especially if you don't have it dialed in right from the get-go.

Top soil is good, mostly composted EWC and Kashi. I'll get a pic when I'm in next. Actually need to do a Kashi topdress anyways

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Exactly three weeks since the flip.

I think I've done as much good as I'll do running straight water through them to get back on track. They're mostly looking healthier and the boxes are pretty much dry so I'm gonna give em a snack. I'm gonna feed these bitches some tea tomorrow. Started an ACT with Dragonfly Earth Medicine Fat Flowers, some insect frass, kelp and molasses. I'll add some EM1 to that right before watering and probably make it a very light watering...maybe ~.5 per box.

I also realized I've completely neglected the Myco in these boxes since transplant so I'm probably gonna top-dress with some Myco WP and Oyster Shell flower, then water in with the tea. Debating on whether or not to add a little humic acid with the EM1.

Also started the next phase of training on my manifold experiment. Poor, overwatered victim of my abuse-by-learning (like pretty much everything else in the veg tent)

Hoping to remedy that when the new seedling mat arrives today. I went big and bought a 20"x48" mat from AC Infinity since there seems to be at least a little brand integrity there. Have a thermostat to control it also, hoping to make these girls a little happier/faster growing without buying and running a second heater.

I also benched 350 pounds for a sloppy triple if anyone cares about that kinda thing...looking at you @Aqua Man

Top Bottom